Author Topic: Why are US DVDs always sellotaped?  (Read 4277 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: Why are US DVDs always sellotaped?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
When I worked for a computer reseller we used to be annoyed by retail boxes arriving with courier labels stuck on. Impossible to remove without damaging the printed cardboard underneath. One of my colleagues tried some hand lotion (Avon Skin So Soft) and it was like a magic potion. Labels just slid off, leaving absolutely no residue or damage.

A "colleague" of yours just happened to have some moisturiser with them did they?

:hmmmm:

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
When I worked for a computer reseller we used to be annoyed by retail boxes arriving with courier labels stuck on. Impossible to remove without damaging the printed cardboard underneath. One of my colleagues tried some hand lotion (Avon Skin So Soft) and it was like a magic potion. Labels just slid off, leaving absolutely no residue or damage.

A "colleague" of yours just happened to have some moisturiser with them did they?

??? :laugh:

Cheeky git! For one, it could easily have been a female colleague, but in this case it was a bloke whose wife discovered the magical properties years before and so he always kept a couple to hand. So to speak.  :tease:

lyonsden5

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

:hysterical: