Author Topic: RossRoy's Random Viewings  (Read 295704 times)

RossRoy

Re: RossRoy's Random Viewings
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
The british amazon is always efficient like this and they arrive here faster than Amazon US delivery.
While they may generally be more effective, but this was even on a Sunday!

That's what surprised me so much!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »
I've gotten emails on Sundays about orders being shipped from Amazon at times. 

RossRoy

« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Farscape: Season 3

I'll let my review stand, because it is still true, but I just realised that I haven't been paying attention enough during some episodes at the end of S3 and am now completely lost at the beginning of S4. So I'm rewatching the last 8 episodes of S3. I'm already starting to pick up story threads I missed previously  :bag:

That'll teach me to build these while watching:
Walking AT-AT
Space Shuttle

(click to show/hide)

I've also watched the interview with Gigi Edgley (Chianna - the grey girl)... Chianna is a bit crazy on the show, but form the interview, Gigi also has a refreshing crazy edge... I think I'm in love! (along with millions of other fans no doubt)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:19:27 PM by RossRoy »

Najemikon

« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
Lego!  :thumbup: :clap:

Najemikon

« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2010, 02:40:45 AM »
You're in good company, Sébastien. David Beckham was on Jonathan Ross' final show tonight and said he loves Lego! Bought a Taj Mahal while in Spain, but ran out of time to finish it, so left it behind. :thumbup:

RossRoy

« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2010, 02:45:50 AM »
Nice!

I can't find it on Lego's site, but I saw a review of this upcoming set
http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2010/07/tbs-techreview-10-8043-motorized.html
and it is tickling my fancy! Love it!

They also some awesome collector Star Wars sets - but they're way too expensive!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #531 on: July 17, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »
I had Legos when I was younger..I never could make anything though.  Houses with no doors, windows, and definitely no roof.   :laugh:

I haven't tried any of the sets..I've seen some cool ones I've been tempted by, but I don't know that I could do them.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
I haven't tried any of the sets..I've seen some cool ones I've been tempted by, but I don't know that I could do them.
The instructions are very detailed nowadays. ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2010, 07:16:17 AM »
The instructions are very detailed nowadays. ;)

and from what I remember - they were pretty detailed back when I was young too

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »
I may try one sometime. 

I never had any sets to build anything specific.  Just had the blocks..things for doors and windows that never could use.  Though I was like 7 or so then.

I did see some cool sets tied in to Toy Story 3 recently...expensive though.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »
I only had a big bucket with the Lego pieces inside. :bag:

RossRoy

« Reply #536 on: July 17, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »
I only had a big bucket with the Lego pieces inside. :bag:

Yeah I had that too.. but I also had a few sets with instructions.

Marie, the instructions a pretty detailed, but it can take a while to build. That AT-AT walker took me 4 arns and the shuttle took 6 arns.. granted I'm probably a bit slow because I like to dump all the pieces in a bucket and then look for parts in there (instead of opening each bag in order) but still, assembling 1200+ little lego pieces takes a while - even with instructions - especially when it's hard to differenciate between is it a red light or an orange light? is that part dark grey or black? the booklet doesn't help you too much with some colors.. even clear vs yellow can be hard to distinguish in the book..

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
I had a lot of Lego bricks (even windows, doors and roof pieces). They weren't from a set with instructions. They could be bought like this.
But mostly I played with Lego Technic (don't know how if it is called like that outside of Germany). My first one was a sports car with working gears and pop-up headlights. The second instructions (I loved how they were instructions to build two or more different things with the same pieces) was for a jeep if I remember correctly.

RossRoy

« Reply #538 on: July 17, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
I had a lot of Lego bricks (even windows, doors and roof pieces). They weren't from a set with instructions. They could be bought like this.
But mostly I played with Lego Technic (don't know how if it is called like that outside of Germany). My first one was a sports car with working gears and pop-up headlights. The second instructions (I loved how they were instructions to build two or more different things with the same pieces) was for a jeep if I remember correctly.

They're called Lego Technic here ia North America too. Actually, the AT-AT Walker I built has a lot of Technic-type parts in it. It's motorized and actually moves after all  :laugh:

I also have a few Star Wars set as Technics - C3PO, a Stormtrooper, one of those big tri-legged brown droid Droideka and one of the beige army droid B1 Battle Droid from the prequels (can't remember their name!  :bag:)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:20:31 PM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
Farscape: Season 3

I've refinished S3 yesterday. Great stuff! I'm quite happy to have gone back because I had missed some great moments!

Problem is - I will still be just as lost watching S4 because they start S4 a LONG period of time after the S3 finale (they say "Some Time Later" - but John, who's usually impeccably shaved, now has a Tom-Hanks-at-the-end-of-Cast-Away beard)