Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (Read 17705 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
1.12. Prophecy Girl

As the Spring Fling dance approaches, Giles discovers an ancient book forretelling the Slayer's death at the hand of The Master.

Excellent conclusion to a good first season. A lot of actions in that one and a non evident outcome to the fight between Buffy and The Master. It was a nice touch to see who is the one saving the day.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »

Episodes:
1. When She Was Bad
2. Some Assembly Required
3. School Hard
4. Inca Mummy School
5. Reptile Boy
6. Halloween
7. Lie to Me
8. The Dark Age
9. What's My Line, Part I
10. What's My Line part II
11. Ted
12. Bad Eggs
13. Surprise
14. Innocence
15. Phases
16. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
17. Passion
18. Killed By Death
19. I Only Have Eyes For You
20. Go Fish
21. Becoming - Part I
22. Becoming - Part II

Cast
Sarah Michelle Gellar.......Buffy
Nicholas Brendon...........Xander
Alyson Hannigan............Willow
Charisma Carpenter........Cordelia
David Boreanaz..............Angel
Anthony Head...............Giles

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »
2.1. When She Was Bad

Buffy returns from summer vacation with a "major attitude" and recurring nightmares involving the Master - even as the Annointed One and his followers plan their revenge.

Buffy is back and she sure sounds like she was Cordelia, but there is a reason for this. An ok openner but it was weird to watch untill the action start.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 01:19:29 AM »
2.2. Some Assembly Required

A series of grave robbings leads to a science club member who is tying to create a girlfriend for his brother, whom he has just brought back from the dead.

Bride of Frankenstein according to Buffy. It's the beginning of the Giles/Jenny Calendar relation (and it's fun to see Giles having the same reaction than a teenager in love) and the Buffy/Angel story seem to go in a more serious direction (and Xander is sure not please by that). Not a bad episode and it's almost a Cordelia episode wich is always a plus in my book, but we are always waiting for the second season main story to begin.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 03:00:39 AM »
2.3. School Hard

Buffy's mother gets trapped inside Sunnydale High School when a named Spike arrives in town and launches an attack against the Slayer.

Yes! Spike is here and the fun begins. Finally that Annointed One bussiness is over as Spike is now in charge of the vampire operation (you can thank god that kid voice change at puberty since that kid was supposed to be the main bad guy of the season two).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 04:06:18 AM »
2.4. Inca Mummy Girl

A beautiful Inca princess who was buried alive in a tumb 500 years ago is accidentally brought back to life in the Sunnydale Natural History Museum.

Good episode, but mostly a filler. Xander succeed again at catching the attention of the demon girl (that will bring a funny line), but to be honest it's hard to not feel sorry for the girl. It's the episode where Oz and Jonathan make their first appearances in the show.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »
2.5. Reptile Boy

When Buffy and Cordelia attend a frat party, they find themselves being offered up to a reptile-like creature as human sacrifices.

There is a lesson to learn in that episode if you are an obnoxious fraternity feeding a big snake demon to succeed in life because you are loosers, don't invite the Slayer for your annual snake feeding festival and don't laugh at the high school boy.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »
2.6. Halloween

After renting Halloween costumes from an unusual shop, Buffy and her friends litterally begin turning into whatever costume they are wearing.

Another fun one with some role reversal. Some are tougher than usual and some sure are weaker. Spike jump in the game too to use the chaos at his advantage... Too bad Cordelia got her costume somewhere else.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »
I always enjoyed the Halloween episodes!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
It's fun to see Xander being a tough guy and get a second chances to deal with the pirate guy ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
2.7. Lie to Me

Buffy is lured into a trap by a group of vampire wannabes who hope Spike will turn them into vampires in exchange for giving him the Slayer.

Another episode who deal with a more serious subject that it seems to, but it's the reason why I was caught by that show immediatly after a couple of episodes. We learn more about Drusilla and why she act so loony in that episode (in fact I kind of feel sad for her because of what she had to go trough).

(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
I wish I could remember! If you don't get the answer before tomorrow I will pop the disc in and re-watch that episode. You have me curios now. Though it does make sense.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
2.8. The Dark Age

Giles' past comes back to haunt him when a demon he and Ethan Rayne summoned in their wild days comes looking for them in Sunnydale.

Nice to know that Giles wasn't always the serious guy he is now, of course nice is a relative term as those past days weren't all unicorns and rainbows as you can guess. That demon from the past is sure one of the toughest one we have seen at this point and, even if it is defeated at the end (common this isn't a spoiler), the fact he came to Giles will bring a sad consequence for him.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
2.9. What's My Line? - Part 1

As career week at school has Buffy wondering what her future may have been like, Spike hires three professional bounty hunters to ensure she has no future at all.

This one is a little bit on the slow side, but being a two parts episode it's normal as they use this episode to set the next one. Prepare yourself for a big surprise at the end that can seem strange but isn't...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 02:02:21 AM »
That's how I understood those...events. 
I thought it was even explained that way in one of the episodes too.  Hmmm   :hmmmm:  It has been so long since I watched the episodes.  I really should start watching them again.