Author Topic: Roger Back in the Hospital  (Read 2737 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Roger Back in the Hospital
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
Roger posted to one of the E-Mail groups we are on together that he is back in the hospital. He wrote...

I missed dialysis and they called my family. My dad came to my front door...I opened it and fell down. He said I was acting goofy. My blood sugar was very low so they brought me to the emergency room. They put me in a room and brought me a tray of food. I don't know what will happen next. My brother is saying I need to give up my cats, though, because he says I can't take care of them.

I hope you feel better real soon Roger!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Back in the Hospital
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »
Just saw a second E-Mail to the group that they got him straight and he is back home. And was to see his regular doctor this morning.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
Thanks for letting everyone know, Pete.  You might say I cheated death again with this bout of low blood sugar.  Donelle, one of the nurses at my dialysis clinic, knew I never miss a session so when I failed to show, she called my family who came looking for me.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
I am glad you are feeling better... but you need to take better care of yourself. Eat Man... Eat!  :tease:

Seriously... it don't sound like you can afford to be missing meals.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »
Glad to see you're fine Roger ;D
Start doing like me and eat 4 chocolate bar a day that will help with the lack of sugar and chocolate is full of energy "vitamine" :whistle:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »
I'm glad to hear you're home and safe. Please take care of yourself.

If you're worried about your cats - buy one of those self feeders that provides food and water for several days.

Tell your brother that animals help one's immune system, blood pressure and have all kinds of health benefits...or you could tell him to mind his own business!  :laugh:

Rogmeister

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:19:44 PM »
I had one of those feeders but I threw it out when my cat got fat.  Maybe I should get another?  I do have a water feeder bottle thing.  Hmmm, don't know about that chocolate theory!   ::)

My doctor told me to cut my diabetes pills in half.  I'm having a test on Saturday to see if I need them at all anymore.

I do have high blood pressure...so that's a reason to keep my cats.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:54:17 AM »
I'm glad you're feeling better.  You definitely need to eat. 
Even if you don't want to eat chocolate daily, or don't think you should, it wouldn't hurt to have some in the house for when your blood sugar drops.  My mom can tell when her's gets too low and she'll eat a candy bar to get it back up. 
Have you been testing your blood sugar?

Rogmeister

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:16 PM »
Yes, I have been testing my blood sugar...though perhaps not as often as I should.  I'm trying to correct that now.

BigTim

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 01:41:36 PM »
Don't know you .. But I'm a brittle diabetic.  I have been on Insulin Pumps and U-500 Insulin for years.  I'm off of them since I lost 118 pounds after LapBand surgery.  I still test regularly though.  I set an alarm clock and do NOT shut it off until AFTER I've tested 3 times a day.  Just one of many ideas I'm sure.  Regular testing is key though.  I'll be praying for you buddy.  Take care and God Bless ya for not giving up.  Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Tim

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 07:10:35 AM »
Ok...wasn't trying to nag or anything...Just concerned. :)

Rogmeister

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »
As if I didn't have enough going on, I found out last night my car battery had run down.  I have a battery charger so incept that hooked up overnight and the car did start this morning.  Then I took it to an auto shop.  They checked and said both battery and alternator seem to be fine.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
Turn off the lights when the engine is not running ( :laugh: )

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:01:14 AM »
My battery ran down once when I didn't get one of the doors completely closed..I hadn't noticed, but that left the interior light on.

Rogmeister

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
That's not the problem with mine.  I think my starter may have gone bad.  I'll have that looked at the next time I take it in.