Author Topic: Mad Men continues  (Read 1096 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Mad Men continues
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:06:51 AM »
:heat: After long negotiations between Matt Weiner and AMC, Mad Men will continue for two (effectively three) more seasons with season 5 starting in March 2012. The final compromise is somewhat odd as it will result in the original broadcast versions being cut 2 minutes short and the full episodes being later available on VOD and DVD.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/matt-weiner-closes-deal-for-mad-men-series-renewed-for-2-more-seasons/
http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/matt-weiner-these-are-the-last-three-seasons-of-mad-men/
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Mad Men continues
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:17:56 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 11:02:15 AM »
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I noticed that you somehow had become a fan, despite earlier reservations.   :)
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
My problem is that I can't be convinced in the classical sense. I'm either interested in something or I'm not. And no matter what people try to convince me that something is good, if I'm not interested I won't watch it. I've had people borrow me stuff to check it out. I politely returned it a few weeks later, claiming I didn't have the time to check it out. Sometimes it's a curse. I guess I am the proverbial donkey.

And then comes the day where I'm bored enough or just stumble over it by accident (e.g. zapping through the channels). And once I'm hooked, I'm committed.

This happened with Mad Men when I stumbled over the pilot episode on zdf_neo in the dead of the night.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:29:06 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools