Author Topic: HELP  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: April 06, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »
After soooooo many Veggie Tales, The Wiggles and Bob the Builder DVDs, I'm about ready to :suicide:

I need some suggestions on age appropriate (18 months to 7 years) DVDs that I can enjoy too. I'm afraid my brother's children are off from school the next two weeks and I don't think I can stand another one of those kind of movies listed above.

I'm taking the them DVD shopping tomorrow and want to pick up something new.

HELP ME.....PLEASE!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »
According the german rating it's for kids 6 and older: Spongebob Squarepants gives me the occasional chuckle (and I even have the movie in my collection, despite the lack of little children in my vicinity...).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »
Theres always Diego or Dora, but I'm not sure that you'll appreciate them. I don't like them, but if you play the game it's fun. My niece like to correct me when I give the wrong answer (I always give the wrong one, so she can feel better than her uncle).

She like Futurama and The Simpsons too. She have 5 five years old I know that it's not 100% appropriate for her, but she doesn't understand everything and we can laugh together listen to this (not for the same thing)

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
Kathy, maybe a reread of this discussion might point you to some new and interesting stuff

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,741.msg70531.html#msg70531

lyonsden5

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
anything Disney is always good. Also there are many old movies and old TV shows that work. Lassie for example. You also can't go wrong with the old Looney Tunes cartoons.

When my kids were 4 - 6 we used to watch Abbott and Costello movies. They used to crack up!

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »
I second the vote for Looney Tunes, and also Tom & Jerry. It isn't politically correct to let kids watch such terrible, violent cartoons now (stupid bloody view), but they are fantastic. And when my cousins kids watched them, they were literally hypnotised and silent for a couple of hours. When it was time to go, they turned deaf and refused to budge!

You can't go wrong with Disney classics (I don't mean Aladdin or Lion King!). 101 Dalmations (even the live action version), the Aristocats, Jungle Book, etc.

Personally I think one of the very best kids films ever is Mary Poppins. In recent years, I have a soft spot for Matilda.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 08:07:35 PM »
Thanks to all! I'd forgotten about a lot of the movies mentioned. I can't wait to pick out some new DVDs...like I need an excuse to go DVD shopping! :laugh:

m.cellophane

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:39:49 PM »
I have a 5-year old in the family who loves all of the Pixar movies (Ratatouille, Cars, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Toy Story) plus the Shreks and Ice Age plus, as Rick said, anything Disney too.