Author Topic: Bah! Humbug!  (Read 1417 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Bah! Humbug!
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
I am so far away from the Christmas spirit it is unreal! So not into it this year... my mood is so down! I don't know... maybe it is because I realized this morning just how close it is to the anniversary of my wife's death. Or maybe it is how bad the economy is right now. Or the mixture of the two. But I am just so down and out.

Anyone else having a hard time (near impossible) getting into the Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule Time spirit?
Pete

samuelrichardscott

Re: Bah! Humbug!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
Christmas will always be tough if you've lost someone around that time. I hope things pick up for you as much as possible.

Personally, I'm just not a Christmas person. I like the piss-ups but that's about it. The rest is just so over-marketed, I've started disliking this time of year more and more over the years.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »
Like Sam, I am not a Christmas person. In that regard I am lucky to live in a place where Christmas is virtually non-existant :D

So, no, I am not in the mood for Christmas and I like it like that. But I can see how your mood is ruined by those other thoughts occupying your mind... Hope you get back to happier thoughts soon.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:43 AM »
All of you make me feel as if I was the only one in the Christmas mood :(
But the fact I've two nephews and two nieces is mostly the reason as it is mostly a children celebration. For the adult who are single like me this is just another excuse to get drunk :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
I found most of the depression has subsided. For now at least. So I am feeling a bit better. Not so much to say that I am in the Christmas mood yet. But I think I may be getting there.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 12:56:33 PM »
Maybe this will help :whistle:
Common Pete give it a try, it's the Wolfman I've found exceptionally for you ;D
(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »
Very Cool!... of course the mute function helps!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 01:20:11 AM »
I'm a giant Christmas person.  But I've not found the mood yet either.  For a number of reasons.  Hopefully getting a tree up or some presents purchased will help.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 07:46:41 AM »
I like Christmas..I like to decorate anyway. :)

The tree is kind of done..all the lights are on and most of the ornaments.  I have a lot of Hallmark ornaments, so still more of those to put on..plus the new ones I've gotten this year.  Most of them are Disney or Looney Tunes characters.  I was going to try to finish with the ornaments after work today, but I didn't get to it.  I decided to play World of Warcraft for a while instead.  Maybe tomorrow.

I've also been writing reviews of some of my ornaments.  Just thought I'd try writing about one Harry Potter one...just because it's tied to Potter..and I've done more.  I'll probably still do a few more.

I don't like having to go into most stores this time of year though..the crowds make me a bit crazy.  I stopped in one Hallmark store like 2 weeks ago, and thought I was going to lose my mind...all this nosy stuff going at once.  Singing stuffed animals or whatever they were, and this display thing showing off this microphone thing that makes people sound like elves.  That was so loud it was horrible.  And it didn't help that one of the employees was going around turning on more of the stuff.  I've started some shopping, but I haven't done much.

BigTim

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
I so completely sympathize.  I am in a "Christmas Follies" Acting troupe this year and even that isn't getting me into the mood.  The tree is up.. decorations up...  about half the outside lights are done.  Even decorated the Golf Cart I drive around the neighborhood with Lights and Bells... but... Just can't get that happy happy joy joy feeling inside.  I'm just kind of running on Auto Pilot doing what I do each year.  Any Ideas anyone?  How do you get into the spirit?... so desperately trying to NOT be Bah Humbuggy...

Big Tim

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »
I wish I knew. It just isn't happening for me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:19:07 PM »
A strong depression is hitting me again. But I really not surprised about this. The anniversary of my wife's death is only a few days away now (Saturday the 17th). I get down like this every year. I think the whole surprise package coming that has to be opened right away kept my mind off it yesterday. But today when I found myself getting a little short with my brother reminded me just how close to the anniversary we are. And it seems that realization hit me a little hard. :(
Pete

BigTim

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »
My Condolences My Friend...  These times and anniversaries like this are hard enough but with the Holidays in full swing... probably makes it even more bittersweet.

Best Wishes and Thoughts are coming your way from me.

Big Tim