Author Topic: Bored to Death: The Complete First Season  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Bored to Death: The Complete First Season
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:59:23 AM »
I watched some of Bored to Death during the first season on HBO, though I missed some of the episodes.  I watched the second season as it aired and I really enjoy the show.  When I found the first season of the show on sale, I decided to pick up the Blu-ray. 

It is a half hour show, so it is shorter than some of the other HBO shows.  The show is about a writer who decides to act like a private detective after his live in girlfriend dumps him.  The cases he ends up working on usually seem to be normal at first, but then something happens to sort of twist them a bit.  His friends, Ray and George end up helping on some of the cases...or at least trying to help before they get so stoned they don't have a clue what is going on.  There is a decent amount of humor to what is going on, but it is a bit twisted.  The show is really entertaining and I love how I never know what sort of mess Jonathan and his friends will end up in next.  The cases he takes add a little mystery to what is going on, but the mystery isn't really strong. 

The characters are all a mess in some way.  Jonathan, Ray, and George get along well even though they are different from each other.  They still have some of the same problems, most with relationships.  They all spend at least a little time in every episode smoking pot and some of the funny stuff happens when they are high.  Some of what happens could offend some viewers.  This is not a family friendly show by any stretch of the imagination.

I got the first season on Blu-ray when Amazon had it on sale..I think it was 19.99 when I got it.  The picture quality is wonderful throughout all the episodes.  The set has 2 discs, with 4 episodes per disc.  There are few entertaining extras too.  I think the DVD set has the same extras.  The set is a good pick for fans of the show. 

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Bored to Death - The Complete First Season