Author Topic: Hi everyone & Merry Christmas!  (Read 7240 times)

lyonsden5

Hi everyone & Merry Christmas!
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »
I've been gone so long I feel like a new member  :-[ so I thought I'd post here.  ;D

I hope everyone is doing well these days. I'm getting ready to move in a few weeks so I'm pretty busy. I'll be popping in and out here for the next few weeks but am hoping to get back into the hobby again after we move and get settled in. My collection is a complete mess! I have no idea what I even own anymore. (Also going to be selling some DVDs... I'll post the list here before I do anywhere else).

Cheers everyone! Looking forward to catching up.  :cheers:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone & Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
Hi Rick!
Good to see you here!  :)
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »
In less than an hour I finish work for this year. From the 23rd till the 28th I'll be in Berlin (if the flight isn't cancelled ;)).

I wish all of you a peaceful and quiet time with your family and friends.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »
Hi Rick! good to see you :)

merry christmas everyone!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Great to see you here, Rick. Don't be a stranger now!

Christmas spirit is difficult to find, here in Taiwan. While you can find the occasional decoration and restaurants offer turkey dinners and such, it's not really festive at all. I love it.

I shall be going to Germany for a week (shortest trip home so far) on January first. It's my mom's birthday on January 2nd and, the main reason to go there, my parents 50th wedding Anniversary on January 6th!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
Hi Rick...nice to see you post again :)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
Tomorrow my phone and internet line switches provider and I still did not get any new hardware. So it could very well mean, that I will be offline for a while. In that case, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas now!

MEJHarrison

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
Sure have missed you being around Rick.  I look forward to your return.  Hope the move goes well!

kahless

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 08:03:51 PM »
Tomorrow my phone and internet line switches provider and I still did not get any new hardware. So it could very well mean, that I will be offline for a while. In that case, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas now!

May I ask you who your new provider is? I keep my fingers crossed that you get your hardware right in time!

Merry Christmas to all of you! If some of you travel, have a safe trip and enjoy your family, friends pets and everything what is important to you!  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »
Great to hear from you Rick!  :thumbup:

Merry Christmas everyone...

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »

May I ask you who your new provider is? I keep my fingers crossed that you get your hardware right in time!

I am switching to T-Online because I want to have VDSL. Regular DSL I only get 1Mbit maximum bandwidth at my location with a lot of connection problems.
But I am already starting to regret my decision to switch. I ordered VDSL (I was assured that it is possible for me. I know they have built a connection point near my building last year), but I received a confirmation letter for DSL 6MBit (with a big bandwidth restriction). When I called they told me, that they have to switch me first to DSL because of the provider change and only then to VDSL two weeks later. They never told me this beforehand and it also was never mentioned in any letter. I am thinking that they had messed up and try to cover it up.
Two days ago I received my access codes, but still no hardware. I am not very familiar with the technology, but I am guessing the splitter I have from my old provider won't work with the new one. I will try it though if I still do not have the new hardware by tomorrow. I will just enter the new internet access data into my router and I will see.

kahless

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »
[...]
I am switching to T-Online because I want to have VDSL. [...]

VDSL should really be an improvement.  ???

Otherwise it would make no sense? I supose with VDSL you should have between 25MBit and 50 MBit download speed?
Since last year I am a customer of KDG (Kabel Deutschland). I have now a stable download speed of 60 MBit and Upload of 4 MBit via cabel net. I had DSL previously via phone cable with a maximum of 6 MBit with many interruptions.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
Merry Christmas one and all
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
Otherwise it would make no sense? I supose with VDSL you should have between 25MBit and 50 MBit download speed?
Only 25Mbit is possible for my building. But this is more than enough for me. The most bandwidth I need for watching youtube videos. The main reason I am switching is that VDSL has a much more stable connection. Also the higher upload bitrate doesn't harm.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »
I've been gone so long I feel like a new member  :-[ so I thought I'd post here.  ;D
Yeah I wondered why it was posted here. You sure aren't a new member... You are one of the first one ;D

Great to see you back Rick and that everything is going well for you :thumbup:

Even if we have always four days to go, I wish an happy Christmas time to you too ;D

BTW I miss reading your reviews :tease: