Author Topic: Jon's Fault  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Jon's Fault
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 05:41:58 AM »
Jon probably thought I finally gave up blaming him for some of my purchases...but nope, I'm back with more blame.   :laugh:  I just saved some up.

I now have all of the new run of Doctor Who that is out.  I think I mentioned when I got both parts of series six..and The Christmas Carol episode.  I finally got series five, so I have them all.  And it is all Jon's fault.

I may have forgotten to mention that I found a Doctor Who shirt a few months ago that I just had to get.  Again Jon's fault.  ;)  Like 2 weeks ago I got a sonic screwdriver keychain flashlight.  They have a Dalek one too that I'll probably go back for.  I got another Doctor Who shirt.  This one has the painting from The Big Bang that Van Gough painted of the TARDIS exploding on it. 

And....I have my very own TARDIS now.  It's a cookie jar, but it is a TARDIS.   :laugh:  It makes the noises when the lid is opened or you push down on the little light thing on the top.  Laugh at me if you like..but I have a TARDIS   :tease: 

Jon, you've created a monster.   :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »
OH...I almost forgot.  I got another season of Top Gear too.  16 or 17...whatever the newest one on DVD is.  It has the Middle East special when they drove through Iraq.  Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were in one of the episodes for the lap. 

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
 :laugh:

Should I feel ashamed? Because I really really don't.  :whistle: :devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
No...you should feel blamed.  ;)  :laugh:

It's season 16 of Top Gear that I just got.  I'll get the second series of Sherlock when it is out over here..that's still a few months off I think.  I know it is supposed to air over here on PBS in ..umm...May I think.  So it won't be out until after that.  I have some other British shows on my wish list at Amazon too...probably just a matter of time before I get them too.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
If you liked the Sherlock series you should (if you haven't done so already) risk an eye on "Luther".

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
I've seen the promos for Luther on BBC America.  I just haven't tried that one yet. 

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty good. Far fetched considering it's more realistic setting. What about Merlin? I can imagine you blaming me for that one!  :whistle:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 02:39:33 AM »
I still haven't seen Merlin.  But don't worry...the blame will come once I do. ;)

Ohh...I can't remember if I mentioned before or not, but I got the complete set for Black Adder too..and yes it is your fault.  It is a BBC show after all.  ;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:35 AM »
I'm going to blame Jon for everything I buy.  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 04:26:39 AM »
I'm going to blame Jon for everything I buy.  :laugh:

I highly recommend that Kathy.  It makes for guilt free buying. 

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »
Well I went and did it....I ordered LOTR Extended Editions set on Blu yesterday from Amazon.  Deal of the day.

And yes, it is entirely Jon's fault.  Just because.  :P

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 02:21:45 AM »
Well I went and did it....I ordered LOTR Extended Editions set on Blu yesterday from Amazon.  Deal of the day.

And yes, it is entirely Jon's fault.  Just because.  :P
Awesome set, looks beautiful and has all the special features. You will be glad Jon made you do it. I just watched it recently.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »
This is a triple dip for me...well least I think it is.  I have the theatrical and extended DVDs for all three movies already.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »
Did the Theatrical DVDs have the commentaries by Costa Botes...? I only had the extended DVDs before so those docus were new to me (and they were quite enjoyable too!).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
I don't think so...there are extras on them, but I don't think any commentaries.  The Theatrical versions I have all have 2 discs.