Author Topic: Batman: The Animated Series  (Read 33818 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Batman: The Animated Series
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »

12. It's Never Too Late
An aging mob boss, Arnold Stromwell, is about to be rubbed out by a rival boss, Rupert Thorne. Batman saves Stromwell from Thorne's men and keeps the crime boss one step ahead of his enemies. In the process, Stromwell learns his drug dealings have caused his son to end up in a drug rehab center.

My Thoughts:

A real gang warfare, family-involved type episode. I suppose this was meant as a refreshing change and depending on your taste, it would be!! I, on the other hand, just cannot stay interested. But, it soon turned into an "It's a Wonderful Life" situation. From there, its pretty entertaining.

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »

13. I've Got Batman in my Basement
While attempting to regain a stolen Faberge Egg from the Penguin, Batman is sprayed with nerve gas by the fowl fellow. Our unconscious hero is rescued by a 12-year-old aspiring detective who hides him in his basement. It's up to the precocious kid to figure out how to revive the comatose crime fighter before the Penguin finds him.

My Thoughts:

Definitely a favorite out of the set! Seeing some kids take over is a nice dash of comedy. It's surprising how long Batman can stay unconscious, lol. Watching the kids fend for themselves was entertaining. Fighting the Penguin was interesting, but the ending (which I'm trying hard not to reveal) was just unrealistic. Still, a fun show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »
 :o

It's Alive!.... This thread is alive!!!  :tease:
Pete

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
Haha, Dad. Yes, I know, it's been a while! But I just started a new semester so school comes first.

14. Heart of Ice
Brilliant cryogenics expert Dr. Victor Fries was hard at work on a freezing process to save his wife's life when the heartless corporation underwriting the project pulled the plug, literally. The freezing chamber exploded, destroying the doctor's wife and transforming Fries himself permanently into a pathetic creature only able to survive in sub-zero temperatures. He returns a year later as Mr. Freeze, thirsting for revenge against the sleazy CEO who destroyed his life. Batman's sympathy is with Freeze, but first he has to stop him from committing murder by destroying a building filled with innocent people in order to carry out his vendetta.

My Thoughts:

Yup. Mr.Freeze. And of course Batman catches a cold when he fights against him. Haha.  ::)

There were a lot of cold and revenge puns. Kinda cheesy. It was almost like I was watching Batman Forever. The action was predictable yet decent. An overall average episode.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:11:00 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

15. The Cat and the Claw: Part 1
The Catwoman steals a valuable necklace to fund the purchase of land for a mountain lion preserve. In the course of her escape she encounters Batman, and finds herself undeniably attracted to him. Afterward, Bruce Wayne dates Selina Kyle, Catwoman's alter ego, and finds himself undeniably attracted to her. In the midst of these budding romances, Selina/Catwoman learns that the land she wants has been snatched up by a mysterious cartel, although the cartel's reasons for buying it don't make sense. After infiltrating the cartel's headquarters, Catwoman discovers evidence of a military facility inside a mountain on the land in question. As it turns out, the cartel is fronting for an international terrorist group headed by the Red Claw, a mysterious woman terrorist.

My Thoughts:

Second series I've seen where Catwoman was introduced the same time as the Red Claw if I remember right. In any case, a criminal love interest is enough to shake up the plot with any hero. As an example, Catwoman is to Batman as Black Cat is to Spoder-Man. Yeah, gotta love analogies, lol. The fact that Selena is willing to be in this line of work just for the animals' sake is an interesting twist looking into her logic and reasoning.Very entertaining episode.

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »

16. The Cat and the Claw: Part 2
The terrorists put their plans into motion, stealing a virulent strain of plague which they use to hold the city for ransom. Meanwhile Catwoman infiltrates the terrorists' under mountain headquarters, not realizing what she's getting into. When Batman follows her there, they're both captured, trussed up, and left to die as victims of the viral plague.

My Thoughts:

What can i say about this one? Good action. Continues with the romance struggle. All in all up to par with the first part.

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 06:28:27 PM »

17. See No Evil
Somewhere in a middle-class suburb of Gotham, little KIMBERLY VENTRIS is regularly visited by her imaginary playmate, "MOJO." However, the mysterious, unseen Mojo seems awfully tangible -- and vocal -- for an "imaginary" friend. At about the same time, a fortune in valuables disappears as if by magic from a gem exposition at which Bruce Wayne is among the patrons. Assuming his Batman identity, Bruce investigates, and finds himself battling an invisible man! The Dark Knight's further investigation uncovers the fact that an independent optics researcher, Dr. Abner Carrows, had developed what he called a "cloak of invisibility" -- a plastic of his own invention which, when electrified by Carrows's patented process, refracts light so as to make the material and anything covered by it invisible. But Carrows has recently died and, according to the scientist's assistant, a quantity of the special plastic is missing from his lab. The trail leads to ex-con LLOYD VENTRIS, who "embezzled" the material while working as a janitor in Carrows's lab.

My Thoughts:

An invisible man. Pretty interesting and family matters adds some heart. I just wonder how Kimmy made "Mojo" her friend. Childhood wonder aside, no "stranger danger"? The whole invisibility thing didn't raise any red flags? Exciting episode.

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

18. See No Evil
Batman realizes that a pattern of recent bombings in Gotham is based on an episode of an old television series featuring his favorite boyhood hero, the "Gray Ghost." Seeking information, Batman visits the actor who played the Gray Ghost, only to discover that over the years, he's become a victim of type-casting and has not been able to find other work.

My Thoughts:

Is it just me or does the Gray Ghost's voise sound a lot like Adam West? lol

Its nice. Following a show step by step and finishing it off with a villain obsessed with toys? Out of the ordinary and a good watch.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »

19. Prophecy of Doom
Bruce Wayne becomes concerned when some of his richest friends are seduced into a new age Brotherhood scam by Nostromos, a fraudulent psychic. Bruce joins the Brotherhood in an attempt to debunk Nostromos' claims. Nostromos, predicting the fall of civilization, urges his acolytes to transfer their bank funds to the Brotherhood's coffers.

My Thoughts:

I always did think those celebrity psychics were scams. The mystical plot combined with the on-stage special effects really makes me think as a mix between Mysterio and Dr.Strange, but my brain is mainly marvel, so what do I know? I think Lisa's character was done well as someone more than just a damsel in distress - other than Bruce she was the only was who saw through the psychic charade. Nice undercover work too, and a really fast-pace episode.

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »

20. Feat of Clay: Part 1
Matt Hagen, a popular actor renowned for his 'Man of a Thousand Faces' ability to play any part, has a terrible secret -- he's addicted to a strange chemical formula developed by Roland Daggett's labs. This chemical gives him the ability to alter his facial features without makeup, keeping his matinee idol looks so that his public doesn't know he was horribly disfigured in an accident years ago. But in return for the stuff, Daggett has him play 'roles" that aren't entirely legal. Hagen is Daggett's puppet, and resents it mightily. When Daggett has Hagen impersonate Bruce Wayne in order to obtain documents from Lucius Fox, Wayne's right hand man, a chain of events is started that results in Fox being wounded and Bruce Wayne arrested for assault. Hagen, attempting to break free from Daggett's control, is seized by Daggett's henchman and force-fed a large amount of the chemical enough to completely alter his genetic structure and turn him into Clayface an amorphous figure who can re-form his body into anything he wants.

My Thoughts:

Ah, the old impersonation plot line. Cool intro to Clayface. You almost feel sorry for him. He wasn't a monster from the start, after all. The action and twists in the episode really makes you forget that there is a criminal other than the scientist/gang guys supplying the ooze.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 06:56:05 PM »

21. Feat of Clay: Part 2
Clayface learns that Daggett is going to appear on TV to hype his new product, the same chemical that was his downfall, as a skin conditioner. After a skirmish with Batman in Lucius Fox's hospital room, Clayface takes the disguise of a woman and joins the audience of Summer Gleeson's show. Batman is there, however, and a free-for-all in the Galaxy Broadcasting Building results.

My Thoughts:

This one really follows through with the first part. I can't help but laugh at myself. I'm sure we all know Clayface's powers, but I was convinced he was dead! An important villain like that! Because of this logic, I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying the twist at the end is that he's still alive. Nicely done "death scene".

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 08:17:19 AM »
Haha, Dad. Yes, I know, it's been a while! But I just started a new semester so school comes first.
:thumbsup:

This appears to be quite the decent Batman series going on here; you ratings are quite up there :hmmmm:

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 03:30:15 AM »
Yeah, it's a good show but I tend to be pretty lenient. I never go below a 3 it seems unless I really just do. not. like. it. Of course, everyone I talk to about this goes on about it being the "greatest Batman series ever" so it seems I'm not the only one who likes it that much. to be honest the first volume is hard to review cuz I watched it all w/ dad. once I get past that, I should be able to put a little more into my reviews.

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »

22. The Joker's Favor
Charlie Collins, a nondescript accountant, accidentally runs afoul of the Joker. Pleading for his life, the run-of-the-mill every man promises the Joker anything, if he will only let him go. The notion amuses the Joker, who makes Charlie promise to do him a favor. If Charlie refuses, his family will fall prey to the Joker's thugs. The favor: Charlie must distract the Batman while the Joker infiltrates a testimonial dinner for Commissioner Gordon to plant a bomb. But the worm turns when Charlie decides he's had enough and takes on the Joker man to man.

My Thoughts:

My first thought from the driving scene was how for kids this show turns out to be because the man calls saying "Hey clown! I'm talking to you! You think you own the whole road?" cussing out the Joker. But moving on, great seeing Harley Quinn. I personally like her more than the Joker. And Cahrlie always seemed like such a pushover until the end - a joke I saw coming but still worth a chuckle. Yes, it is a story that's been done of a man having to commit a crime to protect his family. But the clown stuff made it really interesting.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 05:54:43 PM »
It's Alive!.... The thread is Alive!... but the question is... for how long?  :laugh:

Just teasing you kid! Enjoy the show!  :)
Pete