Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 130288 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
Dont forget that Stallone is starting to get old. (too old for a new Rambo?)
It clearly shows in the pictures for The Expendables 2 (which I definitely want to see). In the movies he makes it starts to get a bit silly, but I like it when it is done like in RED, have you seen that?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
Dont forget that Stallone is starting to get old. (too old for a new Rambo?)
It clearly shows in the pictures for The Expendables 2 (which I definitely want to see). In the movies he makes it starts to get a bit silly, but I like it when it is done like in RED, have you seen that?

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
I too want to see The Expendables 2 (i really enjoyed the first one) But for me personally a 60years+ old Rambo is a bit too old. (But thats me)
I have the RED in my unwatched pile yet. Havent gotten around to see it, for alot of different reasons. But you recommand it yes? :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
I have the RED in my unwatched pile yet. Havent gotten around to see it, for alot of different reasons. But you recommand it yes? :)
I don't know if it matters, but I do ;)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »
Ofc it does! Thanks ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2012, 01:46:40 AM »
I liked Red too.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
Nice! :) I'll see if i got some time this weekend to check it out! :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »

Title: Red
Year: 2010
Director: Robert Schwentke
Rating: 15 years
Length: 111 Min.
Video: Widescreen :1
Audio: Engelsk: :
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Bruce Willis (1955)
Mary-Louise Parker
Heidi Von Palleske
Jefferson Brown
Karl Urban
Chris Owens

Plot:
Frank (Bruce Willis) is retired, bored and lonely living off his government pension in a nondescript suburb in an equally nondescript house. The only joy in Frank's life are his calls to the government pension processing center when he gets to talk to his case worker Sarah (Mary-Louis Parker). Sarah is as bored and lonely as Frank and marks her conversations with the unknown Frank and her spy novels as the only things fun in her life. When something in Frank's past forces Frank back into his old line of work and puts an unwitting Sarah in the middle of the intrigue, Frank and Sarah begin a journey into Franks past and the people he used to work with. Like Frank they are all RED ... Retired Extremely Dangerous.

Extras:

My Review:
Hm, i dont know what to say about this one really. I really had my highs up on this one. But for me it was a bit weird movie, a good mix between comedy and action. And it was nice to see 'all' those big names together, and the story was ok aswell. But with those names in the movie, i think they could have done alot better. But all in all, an ok movie. But i thought they would do alot more with it.

My Rating:
3/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »
Well, sorry you didn't like it more :laugh:

With this kind of a film it is always hard to balance expectations. On the other hands, the filmmakers might feel they already have all the aces so there may be no need to invest in story, etc. I'd have to see it again, but I think it was more fun to watch for all the old-timers getting at it than for a compelling story.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
Watched it again yesterday .. probably 6th time .. and I still love it.  Very enjoyable movie about old guys (and gal) being old guys (and gal).

Thought that the story was good and that the filming was good.  Was it an award winner .. nope .. but it was great entertainment.
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
The movie in itself was ok, and i too liked to the see the 'oldtimers' and the big names together and a movie, that both had me laugh, and some action scenes. And the story was ok as i said. BUT i think they could have done a bit more. Thats all. I mean (personally) if the movie only had unknown names in it (and not, Freeman, Willis etc) i dont think i would care about the movie. But again I am a big fan of both Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and i like the Die Hard movies aswell.
And i would like more advice of wich movies from those actors i could watch. :) All recommandations are really appreciated. :)
(But this is just my personal view on the movie)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »
Piffi, I wasn't putting down or dissing you thoughts.  All of our tastes run in different directions .. which is good.  I was just giving my 2 cents (for all that is worth)

As for suggestions on others by those actors .. Some of my favorites .. not all that I have or have seen for the actors, but more my favorites of theirs.

Morgan Freeman; "Clean and Sober" 1988, "Driving Miss Daisy" 1989, "The Bonfire of the Vanities" with Bruce Willis 1990, "Unforgiven" 1992", "The Shawshank Redemption" 1994, "Se7en" 1995, "Chain Reaction" 1996, "Kiss the Girls" 1997, "Hard Rain" 1998, "Under Suspicion" (also one of my favorites for Gene Hackman) 2000, "Along Came a Spider" 2001, "An Unfinished Life" 2005, "The Contract" 2006, "The Bucket List" 2007, "The Maiden Heist" 2009

Bruce Willis; All his early work in "Moonlighting" tv series, "Blind Date" 1987, "Sunset" 1988, all the Die Hard films, "The Last Boy Scout" 1991, "Death Becomes Her" 1992, "Striking Distance" 1993, "Color of Night" 1994, "12 Monkeys" 1995, "Last Man Standing" 1996, "The Fifth Element 1997, "Mercury Rising", "Armageddon" 1998, "The Sixth Sense" 1999, "The Whole Nine Yards" 2000, "Unbreakable" 2000, "Tears of the Sun" 2003, "The Whole Ten Yards" 2004, "Hostage" 2005, "Sin City" 2005, "16 Blocks", "Surrogates" 2009, "Catch .44" (this one is growing on me) 2011

John Malkovich "The Glass Menagerie" 1987, "Of Mice and Men" 1992, "Jennifer Eight" 1992, "In the Line of Fire" 1993, "Mary Reilly" 1996, "Con Air" 1997, "The Man in the Iron Mask" 1998, "Rounders" 1998, "Being John Malkovich" 1999, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" 2005, "Burn After Reading" 2008,
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:01:34 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
I didnt think you was dissing og putting down my thoughts. :) As you i always like a different view and opinion on movies. I think its good too. So please continue with that :)

And for all the suggestions i just have to say that i really appreciate it! :D I will take a look and see what i will get :)

Thank you. =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »
If i may, I would like to suggest "The Maiden Heist"

It stars  Christopher Walken, Morgan Freeman and William H. Macy.  A great ensemble cast.  It isn't an action film but a great quirky drama with great bits of humor.  Morgan Freeman is excellent in this, as are Christopher Walken and William H. Macy.  Two other great actors.
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »
Cool! Didnt know about that one. I will have that one in mind when i'm getting a few new movies next time! :) Thanks!
Its really appreciated =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas