Author Topic: Your top 5 television shows of all time?  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Your top 5 television shows of all time?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 11:19:52 PM »
So wonder why it was cancled so quick.

The wonders of FOX.

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »
First two I have to go with Québec shows.

La vie la vie
La petite vie

Then it would be
Grey's anatomy
Star Trek -  The Next Generation

I really don't know what to put in 5th place.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 02:24:36 AM »
So wonder why it was cancled so quick.

The wonders of FOX.

More like the idiot dumbasses - pardon my language - at FOX.  They never gave the show a chance.  They aired it out of order..bounced it around the schedule to different nights and times when they didn't prempt it for baseball playoffs.  I watched the show when it was on originally.  I saw all the episodes when they aired, and that was extremely difficult to do because of how it was bounced around the schedule. 

Yes I'm still irked about it being cancelled.  I have issues.   :laugh:

I think I also blame Rupert Murdoch like Sheldon...Murdoch owns FOX, so he has to get at least some of the blame.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »
Tough, tough topic.

In no particular order.
Justified - this is probably more of a guilty pleasure than favourite, but it does have the current best theme tuneof any tv show.
Battlestar Galactica (reboot) - After my initial displeasure of making Starbuck and Boomer women, I got over it and gave it a chance and haven't regretted it since.
True Blood - Brought Vampires back from being sparkling little bitches. Also points for a great theme tune
Twin Peaks - A great mystery that was just out at the right time for me to really be taking an interest in film/television beyond special effects and stunts
Babylon 5 - This had what Star Trek was missing, a grimness. Although DS9 was the better for having this for comparrison/competition.

Honourable mentions
Firefly (the only reason this isn't in the main list is because of the low episode number)
Dexter (only one below par season nemesis)
Oz (if this doesn't give you pause for thought before breaking the law, nothing will)
Buffy tVS/Angel (this was in the main list, but for how much I've enjoyed it and some great episodes and writing it just doesn't quite belong at the top)
Strike Back (boys own adventure type malarkay that only has a very tenuous awareness of reality, it's great fun though)
Space: Above & Beyond (interesting riff on WW2 stories, but again too few episodes [Fox strike again])
Castle (good fun, but not quite good enough to go into the main list)
Sons of Anarchy (no particular reason, but the subtlties of the writing and acting are very good)
Grimm (only part way through the second season, but with more of the same calibre then this could replace something in the main list)
Walkin Dead (just because)
Magnum P.I. (just about the only show from my childhood that isn't too hokey or cheesey)
Boardwalk Empire (interesting, that this period of history isn't familiar for me. Richard is now one of my favourite all time characters)
Legend of the Nine Tailed Fox (A Korean fantasy story that would probably appeal to those that like Buffy/Grimm)