Author Topic: Arrow: The Complete First Season  (Read 1626 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Arrow: The Complete First Season
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:40:21 AM »
     Arrow: The Complete First Season
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
Justice hits its mark! Based on the DC Comics series, Arrow reinvents the edgy and iconic character for today's audiences in the year's most thrill-packed and visually stunning action series. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen comes home with a mysterious agenda and lethal new skills to fight crime in Starling City. Wearing the dark hood of a "vigilante" archer, Oliver's fiercely determined to right the wrongs of his father and thwart those who've corrupted his city. But his crusade is complicated by his own family's dark secrets, a best friend's unwitting ties to evil, and the woman he loves but betrayed in his earlier life, and the woman he loves but betrayed in his earlier life. From Oliver's harrowing island ordeals to Arrow's breathtaking urban stealth warfare, this 5-disc, 23-episode Season One is a heroic adventure delivered dead center!

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Honor Thy Father
3. Lone Gunmen
4. An Innocent Man
5. Damaged
6. Legacies
7. Muse of Fire
8. Vendetta
9. Year's End
10. Burned
11. Trust But Verify
12. Vertigo
13. Betrayal
14. The Odyssey
15. Dodger
16. Dead to Rights
17. The Huntress Returns
18. Salvation
19. Unfinished Business
20. Home Invasion
21. The Undertaking
22. Darkness on the Edge
23. Sacrifice

Stars:
Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance
Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn
David Ramsey as John Diggle
Willa Holland as Thea Queen

Extras:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching the first season of Arrow for the first time. I must say... I enjoyed it very much. The series is loaded with a bunch of great action... and it has a great storyline that keeps your interest as well. I think the entire cast did a fine job as well. Though the series is not perfect. First off is this series is about the Green Arrow... but yet they refuse to call him this... through-out the entire first season he is only known as "The Hood". Also I didn't like how they did his mask. I mean just wearing green make-up across his eyes like a mask? No... this just not right. And this series also falls short where many superhero movies and TV Series do... to many people learning Green Arrow's secret identity. I can accept one... maybe two for the entire run... but more then that is just too much in my opinion. But despite all those problems I found another series that I love. So can't wait to watch the season 2 episodes... especially with how the first season ended. If you never seen this series... I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete