Author Topic: Son of Batman  (Read 1863 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Son of Batman
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »
     Son of Batman: DC Universe Original Movie (2014/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video
Director:Ethan Spaulding
Writing:James Robinson (Story By), Joe R. Lansdale (Screenwriter), Bob Kane (Original Characters By), Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), George Perez [George PĂ©rez] (Original Characters By), Gerry Conway (Original Characters By), Don Newton (Original Characters By)
Length:72 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Stylized Violence Including Bloody Images, and Some Suggestive Material
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Jason O'Mara as Batman / Bruce Wayne
Stuart Allan as Damian
Thomas Gibson as Deathstroke
Morena Baccarin as Talia
Dee Bradley Baker as Man-Bats
Xander Berkeley as Langstrom

Plot:
Hidden atop a secret mountain stronghold lies the League of Shadows and its fearless leader, Ra's al Ghul. Together with his equally dangerous daughter, Talia, he oversees a trained army of assassin with plans for global domination. But an uprising from within the League now threatens to shift the balance of power and sends Talia and her young son, Damian, fleeing to Gotham City. With assassins on their trail, Talia seeks the protection of Batman, who, unbenownst to him, is the boy's father. With his son in tow, Batman wages war against the villain Deathstroke and the League of Shadows, all while teaching his headstrong boy that one can't fight crime by becoming a criminal. With help from Gotham's finest, including Commissioner Gordon and Nightwing, Batman will soon discover that his son and most trusted ally are one and the same!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • From the DC Comics Vault - 4 Bonus Cartoons

My Thoughts:
Let me say before my review that I can not compare this film to the comics as I never read them. Matter of fact before seeing this film released I had no idea they ever did a storyline involving a Son of Batman.

As for the film standing on it's own... I must say I enjoyed it very much! It has a good, strong storyline as well as a lot of action. Not to mention it's own fair share of bloodletting. I don't know how he compares to the comics... but I must say... I really like the character of Damian (Batman's son) and hope to see more animated films (even a live-action adaptation!) with him in it. If you are a fan of the animated superhero films this one is a must see! Well worth every minute!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Son of Batman
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:29 AM »
I'll probably get it eventually.  I have liked the other animated comic movies I've seen.  The DC ones have been pretty good.