Author Topic: Batman: The Animated Series  (Read 33759 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Batman: The Animated Series
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »
Thank you, and sorry I just haven't been in a Batman mood lately.  :bag: In fact, I still need to finish up Black Butler....then maybe start Black Butler II......

aw, but whatever. I promise I'll try to at least make it weekly!!

Rogmeister

« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »
Hmmm, some seems t have missed about 3 weeks!  :tease:

I just noticed a U.S. Cable channel called The Hub is now showing this weeknights at 1am.  So those of you who haven't bought it yet, can check it out there.

« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
They give me about 3 projects at once and again when I finish those, ok? Get off my back!  :laugh: Seeing as PSATs are tomorrow, you can figure I'll have my mental strength back by this weekend.

And yeah, we get the Hub.

« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2011, 01:40:41 AM »
Wow, ok, so last time I went to my grandmother's house I attempted to get all caught up on this, and I did. Somewhat. I finished the second volume but brought the fourth (I planned to go through the entire third volume) and went through an entire disk before realizing my mistake.

So, I have a disk of volume 2 to post up here, and there's another disk done and waiting for when i get to it chronologically.

While you wait for me to post these, please enjoy my latest youtube video.  ;)

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2011, 01:46:56 AM »

50. Off Balance
While following Count Vertigo's trail, Batman encounters Talia, daughter of the head of the Society of Shadows, who was sent by her father to prevent the capture of a sonic drill that the Count stole. But after his identity is mistakenly revealed to Talia, Batman remains off-balance as to where her true loyalties lie.

My Thoughts:

I have to admit: a couple scenes made me dizzy. The woman who helped him even had me fooled, and the sonic weapon Wayne’s company made kinda reminds me of the kind SHIELD makes to hold back symbiotes. (Yes, I make Marvel references to a DC series.  :thumbup: Cuz I'm cool like that) All in all, pretty decent. You see something in the end that hints at more continuity, but any more action is saved for the next episode where it continues, though I’m not sure when that may be.

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2011, 01:49:14 AM »

51. The Man Who Killed Batman
When a small time gang member seemingly kills Batman by accident, he gets involved with gangs all over Gotham, as well as the Joker and Rupert Thorne. 

My Thoughts:

Now, anyone who believes that the Batman can die in a minor explosion at the hands of a no-name gang member doesn’t know him very well. But, it was actually really funny.  :laugh: The little guy weaseled his way out of everything! Just fun to watch!

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2011, 01:51:59 AM »

52. Mudslide
Clayface is falling apart—literally. His clay-like body is disintegrating. Fortunately, a scientist he knew from his movie star days is working on a remedy. However, Hagen is forced to steal money to pay for the expensive components of the remedy. That is, however, until one of his targets is Wayne Biomedical Labs.

My Thoughts:

Ugh. Clayface again, trying to be human. Again. There’s a girl this time, but that’s about all that’s somewhat new. To me, it’s just one of those episodes where you expect someone to say “You’ve foiled me again, Batman!” and all those other cheesy hero/villain stereotypes. Ended on a very sad note too. Not very impressed with this one.

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2011, 01:55:14 AM »

53. Paging the Crime Doctor
Dr. Matthew Thorne, losing his medical license and forced into becoming the crime doctor by his younger brother, crime boss Rupert Thorne, must perform delicate surgery on Rupert. He can't do it alone, and kidnaps Dr. Leslie Thompkins to assist. Batman discovers Leslie's disappearance, and rushes to track her down.  

My Thoughts:

Those episodes about old-time crime world connections. There have been at least a few of them in here already, but still entertaining to see. That old woman that helps Bruce out sometimes turned out to be a fighter, which I like.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:57:40 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2011, 01:57:16 AM »

54. Zatanna
When the glamorous magician Zatanna is framed for a robbery during her act, Batman swings to her defense. Zatanna is grateful though a little puzzled by the Dark Knight's commitment to prove her innocence, but the two heroes unite and use the skills her father, Zatara, taught them to expose and combat the culprit: an evil illusionist named Montague Kane.

My Thoughts:

Ooh, Zatana was one of my favorite lesser-known DC heroes, right behind Black Canary.

Of course, I remember her as a sorceress, not a magician. (well, ok, she was a magician too) That knocked a little bit of wind out of me. All the same, I really love guest appearances and her relationship with Bruce was nicely executed.

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2011, 02:00:55 AM »

55. The Mechanic
Thanks to a freak accident during a high-speed chase, the Batmobile is virtually demolished. After Batman takes the car to his personal mechanic, Earl Cooper, the Penguin makes his move and tampers with the Batmobile, putting it under his control.

My Thoughts:

Ah, Robin!! He’s back again!!

The background for the Batmobile mechanic was solid, and he kept the episode alive too. (Such as a surprise in the air conditioning switch!) There isn’t much to say for this one, but is fun to watch all the same.

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:11 AM »

56. Harley and Ivy
When the Joker fires Harley, she tries going on a crime spree of her own, joining up with Poison Ivy, and the two become Gotham's Queens of Crime, much to Joker's fury.

My Thoughts:

Yes, Harley and Ivy meet at last!! I’ve actually been snooping around YouTube and became a fan of the HarleyxIvy pairing. Never saw a connection from the episodes themselves, but some videos are hard to argue with.

It was nice to see Harley get under the Joker’s skin more than usual. The girls really make a great team. The episode was a little strong on the whole “girls don’t need men” message; good message, mind you, just that the hints were dropped a few too many times. Other than that? Really happy with it.

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2011, 09:18:07 PM »

57. Shadow of the Bat - Part 1
When Commissioner Gordon is framed for taking bribes from Rupert Thorne, his daughter Barbara pleads with Batman to show up at a rally being put on in the commissioner's behalf. But when Batman disappears after finding the person behind the frame-up, Barbara takes the law into her own hands as Batgirl.

My Thoughts:

Ah, finally! Batgirl!!

Frankly I was expecting her since her dad was a robot around volume one. It is now volume three. The episode was really slow at the start but seeing Barbara make these choices as a costume for the first time is interesting. That, and I guess I’m a little prejudiced because she’s my favorite out of the bunch.

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »

58. Shadow of the Bat - Part 2
Robin discovers that Gil Mason is in league with the underworld and goes to investigate him. He encounters Batgirl along the way, and go their separate ways to stop Mason. 

My Thoughts:

A lot of running action. It was nice to see Batman and Robin’s reactions to the new Bat in town. There was a certain unmasking that took me by surprise as I don’t think a certain person deserved to figure it out, but it was still enjoyable.

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »

59. Blind as a Bat
The Penguin steals an experimental helicopter from an air show, causing an explosion that temporarily blinds Bruce Wayne. Batman knows he won't be able to wait until his vision returns to track the Penguin down, but will he be able to do so without the use of his eyes?

My Thoughts:

Fun watching Bats cope with blindness. I was expecting him to just use his other four sense, but the way he went about fighting was a bit more, eh, extreme. Definitely unexpected, and a nice twist. You’d be surprised how many times I’ve seen the “temporary blindness” storyline. I won’t tell too much, but don’t you hate it when batteries run out at the worst times possible? 

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »

60. The Demon's Quest - Part 1
When Robin is mysteriously abducted from his college campus, the Batman begins a fruitless search ... until he is astounded by the sudden appearance in the Batcave of Ra's Al Ghul. Ra's quickly reveals that his daughter, Talia, has been abducted under circumstances similar to Robin's, suggesting that the same persons are responsible. So begins an uneasy truce between the Batman and 'The Demon'. 

My Thoughts:

Hm, I was first introduced to this villain by Batman Beyond. Kinda creepy how a giant, bubbling, green pit can bring about eternal life. Robin’s capture was a little too easy for my taste, but a twist to the end of this half makes up for it.