Author Topic: Roswell Episode Reviews  (Read 4123 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Roswell Episode Reviews
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 01:38:05 AM »

After growing up in Roswell believing they were the only aliens on Earth, Max, Isabel and Michael are still struggling to accept Tess, another alien who claims to have originally arrived on the planet with them. Her revelation that she and Max are destined to be together and that Isabel and Michael are likewise destined continues to be painful for everyone involved, especially for their human friends Liz, Maria and Alex. Yet even as the group bands together to battle a new alien threat, the mysterious death of Alex leads Liz and Maria to suspect there's an even more deadly enemy among them—one with a secret agenda that could alter their lives forever.

Episodes:
1. Skin and Bones
2. Ask Not
3. Surprise
4. Summer of '47
5. The End of the World
6. Harvest
7. Wipeout!
8. Meet the Dupes
9. Max in the City
10. A Roswell Christmas Carol
11. To Serve and Protect
12. We Are Family
13. Disturbing Behavior
14. How the Other Half Lives
15. Viva Las Vegas
16. Heart of Mine
17. Cry Your Name
18. It's Too Late, and It's Too Bad
19. Baby, It's You
20. Off the Menu
21. The Departure
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »

1. SKIN AND BONES
Max tries to protect Michael, Isabel, Tess and himself by covering up the murder of Agent Pierce only to have Nasedo reveal that there is yet another enemy tracking down the Royal Four.

My Thoughts:
This is a good start to the new season. The past relationships all seem to be up in the air at this point. I am really not sure what I think of the new characters yet... but time will tell.

My Rating:

2. ASK NOT
After Nasedo's death Max senses he has to assume more of a leadership position and also realizes that Tess will be safer if she moves in with Sheriff Valenti and Kyle.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. This one introduces yet another new character. This one taking over the UFO Tourist Center.

My Rating:

3. SURPRISE
While Isabel receives a disturbing vision concerning Tess, Liz discovers a taped phone conversation between herself and Maria in Congresswoman Whitaker's office.

My Thoughts:
Really an excellent episode here. This one takes place on Isabel's birthday. So there were a bit of fun mixed into this one. But not that much... as it mainly advances the season long storyline.

My Rating:

4. SUMMER OF '47
Michael is stunned when he interviews a soldier who was in Roswell at the time of the "big crash" in 1947 and who reveals that eight, not four, alien pods were recovered.

My Thoughts:
Another episode that seemed to be played more for fun. As Michael is being told the story we see the main characters of the series play out the story being told. It does seem they were a bit out of their element while playing characters from 1947. This is either because they are young actors playing characters so long before their time... or it was done this way on purpose to show the viewers the difference between the story being told and the present time. But I don't see why the later would be needed.

My Rating:

Extras on This Disc:
- Commentary on Ask Not
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 01:16:45 AM »

5. THE END OF THE WORLD
Liz is visited by an older version of Max who says he has returned from the future because their relationship drove Tess from Roswell, and without Tess the Royal Four will not survive.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this episode... though it is a little on the sad side. It makes you think that Max and Liz will never get  back together.

My Rating:

6. HARVEST
As the Skins gather together to receive their new husks, Michael learns that there is a group of renegade Skins who believe he should have ruled their home planet, not Max.

My Thoughts:
While a good episode... it wasn't as good as the previous. While I found the story interesting... the characters of the Skins really just didn't pull me in as much as they should have.

My Rating:

7. WIPEOUT!
In retaliation for interfering with their Harvest, the Skins arrive in Roswell to hunt down Max, Michael, Isabel and Tess.

My Thoughts:
This one seems to finish off the storyline of the Skins. Or at least I hope so as it hasn't been the most entertaining of storylines for the series.

My Rating:

8. MEET THE DUPES
Max, Michael, Isabel and Tess meet three of the occupants from the other four pods; aliens who look exactly like Michael, Isabel and Tess, and who believe they, not the Roswell group, are the Royal Four.

My Thoughts:
This episode is more entertaining then the last couple episodes. It is a fun episode... watching the main stars playing two different versions of their character. One set their normal everyday clean cut characters... the other New York City street punks. This also turns out to be part one of a multiple part episode.

My Rating:

Extras on This Disc:
- No Extras on This Disc :(
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »

9. MAX IN THE CITY
Max and Tess arrive in N.Y.C. to meet with the leaders of their home star system, unaware that Max's counterpart was killed by the other three counterparts and Max is in similar danger.

My Thoughts:
This is a good conclusion to the last episode. I definitely enjoyed it. Not really too much to say other then that.

My Rating:

10. A ROSWELL CHRISTMAS CAROL
In an effort to alleviate his guilt over not using his powers to save a man hit by a car, Max sneaks into a hospital and attempts to heal a little girl dying of cancer.

My Thoughts:
Excellent episode. I enjoyed every second of it. Not only is it a good Roswell episode... it is a good Christmas episode. I love the story of Max saving the cancer kids... and really enjoyed the whole Isabel being the "Christmas Nazi" storyline. Though I gotta say... Tess was doing a pretty good job at being a "Christmas Nazi" herself. Though in her case she had the right to act that way.

My Rating:

11. TO SERVE AND PROTECT
Isabel enlists Sheriff Valenti's help after she receives numerous flashes of a young girl being kidnapped then buried alive somewhere near Roswell.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. It brings along the season long arc nicely.

My Rating:

12. WE ARE FAMILY
Laurie Dupree, the girl who Isabel and Sheriff Valenti saved, suddenly claims she is being pursued by aliens and the conflicting information on the case causes Valenti to lose his job.

My Thoughts:
Some reason this one just didn't keep my interest. While watching this episode... before I knew it I was online reading some web pages and this episode no more then playing in the background. Giving it enough attention to just listen to the story.

My Rating:

Extras on This Disc:
- Commentary on A Roswell Christmas Carol
Pete