Author Topic: House, MD Collection  (Read 2466 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
House, MD Collection
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
Since I finished my House, MD collection this month... I decided to do something I don't normally do... look at what the entire series cost me. This time I was pleasantly surprised! I can't complain at all! The entire 8 seasons... I paid out a total of only $36.76!

Season 1: $0.00 (Gift)
Season 2: $0.00 (Gift)
Season 3: $0.00 (Gift)
Season 4: $10.82 (Amazon Marketplace)
Season 5: $10.94 (Amazon Marketplace)
Season 6: $0.00 (Gift)
Season 7: $15.00 (Sale)
Season 8: $0.00 (In a Trade)

It slipped my mind that I was originally introduced to this series when a friend gave me the first three seasons. And then once I was hooked... the same friend sent me a copy of season 6. So in this case... one friend alone gave me half the series!  :thumbup:

It seldomly works this way... but I must say... I love how it did this time!  :P :clap: :yahoo: :clap:
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: House, MD Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »
Nice! Congrats :D Thats almost for free! :o
If i would buy one season of House in Norway, for the regular\fullprice it would have to pony up over $50 for a season!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »
Wow! I got the entire series for less then that!  :o Yeah... I got really lucky when it came to collecting this series. But then again... there is many other series where I am not nearly as lucky. Series that I am really afraid to look!  :P
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
Hehe, i gotcha ;)
When it comes to tv-show realises in Norway, it is so f'n expensive. So thats why i try to order almost all of my series from amazon :)
That and i got a full DVR on my tv aswell  :-[ hehe

We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
My DVR is currently at 14% full... but that is about to change since this week a lot of series is coming back for a new season. It is normally around 80% to 90%... but I am planning on keeping ahead of it this year. Of course I plan to do that every year! :P
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
My DVR is currently at 14% full... but that is about to change since this week a lot of series is coming back for a new season. It is normally around 80% to 90%... but I am planning on keeping ahead of it this year. Of course I plan to do that every year! :P

Hehe, arn't we all? ;) I got alot of things i'm following, but in the October month, i dont get to see as much tv-shows (beacuse of my horrorfest) But i like to have alot of stuff on my DVR, beacuse then i have some options on what to put on etc :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »
I do have the same problem in October. But I prefer to get stuff off the DVR as soon as possible. That is mainly because.... not once... but twice the hard drive on my cable box went up on me... making me lose everything I had saved on them. And this cable box I currently have is starting to give me problems... so I will probably have to replace it before too long as well.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »
October is a allright month that way! ;) And October is my birthday month aswell, so usually i get a few movies for my horrorfest :D
Sorry to hear that, that really sucks! Luckly i have only had problem with my cablebox once. But they managed to fix it before i lost it all.. So do get your point there!
I've been very luckly with the tv-providers we used so far. The only negative thing is that we need to pay extra to have the option to use the DVR. :(
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Here we get the first DVR free... but additional ones are extra... I think it was $10 per month per box.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »
Nice. :) $10 is about what i have to pay, to be able to have and use the DVR on my tv.. Well, dont get me wrong, its worth it. But i think they would keep more costumors if they would have it for free :) (as i know many other country does)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
I'm gonna wait until they release the entire series in a large box shaped like House's head :P
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
And comes with a flaming cane?  :P
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
Shaped like a vicodin tablet may be more apt.

snowcat

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
I love house, I have only watched the first 3 seasons. I own 4 and 5 havent got around to watching them yet. Stupid unwatched pile!  :bag: