Author Topic: So much for that...  (Read 2430 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
So much for that...
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
Since teenage drama shows are a guilty pleasure of mine, I took a look into The OC and watched the first few episodes. And I liked it.

So I went online to check what kind of boxes were out there. There's the UK box for 35 pounds. Then there's the US box for 97 dollars. And the german complete boxes are sold out.

Reading the reviews of the UK box it told me that all european releases had the first season only in 4:3 whereas the US box has 16:9.

Okay then, so I decied to buy seasons 2-4 in Germany and buy the first season in the US. Said and done.

Now the first season is on the way from the US and I added it to my ordered collection in DVDP. And what does it say for asect ratio? 4:3.  :redcard:

The reviewer probably meant the overpriced $97 box contains the 16:9 version... >:(
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

samuelrichardscott

Re: So much for that...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=9056

I feel  your pain. Been caught out several times before.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
The reviewer probably meant the overpriced $97 box contains the 16:9 version... >:(
On Amazon? There is usually the warning that the reviews are not for the exact product shown on that page.

Although I'd say you can't necessarily trust Profiler either. At least for regions I've been burnt twice or thrice.

Sorry to learn your troubles though :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:39:14 PM by Achim »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »
On Amazon? There is usually the warning that the reviews are not for the exact product shown on that page.

No, the reviewer on the UK site reviewing the UK box referred to the US box, not explicitly stating which box he meant.

Sorry to learn your troubles though :(

Not really trouble, just a slight waste of money (I could have gotten the first season for €10 instead of $18 + shipping).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:08:42 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools