Author Topic: Wedding Band  (Read 930 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Wedding Band
« on: November 11, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »

Wedding Band @ Wikipedia
Wedding Band @ IMDb

The show follows a weekend band that plays on weddings and B'nai Mitzvah (that's the actual plural of Bar Mitzvah, I had to look it up for spelling anyway ;)) while having "real" jobs during the week. The lead singer Tommy played by Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills, 90210, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) is a convinced single and he arranges for the band to play at the woman's wedding "that got away". Eddie is the lead guitarist and married man with children. The drummer is a Jack Black look-alike named Barry and the "new guy" Stevie is played by Harold Perrineau (LOST).

This show doesn't take itself seriously and it works very well. Right in the pilot episode Tommy has to hold the boob of the bride for a serious amount of time in a totally serious and non-sexual way.
The music is well chosen with an interesting twist (e.g. Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive as bluegrass version).
I'll be watching it!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:18:20 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Wedding Band
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »
I saw some of the first episode.  I ended up on the phone with a friend though so I missed most of what was going on.  Will have to try it again.