Author Topic: Game: Semi-important movie plot points  (Read 7343 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Game: Semi-important movie plot points
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 07:35:40 AM »
He ended up as a cook. ;)

The one who hit the superior officer?   :hmmmm:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »
He ended up as a cook. ;)

The one who hit the superior officer?   :hmmmm:

The very same.

In essence: He hit a superior officer, thereby becoming a cook and also some very important information became not available to the villain of the plot. If you know what the information is you'll know why it was important the villain didn't get it and why it therefore was important that the cook hit the officer.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:26:32 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Halo2

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:18 AM »
After so many clues of the sub-plot to a movie, and actor I enjoy, I finally realized who the actor was and what movie it was. Since I have no talent for intricant sub-plot trivia and would not be able to do this game justice, I PMed DJ my guess and he graciously confirmed that I had finally gotten it. I attribute this to having watched the movie several times and having most of the movies this actor has been in within my collection.

Think about it. If "you" could come up with Con-Air from the limited information DJ gave you, this should be easy if you have ever seen the movie.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »
I'm sure it's a Steven Seagal film but cannot for the life of me think of the title.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »
I'm sure it's a Steven Seagal film but cannot for the life of me think of the title.
Since I only know the answer thanks to Dave's tip he should start the next round if it is Under Siege. I might be able to eventually get some of these answers, but this game is so over my head I couldn't start the new round...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
Since I only know the answer thanks to Dave's tip he should start the next round if it is Under Siege. I might be able to eventually get some of these answers, but this game is so over my head I couldn't start the new round...

Thanks Achim, that's the film I was thinking of  :thumbup:.

Like you though, I can get some of the answers but coming up with the question is something else.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
OK, lets answer this:

It was important that Casey Ryback hit that superior officer because now he could only serve as a cook and his personnel file was sealed in the captain's safe. Said file identified him as a former seal, an information that slipped by Cmdr. Krill and him being a cook also let him appear as a non-target when they overtook the USS Missouri in Under Siege.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
OK, something simple:

Why was it important that this non-lifeform thing was "brothers" with another one of its kind?
Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 06:12:36 AM »
OK, something simple:

Why was it important that this non-lifeform thing was "brothers" with another one of its kind?
:stars:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »
OK, something simple:

Hint: The "brother" was owned by the bad guy.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
 :surrender:

Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 06:56:54 PM »
Let me see here...
Do you mean the part of Voldemort that was in Harry, making him the final horcrux that Voldemort didn't know about?  Once that bit was dead, Voldemort was more vulnerable, especially since he believed Harry was dead and he didn't see anyone else standing up to him and trying to kill him.

Or did you mean about Harry and Voldemort's wands both having one tail feather from Fawkes as their core?  That aided into the spirits of the last people Voldemort killing being able to appear to Harry in the graveyeard and the spritis helped him, giving him enough time to get back to the port key with Ceddric's body.  Voldemort's wand never did what he wanted it to against Harry.  Though when he took Lucious's wand, it didn't work for him either.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
Or did you mean about Harry and Voldemort's wands both having one tail feather from Fawkes as their core?  That aided into the spirits of the last people Voldemort killing being able to appear to Harry in the graveyeard and the spritis helped him, giving him enough time to get back to the port key with Ceddric's body.  Voldemort's wand never did what he wanted it to against Harry.  Though when he took Lucious's wand, it didn't work for him either.

I meant the wand. Posting that video was basically me giving up on you all.  :tease: Ollivander explicitly calls Harry's and Tom's wands brothers and it was important that they were because wands with a core that comes from the same magical being cannot be used in battle against each other. That was emphazided both in the books :book: and the movies. :tv:
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
I didn't watch the video..just saw that it was for Harry Potter...and I came up with those two ideas.

I remember the brother wand thing from the books :p  and the movies.  :p   :tease:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 07:04:43 AM »
I meant the wand. Posting that video was basically me giving up on you all.  :tease: Ollivander explicitly calls Harry's and Tom's wands brothers and it was important that they were because wands with a core that comes from the same magical being cannot be used in battle against each other. That was emphazided both in the books :book: and the movies. :tv:
I have done this :book: and this :tv: and never really got that part of not being able to battle against each other. :bag: They do/try so only once, right, whci would be at the end of Goblet of Fire? Later on Harry's wand breaks and Voldemort exchanges his to that other famous one, so the second battle is not with the brothers.

This game is soooo over my head :hysterical: