Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61625 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »
Friends: The Complete Series (1994 - 2004)

May 2nd - €53.20 (CA$84.99) @ Amazon.ca (paid partially via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12686 - 12705

But I'm a bit disappointed. It's really my fault because I didn't check this beforehand (I just didn't expect it): It's only the broadcast version. As someone who knows the key episodes in their extended version basically by heart, it's like an audio CD with a few scratches and the music suddenly jumps in the middle of the track.

I bet they pull a Lucas and in a few months / years there will be a Blu-ray Extended Edition...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:12:21 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2014, 07:09:41 PM »

Escape Plan (Blu-Ray) 2013

Have you watched it? How is it?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
Took a nice long walk today... went into multiple stores. This really not a good thing for my wallet... but my collection continues to grow. Though I may have over-done it a bit today. Thankfully they were all cheap! :P

MacGruber
| Year: 2010 | 95 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Only one operative has been awarded 16 purple hearts, and only one guy is man enough to still sport a mullet.

In the 10 years since his fiancée was killed, special op MacGruber has sworn off a life of fighting crime with his bare hands. But when he learns his country needs him to find a nuclear warhead that's been stolen by his sworn enemy, Dieter VonCunth (Val Kilmer), MacGruber teams up with his trusty sidekick (SNL's breakout star Kristen Wiig) and an uptight lieutenant (Ryan Phillippe) to get the job done. The trio sets out on a rampage of utter destruction in this action comedy that's so over-the-top, it "makes The Hangover look like Beaches" (Mike Sampson, JoBlo.com)!

Red
| Year: 2010 | 111 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Frank (Willis) is a former black-ops CIA agent living a quiet life alone... until the day a hit squad shows up to kill him. With his identity compromised, Frank reassembles his old team Joe (Freeman), Marvin (Malkovich) and Victoria (Mirren) and sets out to prove that they still have a few tricks up their sleeves. Stand back and watch the bullets fly in this explosive action-comedy that critics call "A rip-roaring good time". (Kevin Steincross, Fox-TV).

Land of the Dead
| Year: 2005 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Packed with more heart-pounding and blood-curdling thrills than any theater could show, this special Unrated Director's Cut unleashes the ultimate vision of George A. Romero's latest living-dead shock-fest! Starring Simon Baker, Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo, Land of the Dead finds humanity's last remnants battling to survive the unspeakable truth: The ravenous zombie hordes besieging their fortified city...are evolving!

Love Happens
| Year: 2009 | 109 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart star in the romantic drama Love Happens.  When self-help author Dr. Burke Ryan (Eckhart) arrives in Seattle to teach a sold-out seminar, he unexpectedly meets florist Eloise Chandler (Aniston), the one person who might be able to help him help himself.  But will two people who may have met the right person at exactly the wrong time be able to give love a chance?  If they can, they'll find that sometimes, when you at least expect it... love happens.

Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol
| Year: 2011 | 133 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

No plan. No backup. No choice. Agent Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his elite team (Jeremy RennerThe Avengers and Simon PeggStar Trek) go underground after a bombing of the Kremlin implicates the IMF as international terrorists. While trying to clear the agency's name, the team uncovers a plot to start a nuclear war. Now, to save the world, they must use every high-tech trick in the book. The mission has never been more real, more dangerous or more impossible.

Children of the Corn: Genesis
| Year: 2011 | 81 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

GENESIS IS THE CHILLING NEXT CHAPTER in the ever-popular horror series based on the classic Stephen King story. When a stranded young couple seeks refuge in a remote desert compound, they encounter a strange, Manson-like figure known as Preacher (Billy Drago, The Untouchables). He reluctantly allows them inside with orders to be gone by morning. While investigating faint screams coming from a dilapidated shed, the couple discover they have stumbled upon a bizzarre cult worshipping an entity that may -- or may not -- dwell inside a haunted little boy.

Space Warriors
| Year: 2013 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Young whiz kid Jimmy's (Thomas Horn) dreams come true when he gets an invitation to space camp, though he tricks his parents (Dermot Mulroney and Mira Sorvino) in order to attend. While there he gets a chance to compete with other brainiacs under the tutelage of former astronaut, Captain Buck Manley (Josh Lucas). Jimmy and his team of genius misfits are on the fast track to winning the highest honors when Jimmy's parents find out the truth and pull him out of camp. It's only when NASA's Commander Phillips (Danny Glover) needs a fast solution to a real-life disaster that Jimmy gets a chance to redeem himself. But will he be able to keep his cool under immense pressure?
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »

Escape Plan (Blu-Ray) 2013

Have you watched it? How is it?

I watched it yes, i really enjoyed it. You should check it out! Recommanded! Wrote a review about it aswell =)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:02:43 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2014, 04:39:42 PM »
Cottage Country (2013)

May 3rd - €7.99 @ Drogerie Müller

Collection no. 1114

You Again (2010)

Collection no. 1115

Pretty Woman (1990)

Collection no. 1116

The Proposal (2009)

Collection no. 1117

Bullet to the Head (2012)

Collection no. 1118
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »
Over the last few days I have gotten...

The Original Nancy Drew Movie Mystery Collection
| Year: 1938 | 263 Min.

In 1930, teen detective Nancy Drew debuted in print, captivating girls everwhere.  In 1938, she came to the screen in the first of four films with Bonita Granville, whose Nancy is "brainy, feisty, resourceful and full of energy" (Leonard Maltin's Classic Movie Guide) – in short, exactly right.  Sleuth with Nancy as she seeks a missing heiress (Nancy Drew Detective), investigates a poisoning (Nancy Drew – Reporter), clears a family friend accused of murder (Nancy Drew – Trouble Shooter) and faces death in a secret tunnel (Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase).  Whether you're revisiting Nancy or first met her in 2007's new Nancy Drew movie, we invite you to enjoy mystery and fun that moves like a speedy blue roadster!

Boston Legal: Season One
| Year: 2004 | 739 Min.

FROM DAVID E. KELLEY, the creative mastermind behind Ally McBeal, Picket Fences and The Practice, comes one of the hottest and most innovative new shows in recent years. Featuring Emmy® Award-winning cast members James Spader, Candice Bergen and William Shatner, 'Boston Legal' takes a fast-paced and wildly comedic look at the personal and professional lives of the high-priced attorneys at the law firm of Crane Poole & Schmidt. Court is now in session and the jury is in: Season One of Boston Legal is cutting-edge television at its finest!

Episodes:
1. Head Cases
2. Still Crazy After All These Years
3. Catch and Release
4. Change of Course
5. An Eye for an Eye
6. Truth Be Told
7. Questionable Characters
8. Loose Lips
9. A Greater Good
10. Hired Guns
11. Schmidt Happens
12. From Whence We Came
13. It Girls and Beyond
14. 'Til We Meat Again
15. Tortured Souls
16. Let Sales Ring
17. Death Be Not Proud

The Bucket List
| Year: 2007 | 97 Min.

You only live once, so why not go out in style? That's what two cancer-ward roommates, an irascible billionaire (Jack Nicholson) and a scholarly mechanic (Morgan Freeman), decide when they get the bad news. They compose a bucket list – things to do before you kick the bucket – and head off for the around-the-world adventure of their lives. Sky-dive? Check. Power a Shelby Mustang around a racetrack? Check. Gaze at the Great Pyramid of Khufu? Check. Discover the joy in their lives before it's too late? Check! Under the nimble direction of Rob Reiner, the two great stars provide the heart and soul, wit and wiles of this inspired salute to life that proves that the best time of all is right now.

Iron Man
| Year: 2008 | 126 Min.

Lift off with high-speed, high-flying action in this Ultimate 2-disc Edition that takes you inside the suit of Marvel's invincible Super Hero for the ultimate Iron Man experience!

After surviving an unexpected attack in enemy territory, jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark builds a high-tech suit of armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.  Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, Iron Man is a hero who is built – not born – to be unlike any other!

4 Film Favorites: Family Comedies
| Year: 1994 | 480 Min.

- The Adventures of Pinocchio
- The Little Vampire
- Son of the Mask
- Monkey Business

Return to Nim's Island
| Year: 2013 | 90 Min.

The writer and producer of the smash hit NIM'S ISLAND bring you the much anticipated sequel, RETURN TO NIM'S ISLAND!

In RETURN TO NIM'S ISLAND, Nim is the precocious daughter of scientist father Jack. Nim, a bit older now, still has a gift to be "one with nature" and her amazing animal friends. But now that developers and poachers threaten her island, she and her dad must fight to preserve their pristine home and its abundant wildlife.

Rest Stop: Don't Look Back
| Year: 2008 | 89 Min.

One year ago, the mysterious Rest Stop killer drilled, ripped and splattered young road trippers Jesse and Nicole.

Now three more unsuspecting travelers come looking for the missing duo. And that means the killer gets to sharpen his horrific torture skills all over again – only bloodier and scarier than before. He's not alone, either. The Winnebago full of creepy living corpses is also back, roaming the old highway. And Jesse and Nicole's brutalized ghosts seek revenge, determined to give as gory as they got. Watch if you dare. But whatever you do, Don't Look Back!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2014, 03:42:42 AM »
North by Northwest
| Year: 1959 | 136 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Cary Grant teams with director Alfred Hitchcock for the fourth and final time in this superlative espionage caper judged one of the American Film Institute's Top-100 American Films and spruced up with a new digital transfer and remixed Dolby Digital Stereo. He plays a Manhattan advertising executive plunged into a realm of spy (James Mason) and counterspy (Eva Marie Saint) and variously abducted, framed for murder, chased and in another signature set piece, crop-dusted. He also holds on for dear life from the facial features of the Presidents on Mount Rushmore (backlot sets were used). But don't expect the Master of Suspense to leave star or audience hanging.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2014, 10:33:05 PM »
Part 2 is an upgrade... part 3 is new to my collection...

Iron Man 2
| Year: 2010 | 124 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Robert Downey Jr. returns as billionaire Tony Stark in this thrilling sequel to the worldwide blockbuster. Now that his superhero secret has been revealed, Tony's life is more intense than ever. Everyone wants in on the Iron Man technology, whether for power or profit...but for Ivan Vanko ("Whiplash"), it's revenge! Tony must once again suit up and face his most dangerous enemy yet, but not without a few new allies of his own. Co-starring Mickey Rourke, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson, Iron Man 2 is "Spectacular!"

Iron Man 3
| Year: 2013 | 131 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The studio that brought you Marvel's The Avengers unleashes the best Iron Man adventure yet with this must-own, global phenomenon starring Robert Downey Jr.

When Tony Stark/Iron Man finds his entire world reduced to rubble, he must use all his ingenuity to survive, destory his enemy and somehow protect those he loves. But a soul-searching question haunts him: Does the man make the suit... or does the suit make the man? Featuring spectacular special effects, Marvel's Iron Man 3 explodes with exclusive Blu-ray content, including a Gag Reel, deleted scenes, a never-before-seen Marvel short film and a first-of-its-kind, interactive Second Screen Experience app hosted by JARVIS!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2014, 12:13:46 AM »
Look what I got my greedy hands on today!....

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology
| Year: 1978 | 906 Min.

Disc #1
· Superman: The Movie, Original Theatrical
· Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler (Original Theatrical Version)
· The Making of Superman: The Movie [1978 TV special]
· Superman and the Mole-Men [1951 feature]
· Warner Bros. Cartoons
Super-Rabbit [1943 WB cartoon]
Snafuperman [1944 WB cartoon]
Stupor Duck [1956 WB cartoon]
· Trailers

Disc #2
· Superman: The Movie, Expanded Edition
· Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz (Extended Version)
· Taking Flight: The Development of Superman
· Making Superman: Filming the Legend
· The Magic Behind the Cape
· Screen Tests
Superman
Lois Lane with Optional Commentary
Ursa
· A Selection of Restored Scenes
· Additional Music Cues
Main Titles
Alternate Main Titles
The Council’s Decision
The Krypton Quake
More Mugger/Introducing Otis
Air Force One
Can You Read My Mind (Pop Version)
· Music Only Track (Donner Cut)

Disc #3
· Superman II, Original Theatrical
· Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler (Original Theatrical Version)
· The Making of Superman II [1980 TV special]
· Deleted Scene
· First Flight: The Fleischer Superman Series
· Fleischer Studios’ Superman
Superman
The Mechanical Monsters
Billion Dollar Limited
The Arctic Giant
The Bulleteers
The Magnetic Telescope
Electric Earthquake
Volcano
Terror on the Midway
· Theatrical Trailer

Disc #4
· Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut
· Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz (Donner Cut)
· Introduction by Richard Donner
· Superman II: Restoring the Vision
· Deleted Scenes
· Famous Studios’ Superman
Japoteurs
Showdown
Eleventh Hour
Destruction, Inc
The Mummy Strikes
Jungle Drums
The Underground World
Secret Agent

Disc #5
· Superman III Theatrical Version
· Commentary by Iilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
· The Making of Superman III (1983 TV Special)
· Deleted Scenes
· Theatrical Trailer

Disc #6
· Superman IV The Quest For Peace Theatrical Version
· Commentary by Mark Rosenthal
· Superman 50th Anniversary Special (1988 TV Special)
· Deleted Scenes
· Theatrical Trailer

Disc #7
· Superman Returns
· Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns
Pt. 1 Secret Origins and First Issues: Crystallizing Superman
Pt. 2 The Crystal Method: Designing Superman
Pt. 3 An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman- Superman on the Farm
Pt. 4 An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman- Superman in the City
Pt. 5 An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman- Superman in Peril
Pt. 6 The Joy of Lex: Menacing Superman
Pt. 7 He’s Always Around: Wrapping Superman
· Resurrecting Jor-El
· Deleted Scenes including the never-before-seen original opening to Superman Returns
· Bryan Singer’s Journals – Video production journals
· Trailers

Disc #8 Additional Bonus Material
· Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman [Hi-Def]
· You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman
Pt. 1- Origin
Pt. 2- Vision
Pt. 3- Ascent
Pt. 4- Crisis
Pt. 5- Redemption
· The Science of Superman [Hi-Def]
· The Mythology of Superman
· The Heart of a Hero: A Tribute to Christopher Reeve
· The Adventures of Superpup [1958 TV pilot]
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2014, 05:45:02 AM »
Nice.  I have that set on DVD.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
I double dipped on this set. Well worth it!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2014, 06:58:50 PM »
It does look like a great set... watching the first film now.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »
Last night I got...

21 Jump Street
| Year: 2012 | 110 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Former high school foes turned rookie cop partners can't catch a break – until they're assigned to pose as students and bust a drug ring inside their old alma mater.  Living like teenagers again, they slip back into their adolescent selves and risk the case – and their friendship – with hysterically disastrous results!  Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum and Ice Cube star in this outrageously hilarious action-comedy!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »
This morning I got...

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
| Year: 2008 | 118 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Peter (Jason Segal) is a struggling musician who finds his world turned upside down when his TV celebrity girlfriend, Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell), dumps him for a tragically hip rock star. It's the hysterically funny look at how far one man will go to forget a girl — and all the fun he finds along the way!

Race to Witch Mountain
| Year: 2009 | 98 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Enjoy the ultimate Race To Witch Mountain experience anytime, anywhere with this Blu-ray™ and DVD Combo Pack. On Blu-ray, Disney's fun family action-adventure is turbocharged with spectacular picture and sound.

Fasten your seat belts for the thrill ride of your life in Disney's Race To Witch Mountain, starring Dwayne Johnson. Jack Bruno (Johnson), a Las Vegas cabdriver struggling to stay on the right path, gets an out-of-this-world incentive when two aliens, disguised as teenagers, suddenly appear in his taxi. In a race against government agents, an alien hunter and time itself, Jack must help the children recover their lost spaceship so they can return home and save their planet and ours. Breathtaking chases, close calls and special effects make this an action-adventure the whole family will enjoy – especially in Blu-ray High Definition.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »
Veronica Mars (2014)

May 15th - €0.00 ($14.99) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 1119
Karsten