Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61632 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2014, 07:33:49 AM »
SpaceCamp
| Year: 1986 | 107 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Zero gravity meets zero fear in this cosmic comedy-adventure about a summer camp where regular kids check in...and real astronauts check out! Starring Kate Capshaw, Lea Thompson, Kelly Preston, Larry B. Scott, Leaf Phoenix and Tate Donovan, SpaceCamp is a wild and wonderful thrill-ride packed with "special effects...spectacular moments" (Film Journal) and a "gripping climax" (Time Out Film Guide) that's out of this world!

For five typical teens, NASA's space camp promises to be a fun way to blow off the summer. But when a space shuttle exercise misfires, they find themselves launched into orbit, facing the adventure of a lifetime. Now, the only way back to Earth is to take command of the ship and control of their destinies, before time – and oxygen – runs out!

Groundhog Day
| Year: 1993 | 101 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Bill Murray is at his wry, wisecracking best in this riotous romantic comedy about a weatherman caught in a personal time warp on the worst day of his life. Teamed with a relentlessly cheerful producer (Andie MacDowell) and a smart-aleck cameraman (Chris Elliott), TV weatherman Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is sent to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to cover the annual Groundhog Day festivities. But on his way out of town, Phil is caught in a giant blizzard, which he failed to predict, and finds himself stuck in small-town hell.  Just when things couldn't get worse, they get worse; Phil wakes the next morning to find it's Groundhog Day all over again... and again... and again.

Arrow: The Complete First Season
| Year: 2012 | 972 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Justice hits its mark! Based on the DC Comics series, Arrow reinvents the edgy and iconic character for today's audiences in the year's most thrill-packed and visually stunning action series. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen comes home with a mysterious agenda and lethal new skills to fight crime in Starling City. Wearing the dark hood of a "vigilante" archer, Oliver's fiercely determined to right the wrongs of his father and thwart those who've corrupted his city. But his crusade is complicated by his own family's dark secrets, a best friend's unwitting ties to evil, and the woman he loves but betrayed in his earlier life, and the woman he loves but betrayed in his earlier life. From Oliver's harrowing island ordeals to Arrow's breathtaking urban stealth warfare, this 5-disc, 23-episode Season One is a heroic adventure delivered dead center!
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »
Arrivals of the week:

To Catch a Thief

Nosferatu - Eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922)

Gambit (2012)

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Gravity (As Amazon Flash-Offer for € 9,97!)

Rogmeister

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »

Received Gravity on Blu yesterday...not a 3D version, though.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2014, 12:21:37 AM »
While out walking yesterday I found a new place to buy used DVDs and Blu-ray discs. Came home with...

Sorority Row
| Year: 2009 | 101 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

It's all fun and games until someone gets stabbed with a tire iron.

When a pledge week prank goes terribly wrong and one of their own is killed, the popular, hard-partying sisters of Theta Pi vow never to speak of the tragedy again. But the past comes back to haunt them in the form of a homicidal maniac seeking revenge during the out-of-control graduation festivities.

6 Family Films
| Year: 2012 | 544 Min.

MORE THAN PUPPY LOVE
A teenage boy and his sister raise a foster puppy for a service dog training center. But when they have to give him up to his next owner, they must learn a difficult lesson about letting go.

Undercover Angel
A struggling writer unexpectedly becomes the babysitter of a lovable six-year-old named Jenny

Keeping Up With the Steins
Three generations of Fiedlers collide as they prepare for the biggest Bar Mitzvah on the block.

Wilderness Love
The children of divorced couple come up with a crazy scheme to give them a second chance.

Picture Perfect
A pair of teenage neighbors enter their "family"–both of their households combined–into a ccontest for a soda company.  Now they must keep up the charade if they want to win.

Family Reunion: A Relative Nightmare
Billy is dreading the annual Dooley family reunion, but things are looking up this year when he meets a runaway who helps him keep his sanity–and wacky relatives–in check.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:23:59 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »

Redemption (Blu-Ray) 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-Ray) 2013
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Rogmeister

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »

I had bought a copy of The Flash: The Complete Series when it first came out...but I recently discovered that I can't find my old copy...so I ordered a new copy.  It arrived today.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

Blue Jasmine

Captain Phillips

Filth

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
Today I got my backer's digital download key for:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
Veronica Mars (2014)

Mar 14th - €46.03 ($60.00) @ Kickstarter*

Collection no. 1119

*I pledged $60 for the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign. In return I got a VM T-Shirt, a PDF version of the movie script, a digital download of the movie on release day (the one above, my first actual entry of a Digital Download into my DVD Profiler database) and I'm also going to get a DVD version of the movie.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

kahless

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
Bought @Saturn Hamburg for 12,99€ each:

The Butler - Limited White House-Edition [Blu-ray]

Captain Phillips [Blu-ray]

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:32 AM »
Cliffhanger (1993)

Mar 18th - €9.04 (£6.31) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1122

Last Action Hero (1993)

Mar 18th - €9.36 (£6.57) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1125

Steven Seagal Collection (1988 - 1996)

Mar 18th - €13.45 (£9.91) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1120 - 1126

(contains: Under Siege, Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, Executive Decision, Hard to Kill, Above the Law)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:32:46 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
Well, the Seagal Collection is a mixed bag. You get three decent Seagal movies (by Seagal standards), one crappy Seagal movie and one movie that isn't a Seagal movie. It's a Kurt Russel movie with Seagal in a relatively small supporting role. Not necessarily a bad thing, though, unless you really expect a Seagal movie.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2014, 03:54:09 AM »
Tonight I got...

Gravity
| Year: 2013 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Dr. Ryan Stone (Oscar® winner* Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant engineer on her first shuttle mission with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (Oscar® winner* George Clooney). On a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalski completely alone, tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the darkness. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go farther out into the terrifying expanse of space.

*Bullock – Actress in a Leading Role, The Blind Side (2009). Clooney – Actor in a Supporting Role, Syriana (2005) and as a Producer of the Best Picture Argo (2012).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:59:57 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2014, 07:03:02 AM »
Well, the Seagal Collection is a mixed bag. You get three decent Seagal movies (by Seagal standards), one crappy Seagal movie and one movie that isn't a Seagal movie. It's a Kurt Russel movie with Seagal in a relatively small supporting role. Not necessarily a bad thing, though, unless you really expect a Seagal movie.

Yeah I know. I have no clue why it would be in a Seagal box. Maybe it's a publisher thing and they didn't have the rights to any other movie.

I bought it mainly for the two Under Siege movies which I consider to be Oscar-worthy story-driven character drama, erm, I mean, erm, good guilty pleasure popcorn action movies. And I thought "10 pounds for 5 movies on Blu-ray? That's OK.".
Karsten

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »
good guilty pleasure popcorn action movies. And I thought "10 pounds for 5 movies on Blu-ray? That's OK.".
Well, I'm hardly in a position to be critical of that, seeing that I recently bought a collection of much crappier Seagal movies  :-[

Under Siege 2 is the one in the bunch that I consider crappy. But even crappy Seagal movies can have some entertainment value.

10 pounds, you say? Hmmm...  ???