Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61642 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2014, 12:19:44 AM »
Today I got a Chloë Grace Moretz double feature...

Kick-Ass 2
| Year: 2013 | 103 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Self-made superhero Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and sweet-faced, foul-mouthed assassin Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) try to return to life as "normal" teenagers, but soon they are faced with their deadliest challenge yet. To seek revenge for his father's death, Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) has re-invented himself as the leader of an evil league of super-villains. To defeat their new nemesis, Kick-Ass and Hit Girl must team up with a new wave of masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), in this battle of real-life villains and heroes.

Carrie
| Year: 2013 | 92 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Chloë Grace Moretz and OSCAR® Nominee Julianne Moore* star in this exhilarating reimagining of Stephen King's iconic best seller. After merciless taunting from classmates and abuse at the hand of her religious fanatic mother (Moore), Carrie's (Moretz) anger – and her telekinetic powers – are unleashed. And when a prom prank goes horribly wrong, events spiral out of control until the terrifying conclusion of this powerful, pulse-quickening horror story.

*Actress: 2002, Far From Heaven; 1999, The End of the Affair.
Supporting Actress: 2002, The Hours; 1997, Boogie Nights.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2014, 11:15:01 PM »
Deadwood: The Complete Series (2004 - 2006)

Apr 1st - €27.31 (£19.84) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 12668 - 12679
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:24:26 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:38 AM »
Here are the additions to my collection for March:

12 Years a Slave

American Hustle

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete First Season

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Second Season

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season

Big History

Brush With Fate

The Cigarette Girl of Mosselprom

Citizen Kane (70th Anniversary)

The Complete Monterey Pop Festival

Die Another Day

Dr. No

Frozen

Gaumont Treasures Vol. 2

Goldeneye

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Green Lantern: First Flight

The Hit

In Cold Blood

Le jour se leve

The Legend of the Shadowless Sword

The Lost Valentine

The Man in the Iron Mask

Pictures of Hollis Woods

Point Blank

Rosetta

A Serious Man

Thor: The Dark World

Thunderball

Tomorrow Never Dies

Wadjda

The Water is Wide

The Whip and the Body

Wholphin No. 1

The Wicker Man

Wizards

X-Men and The Wolverine Collection

Young Justice: Invasion: Destiny Calling
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2014, 08:24:39 PM »
Chicago Fire: Season 1 (2012 - 2013)

Apr 2nd - €21.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 12680 - 12685
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2014, 05:37:22 AM »
Yeah .. Wicker Man with Edward Woodward and Wizards.  Both great films
Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:44 AM »
Today I got...

Frank Miller's Sin City
| Year: 2005 | 147 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

If ever a movie was meant to be experienced in high definition, Frank Miller's Sin City is guilty on all counts! A groundbreaking masterpiece of mayhem, Sin City roars to life with both barrels blazing in this Blu-ray Disc™ set that includes the restored theatrical feature and the Recut, Extended, Unrated Release. This jam-packed 2-disc powerhouse explodes with all-new bonus including Kill 'Em Good Interactive Comic Book and Cine-Explore, a behind-the-scenes picture-within-a-picture commentary.

Robert Rodriguez (Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn), Frank Miller (The Spirit) and Quentin Tarantino (Kill Bill 1 and 2, Pulp Fiction) direct an amazing cast of big-screen favorites (Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen, Brittany Murphy, Benicio Del Toro, Rosario Dawson and more!) in this acclaimed and visually stunning hit that's straight from the pages of Miller's hip series of "Sin City" graphic novels.

Strap yourself in as a staggering sensory onslaught hits you right where you live. From the stylized, razor-sharp clarity of the unique, high definition visuals to the throbbing, phenomenally intense sounds of bullets spraying and bones crunching, this awesome, mind-bending excursion into a sexy, twisted funhouse of cops, killers, hookers and hit men will tease, tantalize and thrill you as never before in Blu-ray™ High Definition.

Spider-Man
| Year: 2002 | 121 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From Columbia Pictures Presents, A Marvel Enterprises/Laura Ziskin Production, Spider-Man is a live-action feature of one of the world's most popular comic book superheroes. Directed by Sam Raimi, Spider-Man centers on student Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) who, after being bitten by a genetically-altered spider, gains superhuman strength and the spider-like ability to cling to any surface. He vows to use his abilities to fight crime, coming to understand the words of his beloved Uncle Ben: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Spider-Man 2
| Year: 2004 | 136 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Two years have passed since the mild-mannered Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) walked away from his longtime love Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst) and decided to take the road to responsibility as Spider-Man. Peter must face new challenges as he struggles to cope with "the gift and the curse" of his powers while balancing his dual identities as the elusive superhero Spider-Man and life as a college student. The relationships Peter holds most dear are now in danger of unraveling as he clashes with the powerful, multi-tentacled villain Doctor Octopus aka "Doc Ock" (Alfred Molina).

I never seen Frank Miller's Sin City... hope I am not disappointed!
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »

I never seen Frank Miller's Sin City... hope I am not disappointed!

Don't see how this could be possible.
It is a great piece of film and highly enjoyable.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:47:09 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
Great visuals with a good story line and lots of Murder, Death Kill
Thank you
David

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
[tom]5051890152329.5f.jpg[/tom] True Blood: Season Five (€21.97/$29.64/£18.59/Amazon.de)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »
While out and about today... I found myself in not one... but 2 places that sells used DVDs... and... well... I AM WEAK!  :P

Came out with...

Spider-Man 3
| Year: 2007 | 139 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) finally has the girl of his dreams, Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), and New York City is in the throes of Spider-mania! But when a strange alien symbiote turns Spider-Man's suit black, his darkest demons come to light - changing Spider-Man inside as well as out. Spider-Man is in for the fight of his life against a lethal mix of villains - the deadly Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Venom (Topher Grace), and the New Goblin (James Franco) - as well as the enemy within himself.

Legion
| Year: 2010 | 100 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

At a remote desert truck stop, the fate of the world will be decided. Evil's armies are amassing. Armed and united by the Archangel Michael (Paul Bettany, The Da Vinci Code, Iron Man 2), a group of strangers become unwitting soldiers on the frontlines of the Apocalypse. Their mission: protect a waitress and her sacred unborn child from the relentless, bloody siege of the demonic legion. Also starring Dennis Quaid (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Vantage Point), Tyrese Gibson (Transformers) and Lucas Black (Jarhead).

Priest
| Year: 2011 | 87 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In a post-apocalyptic world, a savage war between man and vampire has raged for centuries. A warrior priest (Paul Bettany) receives word of fresh attacks, but now it's personal: his niece has been kidnapped by a new hive of merciless vampires. To save her, he must break his vow of peace and hunt down the hive before it's too late. Based on the acclaimed graphic novel and packed with bloodthirsty action, this full throttle crusade takes you on the hunt for a deadly new breed of killer.

The Lost Boys
| Year: 1987 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Sam and his older brother Michael are average, everyday teens. But after they move with their mother to peaceful Santa Clara, California, things mysteriously begin to change. Michael's not himself lately.  And Mom's not going to like what he's turning into.

The Lost Boys reshapes vampire tradition, deftly mixing heart-pounding terror, rib-tickling laughs and a body-gyrating rock soundtrack. Under Joel Schumacher's direction, a marvelous cast – Jason Patric, Jami Gertz, Kiefer Sutherland, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Barnard Hughes, Edward Herrmann and Dianne Wiest – stakes you to gleefully ghoulish entertainment.

Green Lantern
| Year: 2011 | 124 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Experience the action as it was meant to be seen as Green Lantern takes flight in full HD! In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, an elite force of protectors for peace and justice has existed centuries. They are the GREEN LANTERN CORPS. When a new enemy called PARALLAX threatens to destroy the universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of the Corps' newest recruit, the first human ever selected: HAL JORDAN (Ryan Reynolds).
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2014, 12:22:36 AM »
While out and about today... I found myself in not one... but 2 places that sells used DVDs... and... well... I AM WEAK!  :P

If you continue purchasing at this rate you will soon either need to ask for a significant raise, or look for a second job.
The second option would have the advantage that it limits your time for purchases.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2014, 06:56:35 AM »
Tell me about it... and Danae Cassandra works at a place that does trades and such... and she came home with this one for me...

Big
| Year: 1988 | 130 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Tom Hanks recieved his first Best Actor Oscar® Nomination in 1988 for his captivating performance in this "hilarious" (Newsweek), "disarming" (The Washington Post) and timeless film for dreamers of all ages. All twelve-year-old Josh Baskin (Hanks) wants is to be big. But when his wish is granted beyond his wildest dreams, Josh finds a new face in the mirror...his own, at age 30. Now, aided only by his boisterous best friend, he'll have to keep the secret of his true age as he tries to fill his own oversized shoes. But as his innocent charms help him rise to the top of the adult world, Josh will face the biggest decision of his life — return to his own age, or remain big forever.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2014, 10:17:04 PM »

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (Blu-Ray) 2010

Playback (Blu-Ray) 2012

Revolutionary Road (Blu-Ray) 2008
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
Last night I got a couple more upgrades...

Fantastic 4
| Year: 2005 | 106 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

After exposure to cosmic radiation, four astronauts become the most remarkable, if dysfunctional, superheroes of all time. Unfortunately, the mission's sponsor has also been transformed – into the world's most lethal super-villain – setting the stage for a confrontation of epic proportions.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
| Year: 2007 | 92 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The long-awaited wedding of Sue Storm and Reed Richards is crashed by a mysterious alien—the Silver Surfer—who races around the globe, wreaking havoc as he heralds the impending destruction of Earth. With time running out, the Fantastic Four reluctantly teams up with the nefarious Dr. Doom in a super-powered effort to save our planet!
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2014, 11:58:56 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

This is the End

Suits: Season 1