Author Topic: Grindhouse  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Grindhouse
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
I've got the R3HK releases of Death Proof and Planet Terror. I've not watched DP yet, but I missed PT when it was at the cinema so wanted to watch that more.
I don't know if I understand that well, but do you say that the 2 movie was release separatly in the European theatre? If it's the case the distributor are really clueless. The only reason that this movie was made was to try to reproduce the 42ndstreet theatre experience what it's impossible to do (real seventies exploitation movies didn't have a $50,000,000 budget that's why they are better).

The man is a bloody genius and I can't wait for whatever he does next.
Hershell Gordon Lewis was a genius, Lee Frost was a genius, Russ Meyer was a genius. Why? Because they create something who didn't exist before. Tarantino doesn't ... or maybe he create the "steal other people idea and name it homage" genre.

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »
Sorry about that... :laugh: Seriously, I got mine for £3, so it can be bought for pocket change, hopefully where you are as well. And trust me, you may find some of the early parts of the film so bad you may just reach for the stop button, but don't, because that final chase sequence is amongst the very best. The leading lady, Eleanor, deservedly gets top billing and she is absolutely gorgeous.  ;)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 08:34:54 PM »
I don't know if I understand that well, but do you say that the 2 movie was release separatly in the European theatre?
Yes, they were. After being Grindhouse not that big a hit in the US, it was decided to split up and make seperate releases of it.

I've seen DP in the theatre but missed PT.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lovemunkey187

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
I don't know if I understand that well, but do you say that the 2 movie was release separatly in the European theatre?
Yes, they were. After being Grindhouse not that big a hit in the US, it was decided to split up and make seperate releases of it.

I've seen DP in the theatre but missed PT.

At the time I remember it being mentioned (by the Weinstein's, I think) because a large number of audience members in the US didn't get the whole double feature aspect of it, and well, walked out at the end of Death Proof  :bag: So to avoid the same thing happening elsewhere, the 2 films would be shown seperately. :slaphead:

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 12:49:03 AM »
Maybe I spoke to soon when I sneered at the "inevitable" remark, Ya_Shin. I'm so very tempted, even though it's so very many pennies!  :training:

CD-Wow and the "inevitable" release!

I don't mind a Japanese version, but has anyone heard of this elsewhere?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 06:05:09 AM »
Yeah, I have seen that the other day at amazon.co.jp (not that I regularly shop there, just happened to follow a link to there); sorry for not posting at the time...

I think it's a hefty price tag, especially since I already have the regular releases of Death Proof and Planet Terror; so 4 of the 6 discs are redundant. On the other hand, getting the original cut (with the trailers) and a Japan exclusive Grindhouse bonus disc doesn't shound too shabby... :hmmmm:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »
Maybe I spoke to soon when I sneered at the "inevitable" remark, Ya_Shin. I'm so very tempted, even though it's so very many pennies!  :training:

CD-Wow and the "inevitable" release!

I don't mind a Japanese version, but has anyone heard of this elsewhere?
Yeah, I have seen that the other day at amazon.co.jp (not that I regularly shop there, just happened to follow a link to there); sorry for not posting at the time...

I think it's a hefty price tag, especially since I already have the regular releases of Death Proof and Planet Terror; so 4 of the 6 discs are redundant. On the other hand, getting the original cut (with the trailers) and a Japan exclusive Grindhouse bonus disc doesn't shound too shabby... :hmmmm:

ooooooooooo, tempting. I probably would go for that.

The price isn't too bad IMHO, R2Jpn releases always seem to be a little more expensive than elsewhere. :shrug:

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »
The price certainly isn't bad compared with other Japanese releases, but when it is so similar to the local region, well... one should look more closely at ones wallet...  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »
Maybe this could interest some of you

For more info go follow the link.... 6 DVD special edition

Me? Not interested my opinion haven't change about this joke