Author Topic: Castle - Spoiler  (Read 53580 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Castle - Spoiler
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »
This topic is available to discuss all things Castle, including spoilers.

If the episode is less than one week old (US airdate) please still use spoiler tags, if it's older than that, feel free to discuss openly.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Castle - Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 02:01:23 AM »
Thats cool! And i'm sorry if i offended anyone. So i will use this for the episode\spoiler discussions. Thanks

(click to show/hide)

And for the books, i've only heard great things. But havent read them, nor do i have them. Dont think tho i'm going too. I'm too big fan of the show i think. Dont know how that would impact the show. Negative\positive, when you read a book and watch the movie afterwards. There's a chance you get disappointed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:11:33 AM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 04:21:24 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I like the books.  There are similarities to the series, but they are different too.  There are little references here and there to things that happened in the show, which I like.  Ohhh...in the new book, there is even a reference to Firefly. :D

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »
With the whole joboffer deal, and the Vaughn saga. Should he kiss her? Not at all. Should Kate handled it better? Indeed! (IMHO anyways) But i think both Kate and Rick are learning. Even tho Rick's been married a few times. Its been heavly hinted that what he got with Kate now, is the most serious relationship he's ever been in. And with Kate, we dont know really. We havent seen much of her personal life (only the 'one foot out the door') I dont think she had much of a personal life before she met Rick really. Her moms case and work was everything for her. Kate should have told Rick that she got a job offer, and they should have talked about it. But thats the communication issues they still working on. In the early seasons they wouldnt have said anything about it. Kept it all a secret. (Thats great character growth and great writing right ther) You seeing this Bones?! And for his marriage with Meredith. Meh, just meh. Dont like her character. But the matter of fact is this. She will always be around. She will always be the mom of his child. Even tho how many kids he and Kate would get. But i guess thats fair enough. As we just dont see her that much. And for Pi, thats enough said from my part. We'll just have to see how that will end up. Since i've given my two cents on him. I clearly thinks its a reason they play him up like this cocky brat, that doesnt deserve Alexis at all. But we'll see. And for Kate's apartment in NY. We have never been told if she owned it, or rented the place. So thats a guess from my part. And for the affording thing. 1 apartment in DC, and one in NY. Well, its always been hinted that Kate is from Money. Her fancy apartment in NY (for a cop to be) her fancy clothes etc. Family money maby? And the loft.. Ah, the loft.. They will never get rid of that. (The crew) have used a lot of money on it this year. Made a few changes to it. And with their tight budget. Dont think they can afford to get another place. (the production company that is) Just interesting to see if they move in together, or how they will do that. But then its time for Martha to go. She needs to find her own place. Heck, Alexis is living at the college. And Rick and Kate needs they privacy. And even tho Martha and Alexis not living at the loft, they could still have a few great moments at the loft with the whole family. And for Gates.. They write her as this bitch really. Following everything by the book. And dont like Rick at all. But is starting to warm up to him a bit. As you said aswell, he's technally (is that the correct word\spelling?) not a cop. So can she 'fire' him? over "dating a coworker" ? Since he's not hired? Since he works there for free? And he's friends with the mayor. And we know he would never be gone really. No Rick = No Show. And for the whole professor thing, i read something about that in the summer hiatus. So i guess i have to take that with a grain of salt. And for the Edelstel (forgot her charaters name now! :o ) i read somewhere that the boys in NY gets a case, and Rick talks them in to have him in on the team. And when investigating the case, it turns out the case is a FBI case. And Kate and her mentor is coming to NY to investigate. So it will be like them against the boys. (I dont know if that will happen or anything)
I guess i will know more after this episode come Monday! :) (I dont put it in spoilertags since i havent said much about this episode, but as the series in general)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:28:30 AM »
I think she should have handled it better too.  And I agree they are learning and doing better.  It has been made very clear that what he has with Kate is different than his previous marriages.  Stronger, etc.  I don't like Meredith at all.  I do think she was trying to stir up a little trouble at the end of the episode when she showed up to take care of Alexis...the women who doesn't have a maternal bone in her body.  I think that was just an excuse on her part and that she wanted to see for herself how serious Rick and Kate were. She hasn't been around too much so far, so that shouldn't change.

I don't know if there is supposed to be family money or not.  Her dad is a lawyer I think...but I haven't gotten the impression that he was rolling in the big bucks.  Her mom was a lawyer too, and I thought she was doing pro bono type of work when she was killed.  Though I could be remember that wrong.  Or maybe she was a public defender.  Hmmm....can't remember exactly.  So I don't know that any family money could have come from her parents...grandparents maybe.  Hmm.  Not sure.  I did read where some people think if they get married that they should get a new place.  I think the loft will be fine.  There is enough room for Kate's stuff, though maybe they will have to remodel a bit to make room for her shoe collection.  lol  It would be nice to see them go back to the Hamptons sometime too. 

Gates can be bitchy, especially where Rick is concerned.  With some of what she has said at times in the last season, I think she actually likes him more than she lets on..she just doesn't want to admit it after how things started with her kicking him out..and then how he went to the mayor to get back there and she had a fit.  But I think he's grown on her. 

I hadn't read about Kate and her mentor - I had forgotten her name during the last episode...I just don't like her, so I don't care what her name is.  I just want her to go away.  Anyway, I hadn't read about them having a cast in New York.  That could be interesting...and the final push for Kate wanting to go back to New York.  Being there, she sees Ryan and Esposito again...Martha, Alexis, her dad....stay at the loft again..or her place.  Whatever.  So being back there could help her realize just how much she misses it...especially if she does go back to DC for a bit..then she may end up being that much more unhappy in DC after that.  So that, along with what she and Rick go through in the next episode could be what pushes her to go back home.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »
Just 1 day left for the answers! For Meredith, i dont like her either. I think Marlowe & co brings her back only when they need some extra drama. And she's doing a good job of it. And since she's a main character on another tv-show, she doesnt have that much time to be on Castle. (And thats allright if you ask me) And if you remember what Mer  said to Kate right before she left. I think that was done for a reason, and i think that subject will come up again. And hopefully Kate will ask, and not hide. And Rick will hopefully give her the answers. And not change the topic with some jokes. (As he's known to do) I dont remember now but i think i read somewhere that Kate was from money. Her mom\dad was lawyers. (I guess they can do allright in their own rights) But i'm sure i've read it somewhere. All those fancy clothes, shoes, nice apartment etc. On a cop's salary? I'm not saying she's Rick rich, but i think she does allright for herself. And for the loft, i know that Marlowe & co, have jused alot of money to upgrade the loft for this season. Adding stuff to it. Why use money on that, if they was going to build another? With an allready tight budget? Dont think they would. And i think the hamptons would be nice to see again. But without the murder this time. And Gates (or the actress behind her) is doing a great job. Lets be honest. Her character is written like that for a reason. A reason i think we will get the answer to. In 24 she was playing a bad guy too. And she's doing a great job as a bad guy. Maby thats why i dont like her. :\ I think we will learn more about her in the season(s) to come. And the FBI coming to NY. Its real interesting if they do it indeed. And i guess we will find out just in a week or so. Her mentor (Mccord) i think her name is? I actually dont remember her name. She reminds me a bit of the old Kate. How Kate was in the earlier seasons. Only work, and no personal life. And lets just talk about Brecken for a bit. What if its him that is behind whats happening to Rick right now? And Stana said herself in a interview that Brecken will be back somehow this season. So, why not now? Or are they saving him for the season ender? With how things are going with Castle right now, the fan base they have, and keep adding to it. The ratings is gold. And if they continue like this, i see atleast a few more seasons for them.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 05:55:56 AM »
Woohoo...only one more day. 

That is true...Meredith is only back once in a while..which is more than enough.  Frankly, I'd be happy to hear Alexis mention her every once in a while.  I didn't realize the actress was on another show. 
I think that was done deliberately too...and that Kate does need to bring it back up.  Rick does have a tendency to joke in most situations, but Kate showed even last week that she can reel that in a bit and that she is willing to do that when needed - at the end when she goes in to talk to him.  At first he is kind of joking and then she says something and gets him to be serious and focus.  So Kate can do it.  She just needs to do it with that at some point so they can clear the air over that...then move on to planning the wedding. :)

The one extra on the season 5 DVD was focused on the sets for both places - Kate's and Rick's.  Hers is supposed to be in Tribecca.  I don't know much about New York City, but I know that is a very expensive area..think it is considered one of the trendy places or something, so people pay more.  It was said that Kate's loft would be between 4 and 5 million - MILLION - depending on if she actually has access to the roof like the set designer indicated he thought she did.  So.   Maybe we just need to imagine that she's living in a dumpy neighboorhood or somehow got rent control.  Hmmm...though in season 2, her place got blown up, and I think she moved to a completely new place.

They probably wanted Gates to be a major difference from Montgomery.  And I get that. But, I liked him better even after learning of his connection to her mom's death.  He spent the rest of his life after that trying to make up for what he had done when he first joined the force.  Gates is softening a bit..and we have learned a little more about her.  Like in the Christmas episode, she was freaking about her mother-in-law coming to visit and how she would constantly criticize her.  I thought that made Gates more relatable...and her addiction to that stupid reality show.

That's true about the mentor...she does seem more like how Kate was when the show began, just focused so intently on work.  Rick has is how issues, but he has been good for Kate.  He got to her to see that she could still be good at her job and take time for a personal life...and have fun.  They balance each other out.  I read a few things that had Edelstein - however her name is spelled - talking about her character and how she doesn't get Rick and why Kate wants him around.

Oooo.  I hadn't thought about Bracken maybe being mixed up in what is going on now.  Interesting idea.  I could see that.  I still can't believe that Kate hasn't considered that being in DC could put in danger from Bracken...he may see that as a violation of that deal they came to and go after her full force again. 

The show is doing really well.  And fans were happy last year.  I would be happy with the show going on for several more years.

I did hear something just over a week ago that Nathan Fillion has a back injury..not sure how or when that happened.  Depending on how bad it is, it could cause some issues for the show...I hope not. 

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »
You really want that wedding huh? ;) Do you think we will see a wedding? And do you think we will see Meredith somehow? Well, i havent seen the dvdset from season 5. (yet) with the extras and stuff. And i remember her apartment got blown to bits and nothing. (Rick was there to help her) I dont remember where or how, but i do think she is from money. Was is said before? Was it implied? I cant actually remember  :-[ And i can see why they want something different than Montogomery, (tho he was dirty) And i can see why they made her character like that. But i've always said this about Gates (and i will say it till otherwise is proven) Its something off with her. Something isnt right. I dont think she's there for "only" to be the captain. I think there is a bigger part somewhere. Something iffy. And for Kate, Mccord, the whole DC saga.. Meh and meh. I'm looking forward to get her back to NY. And for tonights episode, i've allready seen it. And i will say i enjoyed it. Great moments and spots here and there. And really interesting ending. (wont spoil anything, since people havent seen it yet) And i liked the promo' aswell. And lets hope Nathan Fillion's back will be ok. Dont think he would cancle a show like that, because of his back. He's said that he really loves what he does now. And its the must succsesfull tv-show he's been in. We got a few good years ahead of us!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:53 AM »
2 hours and 5 minutes....I"m not anxious or anything here... ;)

Yes I do.  Especially since she accepted the proposal.  They don't have to rush into it...I'll be fine if it is a long engagement, which really, considering everything that is always going on for them, that would make sense.  But they can start having little conversations here and there. 

Meredith may turn up again at some point...hmmm.  Though last season was the first time she was around for a while I think.  Hmm.

I can't remember hearing that she was from money.  Maybe it was there somewhere. 

I get why they went different from Montgomery too.  I hadn't thought of that before, but maybe Gates is there for something else....  She does come from Internal Affairs.  Hmmmmmm.  She might be up to something else there.  And there have been some episodes in the last few seasons when she isn't there...I think we always at least briefly saw Montgomery.  Maybe.

Is that one agent's name McCord?  I honestly have no clue...  Kate in DC just isn't right.  She should be in New York, working with Ryan, Esposito, and Laine. 

1 hour and 54 minutes left now....

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
Saw the episode...very good.  I need to watch it again because I think I missed a few things..but am happy overall.   :laugh:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 12:10:18 AM »
Will be a few short words here aswell, maby more tomorrow. But i've watched this episode a few times allready.
(click to show/hide)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 05:27:33 AM »
I just read a recap of last night's episode..the person who wrote it doesn't like Pi either.  Just said Pi, Ugh.   :laugh:

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out..and it is very spoilery, so don't read until after you see the episode.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/30/castle-season-6-recap-race-to-save-poisoned-castle/

Well I got sidetracked for a while..oops.

(click to show/hide)

Ok...I think I'm done now. :)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
Alot of great points. And i will try to answer some of them a bit later tonight! With some of my thougts on it. But so far. Castle 2 - Bones - 0.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 09:32:46 PM »
So, i'm back after done alot of shit. And rewatched the episode.
(click to show/hide)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 03:19:04 AM »
But so far. Castle 2 - Bones - 0.

Definitely.