Author Topic: DVD Profiler HTML Templates  (Read 3685 times)

Najemikon

DVD Profiler HTML Templates
« on: March 23, 2012, 10:50:47 PM »
Hey guys, Wonder if one of you wizards can give me a hand with something!

Some of us are using a cool little template that Tom made for our reviews. It runs from a HTML window in Profiler and automatically pulls in cast/crew data and a link to the cover, making it a doddle to publish a consistently formatted review.

I'd very much like to do something similar for my MovieGoose blog. I want to get all my reviews on there and start using it properly, but part of the thing that puts me off is the amount of editing I have to do to get a neat and consistent design for the review posts. The template I use for this site is so fast in comparison, not least because I don't have to worry about where the picture is hosted.

So I've created the template and it works a treat within Profiler, but of course, I have nothing to export to copy as HTML code into my blog post. Can any of you think of a way to bridge the gap?

Ta,

Jon

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Profiler HTML Templates
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 02:37:37 AM »
So I've created the template and it works a treat within Profiler, but of course, I have nothing to export to copy as HTML code into my blog post. Can any of you think of a way to bridge the gap?
While it's obviously a tad easier with BB code I think your problem here is tht you "made it work". You have to think in the way that you want to display the HTML... I haven't done it in a while, but I mean to display the brackets via coding rather than just typing then (hope that makes sense).

Have you tried right-clicking and selecting View Source? Not sure if that comes up as a choice though.

So I tried it now. If it's just about the two brackets than you need to use < and >. Using these will actually display the brackets rather than using it together with the stuff in between as code. Other special character can be found here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:49:11 AM by Achim »

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 02:54:36 AM »
Good grief. I could have sworn I'd checked View Source.  :-[ That might do it. I need to fiddle with the script, but it's almost there. Thanks for the link though as I think you may have sent me on an easier path anyway with that...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 04:23:47 AM »
Good grief. I could have sworn I'd checked View Source.  :-[
You might, and would have found it down's work as nicely. A lot of Ken's Javascript shows up in that making it more of a hassle than if you write your HTML window once to display your review code.

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »
Yeah, that's what I'm finding, but I should be able to knock something up now.