Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61650 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2014, 11:37:59 AM »
While running a few errands yesterday I found myself in the local pawn shop that was having a big store-wide sale... so I was able to pick up some super-cheap Blu-ray discs. I got...

The Breakfast Club
| Year: 1985 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From writer/director John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, Weird Science), The Breakfast Club is an iconic portrait of 1980s American high school life. When Saturday detention started, they were simply the Jock, the Princess, the Brain, the Criminal and the Basket Case, but by that afternoon they had become closer than any of them could have imagined. Featuring an all-star '80s cast including Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, and Ally Sheerly, this warmhearted coming-of-age comedy helped define an entire generation!

Wanted
| Year: 2008 | 110 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Wesley's (James McAvoy) life is over – his pathetic, old one, anyway... Fortunately, it is all because of a girl. Enter sizzling-hot Fox (Angelina Jolie), who crashes into his life and introduces him to the Fraternity, a secret society of assassins, led by the enigmatic Sloan (Morgan Freeman). Seems Wes's long-lost father was killed while working for the Fraternity and Wes has been selected to target the rogue member who murdered him. But before he can complete his assignment, Wes must first uncover the dark secrets behind the Fraternity in order to determine his own destiny.

Rambo
| Year: 2008 | 92 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The ultimate American action hero returns - with a vengeance! After spending several years in Northern Thailand operating a longboat on the Salween River, John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) reluctantly agrees to carry a group of Christian missionaries into war-torn Burma. But when the aid workers are captured by ruthless Nationalist Army soldiers, Rambo leads a group of battle-scarred, combat-hardened mercenaries on an epic, last ditch mission to rescue the prisoners - at all costs.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse
| Year: 2004 | 94 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

After narrowly escaping the horrors of the underground Hive facility, Alice (Milla Jovovich) is quickly thrust back into a war raging above ground between the living and the Undead. It's a heart-pounding race against time as the group faces off against hordes of blood-thirsty zombies, stealthy Lickers, mutant canines and the most sinister foe yet.

Resident Evil: Afterlife
| Year: 2010 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

After a one-woman assault on the Umbrella Corporation's fortress, Alice's (Milla Jovovich) superhuman abilities are neutralized. Now, fleeing the Undead masses created by the T-virus, Alice reunites with Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) and her brother, Chris (Wentworth Miller). Together they take refuge with other survivors in an abandoned prison, where a savage zombie mob stands between them and the safety of "Arcadia." Escaping these bloodthirsty mutants will take an arsenal. But facing off with Albert Wesker and the Umbrella Corporation will take the fight for survival to a new level of danger.
Pete

kahless

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
This week:

Dexter - Season 8 [Blu ray]

RoboCop [Blu-ray]

Grudge Match [Blu ray]

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »
While out for my walk today I stopped by 2 stores that sells cheap discs... ended up coming home with...

Two and a Half Men: The Complete First Season
| Year: 2003 | 502 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Charlie Harper is a bachelor in paradise, complete with Malibu beach house, overpaid job and a very active dating life. Then his uptight brother Alan, in the throes of a divorce, moves in – and brings his 10-year-old son Jake with him. Sorry, Charlie. It looks like paradise lost.

This 4-disc set includes all 24 Season-One Episodes of the breezy comedy – the People's Choice Award winner as Favorite New Series – starring Charlie Sheen as Charlie and Jon Cryer as Alan. As the brother reestablish a sense of family, Charlie also bonds with Jake (Angus T. Jones). Holland Taylor is the guys' domineering mother, Marin Hinkle is Alan's icy ex and Melanie Lynskey is Rose, who thinks one date with Charlie means lifelong commitment. Meet the Harper men – two adults, one kid and no grown-ups.

Episodes:

1. Pilot
2. Big Flappy Bastards
3. Go East On Sunset Until You Reach the Gates of Hell
4. If I Can't Write My Chocolate Song, I'm Going to Take a Nap
5. Last Thing You Want Is to Wind Up with a Hump
6. Did You Check with the Captain of the Flying Monkeys?
7. If They Do Go Either Way, They're Usually Fake
8. Twenty-Five Little Pre-Pubers Without a Snootful
9. Phase One, Complete
10. Merry Thanksgiving
11. Alan Harper, Frontier Chiropractor
12. Camel Filters and Pheromones
13. Sarah Like Puny Alan
14. I Can't Afford Hyenas
15. Round One to the Hot Crazy Chick
16. That Was Saliva, Alan
17. Ate the Hamburgers, Wearing the Hats
18. An Old Flame with a New Wick
19. I Remember the Coat Room, I Just Don't Remember You
20. Hey, I Can Pee Outside in the Dark
21. No Sniffing, No Wowing
22. My Doctor Has a Cow Puppet
23. Just Like Buffalo
24. Can You Feel My Finger?

The Day the Earth Stood Still
| Year: 2008 | 104 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In this thrilling reinvention of the sci-fi classic, Keanu Reeves portrays Klaatu, an otherworldly being whose arrival on Earth triggers an unstoppable series of events that threaten all of mankind. When a woman (Jennifer Connelly) and her young stepson find themselves embroiled in the alien's plan, they become the world's only hope to stave off apocalyptic annihilation.

Bad Teacher
| Year: 2011 | 98 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Elizabeth Halsey (Cameron Diaz) is a foulmouthed, ruthless, and inappropriate teacher. She drinks, gets high, and can't wait to marry a meal ticket to get out of her bogus day job. When she's dump by her fiancé, she sets her sights on a rich, handsome substitute (Justin Timberlake) while shrugging off the advances of the school gym teacher (Jason Segel). The consequences of her wild and outrageous schemes give her students, co-workers, and even herself an education like no other!

Two and a Half Men: The Complete Second Season
| Year: 2004 | 512 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Welcome back to the Harpers' Malibu beach house, home to one of the funniest TV comedy hits in a long, long time. Bachelor Charlie is trying (but not very hard) to remember the name of the girl currently taking a shower upstairs. Alan, Charlie's tightly-wound, divorced brother is trying to figure out how he can get his ex-wife to remarry, so he can stop paying alimony. And Jake, Alan's 11-year-old son, is just trying to figure out what's for lunch and where's the TV remote. After a year of living together, the guys have figured out how two and a half men equal one family. Sort of. But there are plenty of hilarious rough spots along the way. And you'll share them all in this 4-disc collection that includes all 24 episodes of the series' smart and uproarious second season.

EPISODES:

1. Back Off, Mary Popins
2. Enjoy Those Garlic Balls
3. A Bag Full of Jawea
4. Go Get Mommy's Bra
5. Bad News from the Clinic?
6. The Price of Healthy Gums is Eternal Vigilance
7. A Kosher Slaughterhouse Out in Fontana
8. Frankenstein and the Horny Villagers
9. Yes, Monsignor
10. The Salmon Under My Sweater
11. Last Chance to See Those Tattoos
12. A Lungful of Alan
13. Zejdz Zmoich Wloslow (Get Off My Hair)
14. Those Big Pink Things with Coconut
15. Smell the Umbrella Stand
16. Can You Eat Human Flesh with Wooden Teeth?
17. Woo-Hoo, a Hernia Exam!
18. It Was "Mame," Mom
19. A Low, Guttural, Tongue-Flapping Noise
20. I Always Wanted a Shaved Monkey
21. A Sympathetic Crotch to Cry On
22. That Old Hose Bag Is My Mother
23. Squab, Squab, Squab, Squab, Squab
24. Does This Smell Funny to You?

The Prestige
| Year: 2006 | 130 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Scarlett Johansson are pure magic in The Prestige on Blu-ray Disc®. Dubbed "wildly entertaining" by Rolling Stone, this riveting tale is more astounding than ever in this dazzling new format.

Two young, passionate magicians are friends and partners until one fateful night when their biggest trick goes terribly wrong. Now the bitterest of enemies, they will stop at nothing – including deceit and sabotage – to learn each other's secrets. Experience their obsessive rivalry in eye-popping 1080p and resounding 5.1 48kHz, 24-bit uncompressed audio. But remember, nothing is what it seems, so be prepared to watch over and over again as Blu-ray™ High Definition teases and tantalizes your senses!

Every Magic Trick Has Three Acts:
The Pledge
— The promise to amaze
The Turn — The mind-bending illusion
The Prestige — The shocking climax

Freddy Vs. Jason
| Year: 2003 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

THE SLICER VERSUS THE SLASHER?
Two titans of terror going at it mano-a-machete? They're going to kill each other a lot! The horror (and wicked fun) begins when Freddy realizes he can't haunt dreams because folks no longer fear him. So he enlists Jason to do a little killing on his behalf on Elm Street. Presto, the fear is back — and so is Freddy. One problem: Jason isn't about to stop offing people. And another: Freddy isn't about to let Jason rule Elm Street. This means war. Freddy vs. Jason. Winner kills all.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »
Watch Out, We're Mad (1974)
(... altrimenti ci arrabbiamo!)

Jun 12th - €9.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1137

Rambo 1 - 3 (1982 - 1988)

Jun 14th - €19.99 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 1138 - 1140

Farscape: The Complete Series (1999 - 2003)

Jun 14th - €22.66 ($52.99) @ Amazon.com (paid partially via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12723 - 12742
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »
I had to work closing last night... which means I usually get home around 1am. When I got home this morning... found a nice surprise sitting on top my laptop...

Captain America: The First Avenger
| Year: 2011 | 124 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Captain America leads the fight for freedom in the action-packed blockbuster starring Chris Evans as the ultimate weapon against evil! When a terrifying force threatens everyone across the globe, the world's greatest soldier wages war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving, The Matrix). Critics and audiences alike salute Captain America: The First Avenger  as "pure excitement, pure action, and pure fun!"*

*Bryan Erdy, CBS-TV/Movie Planet

An upgrade... but my blu-ray collection grows even more.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »
While out on my walk today I picked up...

Zombieland
| Year: 2009 | 88 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Nerdy college student Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) has survived the plague that has turned mankind into flesh-devouring zombies because he's scared of just about everything. Gun-toting, Twinkie-loving Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) has no fears. Together, they are about to stare down their most horrifying challenge yet: each other's company. Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin co-star in this double-hitting, head-smashing comedy.

Paranormal Activity 4
| Year: 2012 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

All of the activity has led to this! When Katie disappeared with her nephew Hunter, there were no survivors. Five years later she's returned with a mysterious boy, ready to target new victims with her demonic rage. Now, a family's young daughter will capture every one of the terrifying occurrences, beginning with her new neighbors' arrival. It all leads to an "ending so intense, it will leave you shaking."*

*Billy Donnelly, AIN'T IT COOL NEWS

Red Dawn
| Year: 2012 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games), and Isabel Lucas (Immortals) deliver a full arsenal of pulse-pounding excitement in this explosive action-adventure! The unsuspecting citizens of Spokane, Washington, wake up one morning to the shocking sight of foreign paratroopers dropping from the sky in a surprise attack on the United States. Soon the entire city is under enemy control, but a group of courageous teenagers has decided to fight back, waging an all-out war against the invaders, to take back their town — and their freedom!

Love all the cheap places to pick up discs around here! But oh do I get myself in trouble sometimes :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2014, 06:51:45 AM »
Bomber (1982)

Jun 17th - €9.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1141

I'm for the Hippopotamus (1979)
(Io sto con gli ippopotami)

Jun 17th - €9.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1142
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »

The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition (Blu-Ray) 1989

American Hustle (Blu-Ray) 2013
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2014, 06:38:55 PM »
Not new purchases, but the integration of my fiance's DVD collection from the DVDs of hers, we decided to keep:

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Emma
Die Blechtrommel
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
A Midsummer Night's Dream
La marche de l'empereur
Dear John
Anna and the King
William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet
Speed
The Family Stone
Moulin Rouge!
Australia
La Tigre e la neve
Dirty Dancing
Twilight
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Eclipse
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Breaking Dawn: Part Two
An Officer and a Gentleman
Save the Last Dance
Staying Alive
Türkisch für Anfänger
The Switch
The Wedding Planner
Maid in Manhattan
50 First Dates
The Sweetest Thing
13 Going on 30
The Covenant
Charlie's Angels / Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle
Burlesque
Just Go with It
Over the Top
Personal Effects
Shaman King: Complete Season
Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de: Ajisai Yumegatari
Gekijouban Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de: Maihitoyo
Mine Vaganti
Far and Away
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
Bridget Jones's Diary
Schindler's List
Knocked Up
The Other Boleyn Girl
Couples Retreat
Pride & Prejudice
The Change-Up
Anna Karenina
Gossip Girl: The Complete First Season
The Time Traveler's Wife
Gossip Girl: The Complete Second Season
The Vampire Diaries
The Vampire Diaries: First Season
Life as we know it
Hall Pass
The Vampire Diaries: Season Two
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Third Season
We're the Millers
Vision of Escaflowne - Vision.1
Vision of Escaflowne - Vision.2
Vision of Escaflowne - Vision.3
Vision of Escaflowne - Vision.4
Vision of Escaflowne - Vision.5
Escaflowne: The Movie
The Bodyguard
Der Name der Rose
The Lake House
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Last Samurai
The Bucket List
Heartbreakers
The Mists of Avalon
Tsubasa Chronicle - Voyage 1
Tsubasa Chronicle - Voyage 2
Tsubasa Chronicle - Voyage 3
Tsubasa Chronicle: 1. Staffel
Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations
Tsubasa Chronicle - Voyage 4
Tsubasa Chronicle - Voyage 6
Ouran High School Host Club 1
Ouran High School Host Club 2
Ouran High School Host Club 3
Vanpaia naito
Vanpaia naito
Vanpaia naito
Vanpaia naito
L'Amant
La Boum 1 & 2
Grey's Anatomy: Season One
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Grey's Anatomy: Season Two Part One
Grey's Anatomy: Season Two Part Two
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pearl Harbor
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Grey's Anatomy: Season Three Part One
Grey's Anatomy: Season Three Part Two
Grey's Anatomy: Season Four Part One
Grey's Anatomy: Season Four Part Two
Pretty Woman
The Proposal
Grey's Anatomy: Season Five Part One
Grey's Anatomy: Season Five Part Two
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Intouchables
Doctor's Diary: Staffel 1
Doctor's Diary: Staffel 2
Türkisch für Anfänger: Staffel 1
Türkisch für Anfänger: Staffel 2
Türkisch für Anfänger: Staffel 3
Doctor's Diary: Staffel 3
Hanasakeru Seishonen
Ursache wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru
Angelique

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2014, 01:00:40 AM »
Not new purchases, but the integration of my fiance's DVD collection from the DVDs of hers
I suppose this means that you need either a bigger apartment or a bigger shelve.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2014, 10:48:32 AM »
Not new purchases, but the integration of my fiance's DVD collection from the DVDs of hers
I suppose this means that you need either a bigger apartment or a bigger shelve.

Currently I have most of my collection "in storage" at my brother's bachelor's den. I plan to get rid off some of my collection. Mainly stuff I know I won't ever watch again.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2014, 10:57:28 AM »
I plan to get rid off some of my collection. Mainly stuff I know I won't ever watch again.

That's not a reason to get rid of them.  :stars:
Karsten

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »
I plan to get rid off some of my collection. Mainly stuff I know I won't ever watch again.

I know. Until recently I thought so too. But now I don't have the space anymore  :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »

I know. Until recently I thought so too. But now I don't have the space anymore  :(

I bet if you clear out your fiancé's closet, there's enough space for them.

Priorities!   :readthis:
Karsten

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2014, 11:02:31 AM »

Circle closed ...  :laugh: