Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61644 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2014, 01:23:45 AM »
I am so jealous... I want that film to go with the TV series. I didn't even realize it was out already!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2014, 09:43:19 AM »
I got it last Sunday at Walmart.  $14.99 for the Blu-ray.  It has been out for about 2 weeks I think.  I would have tried to go see it in the theater, but it didn't come to the one here.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »
Guess I am on a bit of a Disney kick... after work last night I picked up 2 more combo packs...

G-Force
| Year: 2009 | 88 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Buckle up for a thrilling edge-of-your-seat action and laugh-out-loud fun in Disney's G-Force.  On Disney Blu-ray, this family comedy adventure is even more spectacular with theater-quality picture and sound.

Just as the G-Force – an elite team of highly trained guinea pigs – is about to save the world, the F.B.I. shuts the secret unit down.  But these next-generation action heroes – Darwin, loyal team leader; Blaster, weapons expert with attitude to spare; Juarez, drop-dead gorgeous martial arts diva; and tag-along Hurley – won't be stopped.  Armed with the latest in high-tech spy equipment, and with the F.B.I. on their tails, the fur flies as they race against the clock to save the world.  From the producer of the Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy and National Treasure, and filled with high-octane action, daredevil stunts, cutting-edge special effects and outrageous comedy, G-Force is fantastic fun for the whole family – especially in Blu-ray High Definition.

Spooky Buddies
| Year: 2011 | 88 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Disney's irresitible talking puppies are back in an all-new movie that takes them far across town to a mysterious mansion where something very spooky is going on.  With the help of some unexpected new friends - including a friendly ghost - this exciting adventure is howling-good Buddy fun.

In a race against a no-good hound, the Buddies and their new friends, Pip, Zelda, and Skip, must stop Warwick the Warlock - and save the world from his dastardly deeds.

Overflowing with action, humor, and a bag full of bonus features Spooky Buddies is a spooktacular adventure that treats you to a celebration of friendship and teamwork your whole family will enjoy.
Pete

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
Forgot to post at the beginning of the month, so here are my additions for April.

American Experience: The Way West: How the West Was Lost and Won 1845-1893

Attenborough's Life Stories

Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher

Betty Boop: The Essential Collection: Volume 1

Betty Boop: The Essential Collection: Volume 2

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season

Biltmore Estate: The Faces Behind the Dream

Black Book

Cassanova Brown

Celtic Woman: Believe Live

Chaplin

Chasing Shackleton

The Conjuring

Days of Heaven

Get Carter

Godzilla vs. Megalon

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

How to Get Ahead in Advertising

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and The Hunger Games

Looney Tunes Mouse Chronicles: The Chuck Jones Collection

The Loves of Carmen

The Mill & The Cross

NOVA: Great Cathedral Mystery

NOVA: Kingdom of the Seahorse

NOVA: Who Killed Lindbergh's Baby?

Pirates of the Caribbean: Four-Movie Collection

Prince Valiant

The Red Badge of Courage

The Sacrifice

Le Samourai

Sherlock: Season Three

Superman/Batman: Double Feature

The Thief of Bagdad

The Uninvited

Viridiana

Young Justice: Invasion: Game of Illusions
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
Today I came home with...

Charlie St. Cloud
| Year: 2010 | 99 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Zac Efron stars as Charlie St. Cloud, a small-town hero and an accomplished sailor who has it all: the adoration of his mother and younger brother, and a Stanford scholarship. His bright future is cut short when tragedy strikes, taking his dreams away. Now Charlie is torn between honoring a promise he made years ago or pursuing his newfound love with a former high-school classmate. Based on the acclaimed bestseller, comes a story of hope, second chances and the transformative power of love, also starring Ray Liotta and Academy Award® winner Kim Basinger.

Death Race
| Year: 2008 | 110 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Welcome to the Death Race, where hardened convicts and smoking-hot navigators race tricked-out cars in the most twisted spectator sport on Earth! Sentenced to the world's most dangerous prison for a murder he did not commit, Jensen Ames (Jason Statham) has only one chance to get out alive – win the ultimate race to the death. Also starring Tyrese Gibson, Death Race is a "supercharged, sick and satisfying" (Nathan Lee, The New York Times) ride that will keep you pinned to your seat all the way to its insane, metal-crushing end!

The Reef
| Year: 2007 | 78 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Grab your snorkel and swim on down to The Reef, a charming undersea adventure guaranteed to hook the entire family. When Pi, an orphaned fish escapes the fisherman's net to move in with his aunt on an exotic coral reef, he meets his true love, Cordelia. But before Pi can start his life with Cordelia, he must outsmart the bully tiger shark also determined to win her heart. Full of memorable characters and featuring the stellar voice talents of FREDDIE PRINZE, JR., EVAN RACHEL WOOD, ROB SCHNEIDER and FRAN DRESCHER, The Reef is a fun-filled voyage that will keep you giggling till you come up for air!

Jonah Hex
| Year: 2010 | 81 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Out of the pages of the legendary comic and graphic novels steps Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin), a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort. Jonah's past catches up with him when the U.S. military offers to wipe out the warrants on his head if he hunts and stops dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »
Danae Cassandra brought these to me tonight from trade in credits...

X-Men Trilogy
| Year: 2000 | 342 Min.

Experience the first three X-Men adventures like never before in this 9-disc collection. Each film includes two Blu-ray discs - featuring state-of-the-art picture and sound, and loaded with hours of special features - plus a third disc with a Digital Coy for portable media players. Unlock even more content with BD-LIVE by purchasing an advanced ticket to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine in theaters. Join the fight for mutant rights with this evolutionary next step in action entertainment!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
| Year: 2009 | 107 Min.

You'll go "berserker" for this pulse-pounding action thriller that sinks razor-sharp adamantium claws into the mysterious origins of Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman). Discover his epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed/Sabretooth (Liev Schrieber), his encounters with new, legendary X-Men, and the ominous Weapon X program that unleashes his primal fury!

X-Men: First Class
| Year: 2011 | 132 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Witness the beginning of the X-Men Universe on Blu-ray! X-Men: First Class is the thrilling, eye-opening chapter you've been waiting for...packed with exclusive Blu-ray special features, including the Cerebro Interactive Mutant Tracker, Enhanced Viewing Mode, Behind-the-Scenes Production Videos, Deleted & Extended Scenes and more!
Pete

kahless

« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »
Currently I don't purchase so many movies as the years before. The reason is that I'm using Amazon Prime streaming and recordings from Pay-TV. And for financial reasons: I have reduced my weekly worktime to 4 days what means a little less payment but a better work-life balance!  :yahoo:

Anyway, I could not resist to buy:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [blu ray]

12 Years a Slave [Blu-ray]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:53:37 PM by kahless »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
Today I got...

Castle: The Complete Second Season
| Year: 2009 | 1024 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

TV's most engaging and unlikely crime-solving duo is back in the spectacular second seasonof ABC's Castle. The banter flies faster than the bullets in this unique series, loaded with drama, romance and laughs.

Best-selling mystery novelist Rick Castle's unique approach to crime solving may have won over Detective Kate Beckett, but their relationship is still on rocky ground. Relive all your favorite cases in this 5-disc DVD set. Packed with never-before-seen bonus features, including inside secrets from the set, this collection is a must-have for every Castle fan!

Episodes:
1. Deep In Death
2. The Double Down
3. Inventing The Girl
4. Fool Me Once...
5. When the Bough Breaks
6. Vampire Weekend
7. Famous Last Words
8. Kill The Messenger
9. Love Me Dead
10. One Man’s Treasure
11. The Fifth Bullet
12. A Rose For Everafter
13. Sucker Punch
14. The Third Man
15. The Suicide Squeeze
16. The Mistress Always Spanks Twice
17. Tick, Tick, Tick...
18. Boom!
19. Wrapped Up In Death
20. The Late Shift
Pete

W0m6at

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »
Extra cash in my pocket after having a garage sale (incl. culling ~20% off my collection). Not everything sold, but my wife is selling some stuff online, so I'll hopefully also have a bit more spending money trickling in over the next couple of weeks.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »
A couple more upgrades...

Knocked Up
| Year: 2007 | 133 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The writer and director of The 40-Year-Old Virgin delivers another hilarious hit comedy! They say that opposites attract. Well, for slacker Ben (Seth Rogen) and career girl Alison (Katherine Heigl), that’s certainly the case – at least for one intoxicating evening. Two months and several pregnancy tests later, Ben and Alison go through a hysterically funny, anxious and heartwarming journey that leads to huge laughs in the most outrageous comedy of the year!

Batman Begins
| Year: 2005 | 140 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Acclaimed director Christopher Nolan explores the origins of the legendary Dark Knight. After his parents' murders, disillusioned heir Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice. With the help of his trusted butler Alfred (Michael Caine), detective Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and his ally Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), Wayne returns to Gotham and unleashes his alter-ego: Batman, a masked crusader who uses strength, intellect and high-tech weaponry to fight evil.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »
Ordered this a few days ago from Amazon Marketplace (new and sealed copy).

Veronica Mars
| Year: 2014 | 108 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Years after walking away from her past as a teenage private eye, Veronica Mars get pulled back to her hometown, an ex-boyfriend with baggage and an unraveling murder mystery.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
Last night I got...

The Heat
| Year: 2013 | 117 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Oscar® Winner Sandra Bullock* and Oscar® Nominee Melissa McCarthy** are a "dynamic duo" (George Pennacchio, KABC-TV) in this outrageously funny comedy from the director of Bridesmaids, Paul Feig. Uptight FBI special agent Sarah Ashburn (Bullock) and foul-mouthed Boston cop Shannon Mullins (McCarthy) couldn't be more incompatible. But when they join forces to bring down a ruthless drug lord, they become the last thing anyone expected...buddies.

*Actress, The Blind Side, 2009   **Supporting Actress, Bridesmaids, 2011

Evil Dead
| Year: 2013 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

A secluded cabin. An ancient curse. An unrelenting evil. The original producers reunite to present a genuinely terrifying re-imagining of their original horror masterpiece. Five young friends have found the mysterious and fiercely powerful Book of the Dead. Unable to resist its temptation, they release a violent demon on a bloodthirsty quest to possess them all. Who will be left to fight for their survival and defeat this unearthly force of murderous carnage?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
Ordered this a few days ago from Amazon Marketplace (new and sealed copy).

Veronica Mars
| Year: 2014 | 108 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Years after walking away from her past as a teenage private eye, Veronica Mars get pulled back to her hometown, an ex-boyfriend with baggage and an unraveling murder mystery.

I just went to the mailbox... and what do I find...my copy of The Veronica Mars Movie. It arrived a good day or two earlier then I was expecting. And not only that... I ordered a NEW Blu-ray (only) copy from an Amazon Marketplace seller... and what does he send me? The Blu-ray DVD Combo pack. So I got the combo pack for less then $10! Really wasn't expecting that! Bonus!  :thumbup:

Pete

kahless

« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
Latest arrivals:

The Physician [Blu-ray] (amazon.de 14,99 EUR)

Spartacus: War of the Damned [Blu-ray] (amazon.es 31,22 EUR)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »

Spartacus: War of the Damned [Blu-ray] (amazon.es 31,22 EUR)

(click to show/hide)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools