Author Topic: Steve Canyon  (Read 1672 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Steve Canyon
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
TitleThe Complete Steve Canyon On TV Vol. 1 (880074-147630)
ActorsDean Fredericks
Produced2008 in United States
Runtime345 minutes
AudioEnglish Dolby Digital Mono
SubtitlesNone
OverviewNOT SEEN IN THE US IN OVER 45 YEARS!
QUITE POSSIBLY THE RAREST "LOST SERIES" OF ALL TIME!
IN BEAUTIFUL BACK AND WHITE FROM THE ORIGINAL 25MM BROADCAST MASTERS.

12 Full half-hour episodes featuring the famed comic strip hero created by Milton Caniff and starring Dean Fredericks as Steve Canyon.
My thoughtsI never read the Steve Canyon comics. I don't even know if they were ever published in Sweden when I grew up. And I never saw the TV show either, because I'm pretty sure it has never been aired over here. So this was a blind buy for me. Well, perhaps not entirely. I knew of the comic strip, even if I never read it, so I had some idea of what it was about. But that's all.

The shows are presented like they were aired, with sponsor commercials and network promos. This isn't too annoying, though. It adds a bit of TV history to the shows. The shows are generally very good. This volume contains 12 b/w half hour episodes from 1958 – 1959.

Not having read the comics I can't comment on how well the show compares, but Dean Fredericks reportedly bleached his hair in order to look more like the cartoon Canyon, so I guess that says something about his dedication.

If you like old TV shows, then there's a very good chance that you will like this one.
My rating3,5 out of 5

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Steve Canyon
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:54:33 AM »
I never heard of this one before.  Interesting.