Author Topic: Carrie (2013)  (Read 1046 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Carrie (2013)
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
     Carrie (2013/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Kimberly Peirce
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Lawrence D. Cohen (Screenwriter), Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Screenwriter)
Length:92 min.
Rating:Rated R : Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language and Some Sexual Content
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Julianne Moore as Margaret White
Chloë Grace Moretz as Carrie White
Gabriella Wilde as Sue Snell
Portia Doubleday as Chris Hargensen
Zoe Belkin as Tina
Samantha Weinstein as Heather

Plot:
Chloë Grace Moretz and OSCAR® Nominee Julianne Moore* star in this exhilarating reimagining of Stephen King's iconic best seller. After merciless taunting from classmates and abuse at the hand of her religious fanatic mother (Moore), Carrie's (Moretz) anger – and her telekinetic powers – are unleashed. And when a prom prank goes horribly wrong, events spiral out of control until the terrifying conclusion of this powerful, pulse-quickening horror story.

*Actress: 2002, Far From Heaven; 1999, The End of the Affair.
Supporting Actress: 2002, The Hours; 1997, Boogie Nights.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
I was in the mood for a horror movie today... and decided to pop this one in. I recently watched it by renting it through Redbox. But then shortly after that I got my own Blu-ray copy.... got it used... so I had to watch it and make sure it worked right didn't I? Anyway... really loved the film. I think Chloë Grace Moretz did a fantastic job as Carrie. She could quite possibly replace Sissy Spacek as my favorite actress to portray Carrie! Though to be fair I haven't seen the other two versions in years. Julianne Moore was terrific as Carrie's mother Margaret White. They kept quite a lot of the scenes the same in this film... but they changed enough to keep the film interesting. Especially towards the end. And the changes they made I liked. I have to say... even if you are a fan of the original... give this one a chance. I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Carrie (2013)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:27:20 AM »
I enjoyed this one when I saw it in the theater.  In some ways, I think the Mother is even more twisted in this one.