Author Topic: Damn Postal Services!  (Read 1886 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Damn Postal Services!
« on: June 29, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
This really sucks! A good friend of mine sent me a nice big box full of DVDs.... both movies and TV Series! And what happens? The damn post office lost the package! Someone out there got a nice big box of DVDs!

This was a package that was being sent to me for my birthday. Was scheduled to arrive on May 29th. A month ago today! But no such luck! The post office tried the tracking number... but they said it don't show being scanned since the original acceptance scan when she first mailed it out!

Since these were a gift from a friend there is no getting replacement copies of what was in the box. But at least she did get insurance when she shipped it. Of course it seems like they are making her jump through hoops to get the insurance. And they are taking their sweet time at that.

My friend has now started me up a new box. Hopefully this one will arrive without any problem. Though I am now a bit gunshy about anything being sent through the postal system.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Damn Postal Services!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
That stinks.  :(

I had a package once where one item was broken.  There was insurance on it...it did take a while and it was just a small amount.

I've been wary of the Post Office for a while.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 07:30:08 PM »
That sucks too! :( Though at this point I would be thrilled with it arriving with one item broken (after all been over a month since she sent it!)... but it won't happen. Not sure how much she had it insured for... but there was a good 30 or 40 titles in it (some I knew about some I didn't)... many of which were TV series box sets.  :weep:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
:( 
Anymore you don't know what condition your package will arrive in when it comes through the post office.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
It is easier when dealing with an online store... at least then if lost or damaged you can get it replaced. With packages from friends you are pretty much out of luck. This friend is so kind she is making me a new package. Hopefully we will have better luck this time.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
I hope it does too.  That sucks that it got lost. :(

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
If you didn't know what you had coming you would be disappointed, But, if you're eagerly anticipating something and then don't get it, that would be so much worse.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 07:59:44 PM »
In  this case it was both... Some I knew about and some I didn't.  :(
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
:(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »
What surprises me (even though it shouldn't) is I posted this at Invelos as well. And someone basically told me that out of all the packages I get I shouldn't be complaining about one missing package! huh?  :stars: Saying it seems like to them that I have been well taken care of by the postal system. Huh?  :stars:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »
That is ridiculous.  Just because someone gets several packages during a year doesn't mean they should expect a certain portion of them to get lost or damaged...or that it is inevitable for that to happen.  Idiot.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
Probably just jealous because I have a few good friends that sends me DVDs when they upgrade them or don't want them anymore.

Like you, I don't think it should matter in the least how many packages I get in any period of time.
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »
In all seriousness, it IS inevitable it will happen from time to time. Billions of pieces of mail get delivered every day, and like with every business, there are some crappy employees. Should it happen? No. Is it acceptable? No. But it does on a rare occasion, and the only way to deal with it is to take your business to a different carrier which would most likely be much more expensive, or just deal with it. I know it sounds harsh, but unfortunately, there's some unscrupulous mailmen about. The Royal Mail in the UK are very quick to refund as long as you have waited their maximum guideline delivery times. They send you a form, you fill it out, you receive your money back.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »
And that is just it. I do understand such a thing can... and will happen. Ours is supposed to work the same way. We waited the time required (hence waiting a month before complaining)... then they tried to locate the package with no luck... then she filled out the paperwork. That was a good while ago now. And we haven't heard a thing... not even word that she will get the insurance she paid for.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 03:18:40 AM »
I once received a package after three months. This was in China though. I had already gotten the replacement package a month earlier :laugh: Still wondering to this day what happened there. Was the custom officer watching them first...? (Just joking, they were still shrink wrapped.)

But this was replaceable, which Amazon did. Your package s sadly lost and gone :(