Author Topic: Justice League: War  (Read 857 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Justice League: War
« on: April 13, 2014, 12:41:49 AM »
     Justice League: War (2013/United States)

Warner Home Video
Director:Jay Oliva
Writing:Heath Corson (Writer), Geoff Johns (Original Material By), Jim Lee (Original Material By), Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), Bob Kane (Original Characters By), William Moulton Marston (Original Characters By), Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), George Perez [George PĂ©rez] (Original Characters By), Jack Kirby (Original Characters By)
Length:79 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Violence and Action, and Some Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Justice LeagueSean Astin as Shazam (Voice)
Zach Callison as Billy Batson (Voice)
Christopher Gorham as Flash / Barry Allen (Voice)
Justin Kirk as Green Lantern / Hal Jordan (Voice)
Michelle Monaghan as Wonder Woman (Voice)

Plot:
In Gotham City's shadows lurks a mysterious figure, a silent guardian known only as the Batman. While battling crime and an ever-growing public distrust, he faces the injustices of the night alone. During a criminal pursuit, the Batman crosses paths with the arrogant intergalactic cop Green Lantern, and the unlikely duo uncovers an impending threat bigger and more deadly than anything the Earth has faced before. For the Earth to have a chance to survive, it will be a race to forge an uneasy alliance of its greatest super powers, including the Kryptonian alien, Superman; the Amazonian envoy, Wonder Woman; and the Scarlet Speedster, the Flash. Along with newcomers Cyborg and teen super hero Shazam, this awesome assembly of the world's finest are prepared to meet evil head-on and offer mankind its only hope, if they don't self-destruct first!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Commentary
  • Digital Copy
  • 4 Vintage Cartoons
  • Sneak Peek at "Son of Batman"

My Thoughts:
I watched this film the not that long ago... end of February... but I just had it on a basically bare bones DVD. Today I upgraded to a Blu-ray/DVD Combo (in a SteelBook case)... so had the urge to watch it again. I especially wanted to check out what the cover calls "From the DC Vaults: 4 Vintage Cartoons." Now... maybe it is just me... but when I think vintage... I am thinking anything made in the '60s and earlier... and to be honest I think the '60s is pushing it a bit. But what does DC consider Vintage? An episode of Justice League Unlimited (2004)... and episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold (2008) and 2 episodes of Young Justice (2011)... the oldest of these series only being 10 years old! And this is Vintage!?! But apparently I must be mistaking vintage for classic. I dunno.

As for the film itself... I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did the first time I saw it. First I must say this animated movie is off the new DC 52 comics so some things are different. Most notably some of the costumes. Superman's costume I have already gotten used to from the Man of Steel film. But it took quite a bit to get used to the way they did Wonder Woman's costume. And I still prefer the classic costume over this one. And it was also a bit strange seeing her fighting with a sword through-out the whole film. They also made some changes to the look of Cyborg. I missed Flash being the over-confident smart-mouth of the bunch. But at least they still had this fun aspect to one of the heroes... they just switched it over to Green Lantern. The storyline itself was fantastic! I loved every moment of this film! It is just some of the changes to some of the characters that bugged me a little. But if you are a fan of these animated superhero films this one is a must see! And now I am looking forward to checking out the next film coming from the DC Universe... Son of Batman.

My Rating:
Pete