Author Topic: January Marathon: A-Z TV Shows  (Read 7041 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
January Marathon: A-Z TV Shows
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »

January Marathon
A-Z TV Series
For my January fun I thought that since I am still finding myself more in the mood for TV series then I am movies... I would do an A-Z marathon of TV series in my collection... I will watch anywhere between 1 episode to 1 disc full of episodes a TV series from each letter in my collection.

As you can see from the collage I made above... I have a very eclectic taste in TV series... so you never know what you may see in this review thread. Could be a new series or old... of any genre.

There is many series in my collection that I never watched yet... so if I pick one of those you can count on me watching the pilot episode since I like watching in order when I watch something for the first time. But I also have some best of discs... so it don't have to be the pilot episode... could be just what I have or a favorite episode of mine if I have seen the series before. It could be a store bought DVD or one I made myself. Pretty much anything goes as long as it is from my collection.

I believe I have every letter in the alphabet covered in my collection... though some letters my may not have much of a choice what to watch. Though with some letters I will have a hard choice with all the titles in my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: January Marathon: A-Z TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
Numbers
I wanted to start with TV series that start with numbers. I have a pretty nice selection of series to choose from...

7 to choose from... not sure what I will watch yet... but I am leaning towards 2 Broke Girls as it is a current favorite series of mine.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »
     2 Broke Girls: The Complete First Season: Disc One

1. PILOT
An unseen friendship blooms in a brooklyn diner between sarcastic, streetwise Max and sophisticated, formally rich Caroline.

2. AND THE BREAK-UP SCENE
Caroline steals Max's thunder when she innocently interferes with her break-up.

3. AND STROKES OF GOODWILL
Max introduces Caroline to the art of thrift store shopping. Plus, a certain guy catches Max's Eye.

4. AND THE RICH PEOPLE PROBLEMS
Max gets a taste of Caroline's posh lifestyle - and her pesonal life - at her former home.

5. AND THE 90'S HORSE PARTY
Caroline and Max throw a party to charge rich hipsters for horse rides. Thanks, Chestnut!

6. AND THE DISAPPEARING BED
Caroline tries to build herself a Murphy bed, and the chemistry between Max and Johnny (Nick Zano) heats up.

7. AND THE PRETTY PROBLEM
When a potential customer wants pretty cupcakes, Caroline drags Max to a cake-decorating class.

8. AND THE HOARDER CULTURE
Caroline and Max clean a hoarder's apartment for extra cash, and Johnny's spray can speaks volumes.

Stars:
Kat Dennings as Max
Beth Behrs as Caroline
Garrett Morris as Earl
Jonathan Kite as Oleg
Matthew Moy as Han Lee

My Thoughts:
To start the marathon off... I decided to watch the first disc of 2 Broke Girls despite the fact that I recently watched the entire season set. I just find this show hilarious. And now because of this show I found myself fascinated with Kat Dennings. Looks like I have myself another favorite actress to try to collect more DVDs of. I will say that some of the jokes are a little heavy on the risque side... so the series is not for everyone... but I enjoy every second of it. My favorite episode on this disc has to be the pilot where the girls first meet each other. I definitely recommend giving it a chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »
A's
Here is what I have to choose from for the letter "A"...

15 series to choose from... not sure what I will watch yet... I know my brother has been wanting to watch American Horror Story... so if he feels like watching something today I may do that one.
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
Is that the full series collection of Superman (with George Reeves?).  Wow I really need to find a good cheap set of that.
Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
That particular set is for Season One only. Though I do have all 6 seasons of the series. They are out... and I think they are worth it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
     All-Star Family Feud (1978/United States)

Length:720 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono

Stars:
Richard Dawson as Himself

Plot:
Richard Dawson is the original and best host of Family Feud during it's almost thirty year run. This DVD collection includes some of the best episodes featuring movie and television stars. ABC created a number of prime time one hour specials, where celebrity players competed for charity.

Relive hours of fun and so many laughs, and become part of the family again and again!

Extras:
  • Gallery

My Thoughts:
I felt like a blast from my past this morning. But I couldn't decide what to watch... so I thought why not watch something where I could see a lot of stars of a bunch of the old series I used to watch back in the day. I never really thought all that much of this series... was no more then a decent waste of time when nothing else was on. But I always really liked the all-star episodes like these. It actually even made the game itself more fun for me for some reason. I decided to watch the first disc in this set today... this way I got to see stars from the following series...

- Petticoat Junction
- The Brady Bunch
- Your Hit Parade
- Leave it to Beaver
- The Love Boat
- WKRP
- Soap
- Real People

As well as a a couple where the teams were from multiple series... like TV heroes vs. villains.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
B's
Here is what I have to choose from for the letter "B"...

25 series to choose from... and I have absolutely no idea what I may watch yet this time.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 04:21:24 AM »
As you can see I'm in a Buffy marathon and I must the say the episode 5.18 was quite a relief after the two previous one who were so sad... I don't ask you to watch them Pete, but that serie is sure better than I expected it to be when I put the first disc of the first season that Kathy gave me a years ago. It sure not the teenage girls non-sense I tought it was, a rare mix of funny and serious at the same time without being as silly as it sounds.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:23:48 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
A chance I've two more set in front of me, because I would feel quite down if I would have watch the fifth season when it was originally on TV...

(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
I just watched the entire Buffy series within the last couple months... when I was given the complete series set. And yes... that episode in season 5 was very dramatic. It is a great show... I enjoy every minute of it!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 06:12:07 AM »
Once I got hooked on Buffy, I loved it.  I need to watch my DVD sets again..well most of them again and watch the last couple for the first time on DVD.  Some very strong, powerful episodes.  I think I know the one being referred to here... that one about did me in when I first saw it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:35 AM »
I think I know the one being referred to here... that one about did me in when I first saw it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
believe it or not... I watch the musical episode every single time I watch the set. Yes I hate that episode... but if I am watching the entire set I won't skip it.

Afer all this talk I am tempted to watch maybe the 2 part pilot for B... but as I said... I recently watched the entire set.... so should pick something else.
Pete