Author Topic: dvd voting habits  (Read 4868 times)

Najemikon

Re: dvd voting habits
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:49 AM »
How very dare you! I have seen both [sniff]. My inadequacies are just the regular ones!  :laugh:

m.cellophane

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 02:04:24 AM »
How very dare you! I have seen both [sniff]. My inadequacies are just the regular ones!  :laugh:
Whoops. I confused you with Touti. Must be the avatars.  :bag: :hysterical:

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 02:16:56 AM »
It's time for a change anyhoo. I was reminded of one of my all time fave actresses the other day and I think it's about time for head.

I mean HER head! On my thing... NO! The avatar thing, dammit. Watch this space. Well, not this space exactly. Ah, hell...  :-X

m.cellophane

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 02:23:25 AM »
It's time for a change anyhoo. I was reminded of one of my all time fave actresses the other day and I think it's about time for head.

I mean HER head! On my thing... NO! The avatar thing, dammit. Watch this space. Well, not this space exactly. Ah, hell...  :-X
:hysterical:

xyrano

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »
absolute power  n/a  Unwatched
arthur  n/a
deliverance  n/a
elephant man  n/a
fargo  3/5
goodfellas  n/a
hunt for red october  5/5
mississippi burning  n/a
song for a raggy boy  n/a
planet of the apes (1968)  n/a  (2001) 3.5/5

Only two out of ten.

m.cellophane

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
absolute power  n/a  Unwatched
arthur  n/a
deliverance  n/a
elephant man  n/a
fargo  3/5
goodfellas  n/a
hunt for red october  5/5
mississippi burning  n/a
song for a raggy boy  n/a
planet of the apes (1968)  n/a  (2001) 3.5/5

Only two out of ten.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 11:52:18 AM »

SONG FOR A RAGGY BOY is a very grim story based on true events. Aidan Quinn plays William Franklin, who on his return from the Spanish Civil War takes a job at a boys Catholic Reform School in 1939 Ireland. He soon witnesses the priests systematic cruelty and abuse of the boys, but is warned to ignore it. The chilling, villainous performance of Iain Glen as Brother John, the Head of Discipline, is in marked contrast to Franklin's warmer relationship with the typically rapscallion boys. Peter Mullen's THE MAGDALEN SISTERS told a similar tale of abuse passed off as discipline, but what sets this apart is the director's choice to retain from the book Franklin's flashbacks to the Spanish Civil war, reflecting his own damaged psyche.

I would like to recommend this, it is a serious and delicate subject adeptly portrayed on film

I meant Aiden Quinn, not Gabriel Byrne. Sorry.

I did actually see most of this when I was in Hong Kong. And yes I do echo your opinion about it being a very worthwhile film to invest your time and emotions in.