Author Topic: Help me choose computer speakers.  (Read 6232 times)

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Help me choose computer speakers.
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Talk about efficiency............I'm on the phone with the rep from Videotron...........he says "So Mr. Gagne I'm going to cancel your serv....", I hear a click and that's it, my phone line is disconnected  :hysterical:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »
That was fast :laugh:
He didn't even try to make you change your decision by offering you an awesome special price for a new package deal offer :stars:

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
I posted two messages back to back Jimmy, check the one before the "click" story, he did try to convince me.  He offered to cut 4$/month on my phone line and he also tried to convince me to keep my TV Service with a basic package but I refused.  I don't want tv service anymore......................out of my house.

Bad thing though IMO, he tried to convince me to keep my phone line at home in case of emergency because emergency services can locate you when you dial 911 from a ground line but not a cell phone.

I don't care.........................we all gotta die sooner or later........................my life isn't worth 15$/month :hysterical:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 05:57:24 PM »
OK now that sound more like them :laugh:
Never seen the other post, when I clicked on the new message blu-thingy it jump dirrectly at the second pages.

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
We live in a strange world.  It seems very difficult for people to accept the idea that a person doesn't want a TV service anymore.

My TV service is still working but my phone isn't so I was wondering if he actually cancelled the TV or if he decided to wait since our conversation was cut when he cancelled my phone line.

I called back to verify, end up on another rep, he looks at the notes in my account and tells me that he can see I decided to cancel my services to go to a competitor................but it's not true.  The first guy asked me and I made it clear at least two times. I said that I was not going to a competitor, that I was cancelling my service because I no longer want/need a TV subscription but apparently he didn't believe that and wrote in the notes that I was going to a competitor although I told him it wasn't the case.

Is it so difficult for Videotron to believe that someone doesn't want to pay for  "Occupation Double" or "Le Banquier" ?   :redcard:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »
I can tell you it was the same last month when I cancel my phone line with Bell...
I had to call at least four times before they finally did it...
They couldn't believe I don't need a phone line...
Of course it was just for internet and a phone was never plug on the line...

Kind of pathetic that we have to be rude with an unknown guy (who kind of pissed me off when he answered me in english) to get rid of something we don't need. I already have a free phone line where I live, why would I pay 28$ a month only for an internet connection I don't use anymore...

Good thing my cable is free and I don't have to deal with the Quebecor empire...

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »
I guess cancelling my tv service makes me humanity's top weirdo, even my mother didn't understand that I don't want TV anymore, she asked me 3 times if I was allright  ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 09:58:49 PM »
The way our TV is around here this is mostly background noise (with very few exceptions). We can do the same with the radio, an MP3 reader our a dvd and those things cost us nothing... OK the movie spending budget is probably high for all of us here :laugh:

I don't pay for the cable, but if it wouldn't be the case I would leave without it easilly...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:37 AM »
I guess cancelling my tv service makes me humanity's top weirdo, even my mother didn't understand that I don't want TV anymore, she asked me 3 times if I was allright  ;D

Nope, I beat you to it. As of Oct 19th I cancelled my digital TV service. I did it via letter a few months ago. When I came home in the last week before cancellation I had a missed phone call from the same number every day. They were probably trying to convince me to stay. Even though I would have said no they probably should have tried to call in the evening hours or at least on a saturday (not that I'm not grateful that they didn't).

Over the last year I doubt I watched real TV worth more than a day. Probably less. Years ago I used to go to sleep watching the midnight news but even that has ceased.

Technically I still have the analog channels but I don't watch them either.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:25:10 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
When I came home in the last week before cancellation I had a missed phone call from the same number every day.

Could have been something else also. I have a missed phone from the same number every day for weeks now. Only once or twice I was at home when they called on a Saturday, but I refused to answer it.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
Could have been something else also. I have a missed phone from the same number every day for weeks now. Only once or twice I was at home when they called on a Saturday, but I refused to answer it.

If you're curious, try googling the number. Quite often they are well known.
Matthias

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »

If you're curious, try googling the number. Quite often they are well known.

I already did, but there was no real result for it.

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 02:56:01 PM »
Technically I still have the analog channels but I don't watch them either.

As of the end of August this year the tv stations stopped broadcasting in Analog as per regulation.  Everything is digital now but they are still required to broadcast OTA.

Last night I pulled out my rabbit ears and connected them to my TV's ATSC tuner to see what I could get.  It took me a while but I found the right position and I'm getting 100% signal strength.  That gives me 5 HD channels over the air (SRC, CBC, TVA, CTV, Tele-Quebec).

I don't want tv service anymore but I still want to be able to watch the new when there's an election or a special event.   I already ordered a Hauppauge HD Tuner card for my PC and a smaller/better antenna.  Gonna do everything through the PC, XBMC for DVD's and WMC for TV.

I'm also glad to report that I haven't forgotten everything and I can still play guitar decently  ;D