Author Topic: The Amazing Spider- Man  (Read 3024 times)

Hulot

The Amazing Spider- Man
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:58 PM »

The Amazing Spider- Man
Year 2012
Director Marc Webb
With Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone

DVD Sony

Overview

Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared when he was young. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father’s former partner.

Last night I finally got to see this DVD that I had bought in 2012...I should have waited longer.
This reboot was completely unnecessary, it just clunked along, retreading the exact same territory as Raimi’s first film, in a less effective way.
James Horner’s score sounded generic and bland.

Rating 2/5

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Spider- Man
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:27:33 AM »
I think you are right.  This one and the second are just not up to the standard of the first series.  Just and example of Marvel trying to suck as much money out of web slingers fans as possible.  :thumbdown:
Thank you
David

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »
I think you are right.  This one and the second are just not up to the standard of the first series.  Just and example of Marvel trying to suck as much money out of web slingers fans as possible.  :thumbdown:

Not Marvel. Sony. The set up this second series or else the rights would have gone back to Marvel.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 07:51:46 AM »
At least Andrew is a good sport:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:52 AM »
Raimi was supposed to do a 4th movie..he felt the date that Sony had already set was too soon.  They didn't want to move it back, so he left the project.  They Sony decide it was reboot time so they could keep the rights.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:04:48 AM »
Unnecessary, yes. Bad, no, not in my opinion. I tried to not compare it to the first one when I watched it, and I enjoyed it just fine. Would I rather have seen a fourth Raimi film? Yes, if they could have come up with a decent new script.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 12:48:17 AM »
I agree with Gunnar... I didn't try to compare it to the others... and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 01:45:01 AM »
I enjoyed it overall...and the new one, but there were one or two things I think were a little rushed.  The reboot wasn't needed, but it isn't horrible.