Author Topic: Captain America: The First Avenger  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Captain America: The First Avenger
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:40:44 AM »
Captain America. The First Avenger

I made a point of seeing Captain America in 2D. Only by making a choice like that we can stop the madness :laugh:

I quite liked it. I thought they tried hard to walk around the pitfalls that come with a film about a superhero whose name has America in it. I am not easily offended by such things but still noticed how toned down it felt.

I quite enjoyed the origins story in this one; I was not aware that Captain America was/is a man-made superhero. My favorite actor in this was Stanley Tucci as the German scientist who escaped the Nazis to created the program that would create Captain America. Tony Stark's father was pretty much just like him :laugh:

The best special effect must have been to make Chris Evans so skinny.

While this movie plays during the second world war, it does tie in with the upcoming The Avengers movies. Strongly looking forward to that now.

My Rating: (a weak)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »
I really enjoyed this one. 

Did you stay through the credits? :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:12:22 AM »
I really enjoyed this one. 

Did you stay through the credits? :)
Yes. :thumbup: (Although I found what was shown using to much to fast-cutting.)

The friend I was with was even more surprised that about 90% of the audience waited through the credits :laugh: Word seems to have gotten around that there is always an extra tidbit at the end of the Marvel films...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
I thought it was a bit fast too..but it was still cool. :)

I've been staying through them for a while now...after I found out that there was the extra scene at the end of Iron Man. :) 
Well over half of the audience waited through the credits when I saw the movie.  And there was cheering when it played.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
I saw it in 2D also.  I didn't think to stay through the credits.  What did I miss?

MEJHarrison

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »
I saw it and really enjoyed it.  Saw 2D also.  Wanted 3D, but the oldest boy gets headaches, so we went for the 2D.

And I also missed the ending credits.  I knew I should stay, but my 8 year old managed to down an entire large soda all by himself.  And he sat there like a trouper through the whole thing.  But when the credits started, he just HAD to find the bathroom. :laugh: So I missed it.  But I'll catch it when the Blu-ray comes out and it will give me something to look forward to I guess.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 06:07:25 AM »
I saw it in 2D also.  I didn't think to stay through the credits.  What did I miss?
I wasnt ignoring this :bag:

(click to show/hide)

Biut maybe you already found the spoilers in the other thread...?

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
I saw this on Tuesday afternoon. Also in 2D and stayed past the end credits, I had heard there was something. An enjoyable film, looking forward to the Blu-ray release now.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.