Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61655 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 06:33:55 PM »
While out for my walk this morning... stopped by the goodwill shop... and picked this one up used for $2.25....

Benny & Joon
| Year: 1993 | 98 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Johnny Depp (Sleepy Hollow), Mary Stuart Masterson (Bed of Roses) and Aidan Quinn (Practical Magic) star in this wonderfully unique and delightfully offbeat romantic comedy.

Joon (Masterson) is a little unbalanced. Sometimes, without warning, her sweet nature gives way to odd behavior - including a penchant for setting fires! She lives with her older brother Benny (Quinn), who has spent his life taking care of her since their parents died. One night, while playing a poker game with unusual stakes, Joon loses her hand...and wins Sam (Depp), a whimsical misfit who soon charms his way into Joon's heart. Now if they can only find the perfect mate for her overprotective brother...

With charm, humor and an outstanding supporting cast that includes Oliver Platt (A Time to Kill) and Julianne Moore (Hannibal), Benny & Joon is the perfect movie for everyone.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 02:22:16 AM »
This evening I got...

JAG: The Final Season
| Year: 2004 | 969 Min.| IMDb

The hit military series JAG concludes its historic run with all 22 Season Ten episodes, on DVD for the first time! As the relationship between Harm (David James Elliott) and Mac (Catherine Bell) heats up, they make a startling announcement that shocks their friends. Meanwhile, Bud (Patrick Labyorteaux) adjusts to life as a father of four, while Sturgis Turner (Scott Lawrence) is named temporary Judge Advocate General – until Jennifer Coates (Zoe McLellan) announces the arrival of their new boss, a tough Marine who shakes up the entire office! The brave personnel of the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps have inspired audiences for years. Now they're back in court and back in action one last time – for more drama, more romance, and more surprises. A fitting final tribute to JAG!

Episodes:
1. Hail and Farewell (Part 2)
2. Corporate Raiders
3. Retrial
4. Whole New Ball Game
5. This Just in From Baghdad
6. One Big Boat
7. Camp Delta
8. There Goes the Neighborhood
9. The Man on the Bridge
10. The Four Percent Solution
11. Automatic for the People
12. The Sixth Juror
13. Heart of Darkness
14. Fit for Duty
15. Bridging the Gulf
16. Straits of Malacca
17. JAG: San Diego
18. Death at the Mosque
19. Two Towns
20. Unknown Soldier
21. Dream Team
22. Fair Winds and Following Seas

The Lone Ranger
| Year: 2013 | 149 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer star in The Lone Ranger, from Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Director Gore Verbinski. It's a wild ride of high-velocity action, explosions and gunfights that brings the famed masked legend to life through brand-new eyes. The Lone Ranger (Hammer), the last of his kind, teams with Tonto (Depp), a dark and mysterious vigilante, to seek vengeance after justice has failed them, it's a runaway train of epic surprises, as these two unlikely heroes must learn to work together before the ultimate showdown between good and evil explodes.

Red Dawn
| Year: 2012 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Josh Hutchinson (The Hunger Games) and Isabel Lucas (Immortals) deliver a full arsenal of pulse-pounding excitement in this explosive action-adventure.

The unsuspecting citizens of Spokane, Washington, wake up one morning to the shocking sight of foriegn paratroopers dropping from the sky in a surprize attack on the United States. Soon the entire city is under enemy control, but a group courageous teenagers has decided to fight back, by waging an all-out war  against the invaders, to take back their town — and their freedom!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
While out on a walk this morning I was able to get this one rather cheap...

Sky High
| Year: 2005 | 99 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Experience the wonder of the film the New York Times calls "a clever hybrid of Harry Potter and The Incredibles" as Disney's Sky High soars on Blu-ray's high definition disc. The fun and excitement reach new heights in this extraordinary format.

The son of legendary crime fighters Commander and Jetstream, Will Stronghold has huge expectations as he enters a high-tech school known for molding the heroes of tomorrow. But with no apparent superpowers of his own, is Will destined to be mere sidekick? Watch in eye-popping 1080p as Will discovers his true strengths, and experience the awesome power of 5.1 48 kHz, 16-bit uncompressed audio. Heroic adventure truly takes flight with Blu-ray™ High Definition!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 03:16:12 AM »
This evening I got...

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Tenth Season
| Year: 2012 | 1028 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In Season 10 of TV's highly acclaimed drama, NCIS, Special Agent Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) leads his crew on 24 all-new adrenaline-charged episodes. Serial killers, terrorists-at-large, a downed helicopter and a murder case that hits too close to home are just a few of the explosive cases that the Naval Criminal Investigative Service team are trained to crack. Co-stars Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum shoot to thrill and take audiences along for the ride around the globe and into the heart, soul and guts of every crime scene. For the first time on DVD, this 6-disc set of the fan-favorite series takes drama to new danger zones.

Episodes:
1. Extreme Prejudice
2. Recovery
3. Phoenix
4. Lost at Sea
5. The Namesake
6. Shell Shock (Part I)
7. Shell Shock (Part II)
8. Gone
9. Devil's Trifecta
10. You Better Watch Out
11. Shabbat Shalom
12. Shiva
13. Hit and Run
14. Canary
15. Hereafter
16. Detour
17. Prime Suspect
18. Seek
19. Squall
20. Chasing Ghosts
21. Berlin
22. Revenge
23. Double Blind
24. Damned If You Do

Dexter: The Seventh Season
| Year: 2012 | 673 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Everyone's favorite serial killer is back for more in Season 7 of the wickedly good drama, Dexter, on SHOWTIME®. Golden Globe® winner Michael C. Hall returns as the Miami forensics expert with blood on his hands – only now, he's finally forced to come clean to his sister, Deb, about his deadly ways. Meanwhile, there's a chance for possible romance with a beautiful fellow murderer, Deb learns how difficult it is to keep her brother's secrets, Batista pursues a dream away from the force, Quinn loses his heart, and LaGuerta gets closer to pinning the Bay Harbor Butcher killings on Dexter. Someone's got it coming...

EPISODES:
1. Are You ...?
2. Sunshine and Frosty Swirl
3. Buck The System
4. Run
5. Swim Deep
6. Do The Wrong Thing
7. Chemistry
8. Argentina
9. Helter Skelter
10. The Dark... Whatever
11. Do You See What I See?
12. Surprise, Motherfucker!

42: The Jackie Robinson Story
| Year: 2013 | 128 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In 1946, Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, took a stand against Major League Baseball's infamous color line when he signed Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) to the team. The deal put both men in the crosshairs of the public, the press and even other players. Facing unabashed racism from every side, Robinson was forced to demonstrate tremendous courage and let his talent on the field win over fans and his teammates - silencing his critics and forever changing the world by changing the game of baseball.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2014, 11:03:34 PM »
This evening I got...

The Blob
| Year: 1958 | 83 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

"BEWARE OF THE BLOB!" One of the great cult classics, THE BLOB melds '50s schlock sci-fi and teen delinquency pics even as it transcends these genres with strong performances and ingenious special effects. Made outside of Hollywood by a maverick film distributor, a crew experienced in religious and educational shorts, and a collection of theatrical talent from Philadelphia and New York, THE BLOB helped launch the careers of superstud Steve McQueen and composer Burt Bacharach.

Pretty Little Liars: The Complete Second Season
| Year: 2011 | 1093 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

All of Rosewood wants to know who killed Alison – and the names Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are on everyone's lips. Forced to move their friendship underground and to meet with a therapist, the girls feel utterly alone. Is no place safe from the watchful eye of "A"? With parental and romantic relationships on the rocks, the four friends consider revealing their secrets, further straining their bond. But as the mystery deepens, the body count increases, and the texts from "A" grow ever more menacing, the girls need each other more than ever. Shocks and surprises abound in all 25 Season Two episodes of ABC Family's addictive series, based on Sara Shepard's best-selling books.

Episodes:
1. It's Alive
2. The Goodbye Look
3. My Name is Trouble
4. Blind Dates
5. The Devil You Know
6. Never Letting Go
7. Surface Tension
8. Save the Date
9. Picture This
10. Touched by an "A"-ngel
11. I Must Confess
12. Over My Dead Body
13. The First Secret
14. Through Many Dangers, Toils and Snaires
15. A Hot Piece of "A"
16. Let the Water Hold Me Down
17. The Blonde Leading the Blind
18. A Kiss Before Lying
19. The Naked Truth
20. CTRL: A
21. Breaking the Code
22. Father Knows Best
23. Eye of the Beholder
24. If These Dolls Could Talk
25. Unm"A"sked
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 10:07:19 AM »
Mike & Molly: Season 3 (2012 - 2013)

Feb 5th - €0.00 ($18.96) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12643 - 12645

Red Dawn (2012)

Feb 8th - €7.99 @ Drogerie Müller

Collection no. 1108
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:12:21 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »
Hope you enjoy Red Dawn as much as I did!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
Hope you enjoy Red Dawn as much as I did!  :thumbup:

I'm probably going to watch it today and write up a double-review with the original (which I already watched a few weeks ago).

Too bad that Mike & Molly's third season is probably going to be my last. The fourth season has lost all the humour and charm that made this show enjoyable. Why? because they saw Melissa McCarthy's movies and now every joke is targeted towards her physical comedy. And *walks into a lamp post* humour isn't as funny long-term.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
I only know her from Gilmore Girls.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

Elysium

Page Eight

Hansel and Gretel: Witchhunters

Jagten

The Jungle Book

Shogun

White Collar: Season 1

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
I had enough Disney Rewards points to get a free DVD... so figured what the heck and ordered...

The Shaggy Dog
| Year: 2006 | 99 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Comedian Tim Allen unleashes all the outrageous fun in this doggone hilarious update of Disney's comedy classic! The adventures begin when workaholic Dave Douglas (Allen) is accidentally transformed into a lovable dog. Now as Dave digs to uncover the mystery, this overworked dad wants nothing more than to stop fetching...and get back to fathering. But before he does, he's about to discover that being man's best friend gives him a curious insight into what it takes to be a great dad! The tail-wagging fun continues with bonus features to howl about including bone-tickling bloopers, deleted scenes, and a special bark-along bone-us feature dogs will love!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2014, 05:35:48 PM »
Shogun

I was seriously considering this because I love this mini-series. But I already have it on DVD and haven't watched in ages.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
Never seen Shogun.  :bag:
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »
Shogun

I was seriously considering this because I love this mini-series. But I already have it on DVD and haven't watched in ages.

From what I could see while auditing it for DVDProfiler there is actually no need to double-dip.
Paramount once more saved a lot of money for a long awaited release.
The picture is only marginally better than on DVD.
The localised sound was not re-mastered. Only original Audio is something worth listening to here, at least if they wouldn't have bloated it to 5.1 (from original Mono!)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:49:56 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »
Only original Audio is something worse listening to here, at least if they wouldn't have bloated it to 5.1 (from original Mono!)

Freudian slip? ;)
Karsten