Author Topic: Everyone's Wishlist?  (Read 1721 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Everyone's Wishlist?
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:08:13 AM »
I've been watching mine grow lately (mainly because of my discovery of anime this past couple of years) and I've been torturing myself by putting buying new DVDs on the backburner behind school things and video games and then random things I don't need and such....really, I'm amazed looking at mine grow  :o

I feel a bit greedy now, so I want to feel a little less alone and see how many DVDs you all are after  ;)  I'm just wondering what you lot are meaning to get at some point, like ones that you're not sure when you'll ever get around to buying...  :-[

Here's what mine looks like right now, Blu-Ray/DVDs alone, copied between Amazon and DVD profiler:

Black Butler: Complete 2nd Season (Limited Edition, Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ----first season owned----   
Fruits Basket Box Set (Viridian Collection)
Ouran High School Host Club: Complete Series (Classic) [Blu-ray]
Ouran High School Host Club (Vol. 1 - 11 End) ----this would be the live-action version, movie already owned----
Pokemon the First Movie - Mewtwo vs. Mew
Cowboy Bebop Remix: The Complete Collection (Anime Legends) ----movie owned---
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Complete Collection One [Blu-ray] ----second collection already owned----
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Complete First Season (Viridian Collection)
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Complete Second Season (Viridian Collection) ----ironically, I only have the finale movie----
Soul Eater - Complete Series    
Howl's Moving Castle (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) -----releases late May-----
Death Note: Movies 1 and 2 the Last Name ----live-action movies double-pack----
Death Note: Relight: Visions of a God: Director's Cut
Death Note: Relight 2: L's Successors: Director's Cut
Death Note: Volume 1 Box Set ----already have individual volumes 1-5 to have the episodes, just want to trade them in for this set to clear out room; second box set is also owned so the actual original anime is completely covered----
L: Change the World

and now enter the lists that put mine to shame  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:26:43 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
Re: Everyone's Wishlist?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:31:54 AM »
My wishlist (as in, what you see if you go to the one that I uploaded to Invelos) is very misleading. Instead of creating a new category, I place in that collection every series that I can recall watching that I have noted in the database... sort of a reminder and future reference in case some day I want to make them real wishlist items.

My watched pile has gone to shame (I used to be sure and watch them all quickly to keep any from sitting around) due to TV series I have been downloading from the web. I have around 21,000 minutes (14.74 days straight) of TV episodes to watch (and I haven't watched anything in about two weeks) :laugh:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:47:31 AM »
I don't have that much in my wish list for Profiler really...though more than you have there Brittany.  My wish list at Amazon...well.  I have no idea how many things on there...it is pages and pages long - though that includes books and a few other things too..and some movies my mom wants.  But it is over 10 pages long now.   :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 03:59:31 AM »
Mine isn't in DVDP, I use Amazon and it is way too huge as I place often movies in mine because when I do my profiling works for a DVD I check what others film an actor or a director did.

Currently I have 855 DVDs in it and this is just for Amazon Canada... I have one too at Amazon US, Amazon UK and Amazon France. But not that big :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:02:09 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:09 AM »
My Wish List in Profiler currently contains 260 items. It's a wild mix of movies/series I have seen in the past and might want to consider seeing again all the way to "must have" stuff.

I often browse the list to check whether there is something I want to buy, but often I tend to buy newer releases. Stuff that has been in the Wish List for very long seems not that important, really? On the other hand, 260 is obviously way to much to quickly catch up to :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:25 AM »
I don't keep a wish list on Amazon or DVD Profiler and to be honest I rarely want for anything.

If anything, my Sakapo list can be considered my wish list, and even that is rather short: http://en.sakapo.doena-soft.de/publicprofile.php?user=DJ%20Doena
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »
I have two separate wishlists (three if you count my manga wishlist).
In the one, I track releases which at one point wanted to buy and I know that there is a DVD release. I also track there, for which of these I have entries in any one of my three Amazon wishlists (.de, .co.uk and .com). And which of these I monitor in Sakapo. So that if I finally buy it, I know where I have to remove it.
I have to weed it out though at some point, because a lot of the stuff on it I am not so keen on anymore. Currently I have there 195 entries.
My other wishlist is about stuff, which I stumbled upon, but where I don't know of any DVD release. From time to time I go through this list and check if I find any new releases. Currently I have there 26 entries.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:24 AM »
I don't really keep a wish list anymore. I keep a long list on profile - mostly things that I've heard good things about. I may or may not buy them but I wouldn't remember what was recommended if I didn't have them written down.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 04:22:04 AM »
I ended up ordering a few books from Amazon last night...looked at the wish list again.  I've managed to forget the exact number again, but it is somewhere around 470.  Yikes. 

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »
Nowadays i dont have much wishlists anymore. But i had quite a few on my wishlist before.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas