Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61631 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
Last night I got...

True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season
| Year: 2013 | 600 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

With the Authority in flames, TruBlood in short supply, and humans in open conflict with vampires, a plethora of new threats and jarring storylines arise for human/faerie hybrid Sookie Stackhouse and her allies in the sixth season of this provocative, enthralling and wildly entertaining HBO series. As "Billith" comes to terms with his newfound powers after emerging from a pool of blood at the end of Season 5, Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard) declares open season on vampires, replete with anti-vamp weapons and a high-tech internment camp. Meanwhile, Sookie and Jason steel themselves for an encounter with the killer of their parents; the mysterious and ancient Warlow.

Episodes:

1. Who Are You, Really?
2. The Sun
3. You're No Good
4. At Last
5. Fuck the Pain Away
6. Don't You Feel Me
7. In the Evening
8. Dead Meat
9. Life Matters
10. Radioactive
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-Ray) 2014

Bambi: Diamond Edition: Double Play (Blu-Ray) 1942
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
I got quite a few blu-rays added yesterday...

The Devil Wears Prada
| Year: 2006 | 109 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Based on the hilarious best-selling novel, this sinfully funny movie stars Oscar® winner Meryl Streep* as fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly. Anne Hathaway co-stars as Andy, the young woman who lands a job "to die for" as Miranda's assistant — a job that might, in fact, be the death of Andy!

*1982, Best Actress, Sophie's Choice.
 1979, Best Supporting Actress, Kramer vs. Kramer.

A Perfect Getaway
| Year: 2009 | 108 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Milla Jovovich, Steve Zahn, Timothy Olyphant and Kiele Sanchez star in this gripping suspense-thriller about an island vacation that turns deadly. Honeymooners Cliff (Zahn) and Cydney (Jovovich) are hiking a jungle trail to a remote Hawaiian beach when they hear that police have uncovered a grisly murder scene and the suspected killers are somewhere nearby. Unsure whether to stay or flee, the pair joins two other couples and things start to go horribly wrong. Far from civilization, a brutal battle for survival begins where danger lurks along every twist of the path and no one is who they seem. From director David Twohy comes the suspenseful film critics call, "a clever, heart-pounding thriller" (Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle).

Hot Fuzz
| Year: 2007 | 121 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Get ready for a gut-busting, outrageous comedy from the guys that created Shaun of the Dead. Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) is a big-city cop who can't be stopped - but he's making everyone else on the force look bad. When he is reassigned to a small, quiet town, he struggles with this new, seemingly idyllic world and his bumbling partner (Nick Frost). But their dull existence is interrupted by several grisly and suspicious accidents, and the crime-fighting duo turn up the heat and hand out high-octane, car-chasing, gun-fighting, big-city justice in this hilarious hit critics are calling "Outrageous! Uproariously funny!" (Thelma Adams, US WEEKLY).

The Devil's Rejects
| Year: 2005 | 109 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Ambushed at their homestead by Sheriff Wydell and a squad of armed men, the Firefly family awakens with guns blazing - yet only Otis and his sister, Baby, manage to escape unharmed. Taking refuge and hostages in a back-road motel, the wanted siblings rendezvous with their deranged partner in crime, Captain Spaulding, killing whoever happens to stand in their way. But as the body count mounts higher, Sheriff Wydell decides to "cross the line" and take the law into his own hands, paving the way for one of the most depraved and terrifying showdowns in cinematic history.

The Devil Inside
| Year: 2012 | 83 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In 1989, emergency responders received a 9-1-1 call from Maria Rossi confessing to three brutal murders. The courts found her insane, but something else found her first. Twenty years later, her daughter Isabella's search for answers led to an exorcism by two rogue priests revealing that her mother is possessed by four powerful demons. Now, Isabella must face pure evil or forsake her soul. Discover why The Devil Inside is the movie critics call "riveting"* and "terrifying."*

*Joel D. Amos, MOVIE FANATIC

Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
| Year: 2006 | 92 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Tim Allen is back in the big red suit for more adventures and laughs in Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause – now merrier and brighter than ever on Blu-ray Disc®.

As Christmas nears, Scott Calvin invites his in-laws (Ann-Margret, Alan Arkin) to join the festivities. But the holidays take a chaotic turn when Scott discovers a way out of his "Santa Clause" and the mischievous Jack Frost (Martin Short) puts the big freeze on Christmas's big cheese! Now, unless Scott can get his job back in the St. Nick of time, it's going to be a very glacial "Frostmas" all around the world! Bundle up for fresh thrills as your favorite reluctant Santa Claus faces his most chilling challenge yet in the crystal clarity of high definition, while spectacular audio enhancement makes sleigh bells ring out like symphonies.
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #348 on: November 07, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

Supernatural: Season 7

Suits: Season 3

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 07, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
This arrived in the mail today! Thanks a million Danae!! ;)

The Last Man On Earth (Blu-Ray) 1946
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 09, 2014, 03:51:50 AM »
Yay!  Glad it got there with no troubles!
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2014, 04:30:47 PM »
Yay!  Glad it got there with no troubles!

Yep, great! Thanks ;) hopefully i will get around soon to watch it too!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 11, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »

Edge Of Tomorrow 3D (3D Blu-Ray) 2014

Sleeping Beauty: 50th Anniversary: 2-Disc Platinum (Blu-Ray) 1959
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2014, 04:28:15 AM »
This evening I got...

Sinister
| Year: 2012 | 110 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Ten years ago, true crime writer Ellison Oswald made his reputaion with a best-selling account of a notorious murder. Now, desperate to replicate the sucess of his first book, he moves his family into a home where the previous occupants were brutally excuted and a child disappeared, hoping to find inspiration in the crime scene. In the home, Ellison discovers a cache of terrifying home movies, unwillingly opening the door into a nightmarish mystery.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season
| Year: 2008 | 437 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The mother of all destiny. Her son, the future leader of mankind. Their protector, a Terminator from the future. Together they must take back the future as Sarah Connor (300's Lena Headey) prepares her son to fight the war against machines determined to annihilate the human race. The clock is ticking. Can they stop Judgment Day?

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. Gnothi Seauton
3. The Turk
4. Heavy Metal
5. Queen's Gambit
6. Dungeons and Dragons
7. The Demon Hand
8. Vick's Chip
9. What He Beheld
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
Smallville: The Complete Series (2001 - 2011)

Nov 10th - €87.57 (CA$93.99) @ Amazon.ca

Collection no. 12785 - 12843
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »
How many copies of Smallville do you now have? :stars:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »
How many copies of Smallville do you now have? :stars:

Seasons 1-10 on DVD
Seasons 6-10 on Blu-ray
The Complete Series (UK)

and now

The Complete Series (US)

The latter one comes with a so-far unique retrospective as well as an actual copy of a Daily Planet edition.

All in all I now have 41 seasons of this 10 season show.

I also have 30 seasons of Friends (10) and 15 seasons of Buffy (7).

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing ...
I'm beginning to understand now why there is a new (even more special) special-release of LotR every six month.  :tease:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:01:24 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »
Bill Burr: Let It Go (2010)

Nov 12th - €0.00 ($9.33) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 20038

Bill Burr: Why Do I Do This? (2008)

Nov 12th - €0.00 ($9.82) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 20039

Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 13, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
While out and about today I picked up...

50 First Dates
| Year: 2004 | 99 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore star together for the first time since The Wedding Singer in one of the funniest romantic comedies in years. Henry Roth (Sandler) lives an enviable life in a Hawaiian paradise, spending every night with a beautiful tourist in search of an island fling. It's a sweet life with no strings attached...until he meets Lucy (Barrymore). He and Lucy hit it off from the get-go, but the next day she acts like she doesn't know him. Has his karma come around to kick him in the butt or what? Actually, Lucy has short-term memory loss, so every night all memory of her day is erased. But a man in love will go to any lengths to win over the girl of his dreams, and if that means having to find imaginative ways of doing it over again every day, then Henry's up for the challenge.

Rob Schneider (Big Daddy) and Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) co-star in 50 FIRST DATES, which will win you over every time you watch it!

Monster House
| Year: 2006 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Young DJ always knew there was something strange about the old Nebbercracker house across the street. When the house becomes a living, breathing monster, DJ enlists his pals Chowder and Jenny to learn the secret that keeps the house alive. Suddenly, they find themselves in a hair-raising battle with an unstoppable entity and must save the neighborhood from total devastation. Robert Zemeckis (The Polar Express, Back To The Future)  and Steven Spielberg (ET, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones Trilogy)  present Monster House - the movie The New York Times A.O. Scott hails "... smartly written and a lot of fun."

Men in Black
| Year: 1997 | 98 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Men in Black follows the exploits of Agents K (Jones) and J (Smith), members of a top-secret organization established to monitor alien activity on Earth. The two MiB find themselves in the middle of a deadly plot by an intergalactic terrorist (Vincent D'Onofrio) who has arrived on Earth to assassinate two ambassadors from opposing galaxies. K and J face a simple imperative: track down the interloper or the Earth will be destroyed. It's all in a day's work for the Men in Black.

You Again
| Year: 2010 | 105 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

You Again, the nonstop laugh fest, is pure fun that features an all-star cast with comedy pedigrees — including Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver and the always outrageous Betty White. For Marnie (Bell), high school was a horror movie, and her brother's wedding is the sequel when her archrival comes back to haunt her as his bride. It's nice girl versus mean girl in this hysterical reunion with the one person Marnie would really like to forget. And if that weren't enough, Marnie's mom (Curtis) reunites with her own high school nemesis (Weaver). Complete with hilarious, never-before-seen bonus material, You Again is one crazy comedy that'll keep you laughing again and again.

Lost Boys: The Tribe
| Year: 2008 | 94 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Risking everything in search of the ultimate rush is fun when you know you can't die. Angus Sutherland, taking up where brother Kiefer left off in the original cult favorite, is the lead vampire in this modern reimagining of The Lost Boys. The seaside village of Luna Bay is rife with outcasts and plagued by an outbreak of missing persons. As the sun sets, the Tribe rises: a group of adrenalin-fueled, thrill-crazed vampires tears up the surf and the streets with nonstop action. But when a champion surfer (Tad Hilgenbrinck) and his sister (Autumn Reeser) move in, dark secrets erupt into hot-blooded passions and full-blooded fear. Helping fight the forces of hell: Corey Feldman in his signature role of vampire hunter Edgar Frog. Once you join the Tribe, there's no turning back.
Pete