Author Topic: Batman: The Animated Series  (Read 33751 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Batman: The Animated Series
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2011, 05:25:19 AM »

93. Never Fear
The Scarecrow develops a new toxin that, rather than inducing fear, eliminates it, making average people incredibly reckless and dangerous.

My Thoughts:

A world without fear. We’re not talking a population of wannabe DareDevils. The episode was one of mixed emotions. Scary to see Batman not afraid to kill, funny to see Tim tie him up.

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2011, 04:06:45 AM »

94. Joker's Millions
Crime boss Edward "The King" Barlow dies and in his will leaves his arch-rival, the Joker, a large fortune. The Joker immediately goes on a shopping spree, even searching for a replacement for Harley Quinn, but realizes too late that almost all of the money is fake.

My Thoughts:

Kind of a funny episode. Someone pulled one over on the Joker and he had to face the IRS! :laugh:

Best moments were with Harley, though.
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2011, 04:08:14 AM »

95. Growing Pains
Robin fights to protect a young girl with amnesia who is being stalked by her "father", who turns out to be Clayface. Having created the girl from his own body to scout out the city, he now intends to reabsorb her.

My Thoughts:

The budding relationship between Robin and “Annie” was SO SWEET!!! It was really cute and kind of funny to see Tim take on a mission practically on his own. A twist in the plot makes it a very sad story, and Robin’s last line makes you feel like you just got a punch in the gut. Or maybe I’m just extra sensitive. It was a nice episode for teenagers, at least.

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2011, 04:10:18 AM »

96. Love is a Croc
Baby Doll becomes enamored of Killer Croc, and the pair forms a very unlikely yet very successful criminal duo. However, their partnership soon falls apart when Baby Doll learns that Croc is only using her to further his own criminal career. 

My Thoughts:

Wow, Baby Doll and Killer Croc. Not a pair I would imagine.  ???

I honestly thought this would be a totally hilarious episode, but it was actually very sentimental. It starts with the idea of two people relating to one another because the world sees them so differently, then you’d end up feeling sad because it didn’t quite work out. I almost wish it did work out….. 

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2011, 04:12:09 AM »

97. Torch Song
A lovelorn pyrotechnic engineer, Garfield Lynns, gets dumped by a big time singer named Cassidy. Lynns becomes the supervillain Firefly, bent on burning the woman who burned him.

My Thoughts:

Wow, judging by the opening, Cassidy isn’t all that great a singer. ???

And Barbara made a Pinky and the Brain reference!!! :laugh:

I really don’t like this version of Firefly. I think I like the one from The Batman better – where he’s into corporate espionage instead of obsessing over this one girl who called it quits on him. Other than that, there were decent action scenes and a LOT of fire.

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2011, 04:13:58 AM »

98. The Ultimate Thrill
Former stuntwoman and adrenaline junkie Roxanne Sutton becomes the rocket-riding thief Roxy Rocket, to chase danger and excitement.

My Thoughts:

Wow, that girl was a thrill junkie. Reminds me of this one blonde girl off of a Kim Possible episode that had a similar schtik, but I can’t remember her name – she was only a one-time villain.

The stunts were fun to watch; Roxy turned EVERY movement into a stunt. She drove the Penguin up the wall!!

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2011, 04:16:24 AM »

99. Over the Edge
During a fight with the Scarecrow, Batgirl is ambushed on a rooftop and falls to her death. Having watched his daughter's demise, Jim Gordon blames Batman for her fate and vows revenge, even recruiting Bane in the process..

My Thoughts:

That … was amazing. This episode goes into what would happen if Batgirl died, their secrets were revealed, and if the Commissioner was on an anti-vigilante spree.

Batgirl’s death I’m pretty sure went near-viral on YouTube as I’ve been recommended it on more than one occasion.

Here, it seemed like the entire world came tumbling down.

(click to show/hide)
The ending was very heartwarming as well.

« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2011, 04:18:35 AM »

100. Mean Seasons
Batman pursues an ex-model, who is now looking for revenge and calling herself "Calendar Girl".

My Thoughts:

See, this is why I hate modeling companies, beauty campaigns, and the like. This villain was deemed too old for stuff – ergo, not pretty enough – to get paid. When her face is revealed,
(click to show/hide)

Needless to say, I like the message of commercial beauty and its effect on society present here.

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:30 AM »

101. Critters
A genetic engineer goes overboard in creating bigger livestock and loses all his money. A year later, an army of mutant farm animals terrorize Gotham City.

My Thoughts:

Ah, so many country jokes and bad puns. Most of them by Robin. :laugh:

Super bugs? Really? I’m still trying to figure out how a man could be a genetic scientist yet still act so uneducated. Pretty funny scenarios – the Batmobile being run over by a giant cow, being given an ultimatum by a goat. Crazy stuff right here!!

« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:23 AM »

102. Cult of the Cat
Batman tries to help Catwoman, who is being chased by a cat cult due to a statue she stole.

My Thoughts:

Wow, an entire cult filled with people obsessed with cats and thievery just like Catwoman.

A lot of action, but nothing really interesting. A lof of this episode was typical Catwoman and Batman. Catwoman gets his help, betrays him, goes good at the last minute and benefits in the end without a moment in prison. Only difference is here she wasn’t the only one dressed as a cat.

« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2011, 04:24:08 AM »

103. Animal Act
A series of thefts is being committed by circus animals in a town where Nightwing's old circus is performing. Is it an old friend that is training the animals to steal, or someone else?

My Thoughts:

It was nice to see Grayson back at his roots. The animals are definitely a nice change of pace! Robin learning what circus life is really like towards the end was hilarious! And all-around good episode.

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2011, 04:26:03 AM »

104. Old Wounds
When on patrol on his own, Robin runs into Nightwing and he tells Robin the story of how he and Batman grew apart. The story reveals how Batgirl discovered Batman and Robin's true identities, and also explains some of the romantic flare between Barbara and Dick.

My Thoughts:

I enjoy the flashback/milestone episodes. This one investigates what drove Batman and the first Robin apart and created the persona Nightwing. It felt so, so, SO weird to have Barbara be Batgirl yet her not know about Batman. But, it was true to the timeline.

(click to show/hide)

The Action/Villain plot wasn’t all that complex, just another Joker-threat, but that’s all that was needed. You can really see how everyone relates to one another in this episode, even after all those years.

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2011, 04:28:18 AM »

105. The Demon Within
Batman and Robin assist occultist Jason Blood when Klarion the Witch-boy takes control of Blood's alter-ego, Etrigan the Demon.

My Thoughts:

Someone mind telling me why an ice cream truck was playing “Pop Goes the Weasel”? :laugh:

I was so excited when I saw Etrogen! (I remembered him from Batman: the Brave and the Bold) I especially like his rhymes.  ;D I think the episode fairly lived up to my expectations. The villain kid person was really weird and creepy, but cool.

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2011, 04:30:56 AM »

106. Legends of the Dark Knight
A group of Gotham City youths tell their stories about what they believe the Dark Knight to really be like.

My Thoughts:

Hm, kind of like Batman: Gotham Knights (I believe that was the title.) I really like the idea of an anthology of Batman stories from kids with different art for each. Really keeps things interesting.

1st Art: 60s style. Kind of annoying and hard to get into, but by far not the worst I’ve seen, I could like it.

2nd Art: WHAT THE HECK?!?!? Uh, well I got kind of a Batman Beyond feel from it but the entire time I was completely lost. Not sure what the people were thinking at that point. There is a commentary, but I’m focusing on getting through the series, thank you.

Overall, I always love these things despite what however-many-people may say.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:33:22 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2011, 04:32:50 AM »

107. Girl's Night Out
Livewire escapes during a prison transfer and runs amok in Gotham, joining forces with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. With the Dark Knight away, Batgirl teams up with Supergirl to face the deadly trio.

My Thoughts:

I remember Livewire from a Superman/Batman marathon that came on TV once. Can’t remember much, though.

I love the sidekicks coming together. (Yes, I have enjoyed Young Justice) The villains coming together was nice too, considering what a horrible match-up it was. Quite a few laughs, and very memorable

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:36:06 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »