Author Topic: Roger's Update  (Read 1622 times)

Rogmeister

Roger's Update
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »
Hi, guys...sorry I haven't been around lately :-\

I have spent time in the hospital each of the last 3 months: September, October and November.  Let's see if I can get through December without another such visit.  This past time, I was in there with congestive heart failure and pneumonia.  I am currently staying at my brother's home where I am recuperating and I am on oxygen.  I still get tired easily.  I will probably be here for close to the rest of the year.  I will also be moving when I will be strong enough to care for myself.  My one worry is I won't be able to keep my two cats, Cindy and Tammy.  We shall see what happens.

If you've thought of me lately...thank you.

:tv:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Roger's Update
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
I read your updates on Facebook but wasn't sure if I were allowed to relay them here.

Hope you get better soon. :)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
I'm so sorry this year has been so hard Roger. Get strong and hopefully you will get better and stay healthier for the new year.

I know how much you love your cats - I wish they could stay with you. But, there are a lot of loving homes that would be blessed to bring your fur babies into their care.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
DJ, I certainly don't mind my updates being posted here.  I would've been here sooner but it kept slipping my mind.  Cindy, a nurse at my dialysis clinic, says someone else who is treated at the clinic goes to this apartment complex and they do allow you to have a cat...but I'm not sure if they let you have two.  She will ask and let me know.  My sister-in-law says if it comes to that, they would be glad to take in Cindy, my black and white cat.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 08:58:58 PM »
So sorry to hear that! Sucks :\ get better soon!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:41:42 PM »
I hope you feel better soon..and are able to keep your cats. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 05:48:58 AM »
Although I don't always comment, but I too am following your posts on Facebook.

Sorry to hear about the cats, I know you love them very much. Hope you indeed don't have another hospital visit like that for at least the remainder of the year.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about the cats .. hope you can keep at least 1.  I think i *know* how you must feel, for me it is dogs.  They are our children and not being with them just isnt right some how.  Good luck
Thank you
David

Rogmeister

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
Speaking of my cats, today happens to be the 12th anniversary of the date I took in Cindy, my oldest cat.  She is the B&W seen with me in my profile picture.