Author Topic: Criticker  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Criticker
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:25:06 AM »
I have a new obsession...Criticker

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Criticker
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:06:07 AM »
There is also Flixster, also available through a Facebook app, which several people here have been using, in the past, occasionally, more or less... You also rate a bunch of movies, can then compare your preferences with your friends. I forgot if it does recommendations as well.

Or do I misunderstand the service...?

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:15:48 AM »
I tried Flixster but I didn't like the way it is set up. You basically see two movie posters and pick which film you like better. It then reloads two new films and you repeat the process. It becomes monotonous after a while. At least with Criticker you can filter by actor, director or genre and rate multiple films.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:27:03 AM »
I tried Flixster but I didn't like the way it is set up. You basically see two movie posters and pick which film you like better. It then reloads two new films and you repeat the process. It becomes monotonous after a while. At least with Criticker you can filter by actor, director or genre and rate multiple films.
Stange, that is not how I remember the Facebook app; I haven't actually used the site itself, but I also have the iPhone/iPad app. Anyway, there I would get lists of films and if I had seen them I would rate them with up to five stars (half stars available). In the iOS versions the rating can be slightly more cumbersome, but at least you can search by title.

If the site works/worked as you say than that is indeed rather stupid. Just comparing two films doesn't end up creating a profile of your taste...

While it would mean I'd have to start over, I'll have a closer look at Criticker.

EDIT:
Signed up; username ya_shin. Haven't rated anything yet, as I am not used to rate on a scale from 0-100. Then again, I could just use round numbers... :hmmmm:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:37:28 AM by Achim »

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »
I use Flixter for reference and your description of rating the films is how I think of it, Achim.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:57:22 PM »
I stand corrected it's not Flixster, but another site whose name I can't recall now.