Author Topic: Batman: The Animated Series  (Read 33762 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Batman: The Animated Series
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »

61. The Demon's Quest - Part 2
After freeing Talia from her father's clutches and escaping from an avalanche, Batman and Robin follow the only clue they have - the word 'Orpheus'. After discovering that 'Orpheus' is Ra's private satellite that will orbit over the Sahara, the duo travel to the Demon's desert stronghold.

My Thoughts:

Well, they certainly laid the romance aspect on thick.
(click to show/hide)
Other than that, the creepy life pit brought about enough magic and insanity to keep you entertained.

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »

62. His Silicon Soul
When a Batman impersonator appears in Gotham City, the real Batman deduces that Karl Rossum is somehow involved and confronts the inventor. The other Batman, a duplicate, then shows up and a battle between the two takes place. After the duplicate Batman escapes, it begins its campaign to recreate H.A.R.D.A.C.'s goals of a robotic society.

My Thoughts:

I can’t help but recall all the movies and TV shows that ask the same question: can a machine have the same genuine emotion as a human? I remember something similar in the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon as well. (Yes, another Marvel reference for a DC show.)

Seeing Bats fight himself was enjoyable all in itself, and this adds to it. A question that keeps you thinking.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:33:11 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »

63. Fire from Olympus
Believing himself to be the reincarnation of the Greek God Zeus, mad shipping magnate Maxie Zeus hijacks an experimental electron cannon. Mounting the weapon atop his penthouse, Maxie plans to rain 'lightning bolts' down on the "wicked mortals" of Gotham City.

My Thoughts:

An episode where a guy is delusional and thinks he’s Zeus. Is it bad that I knew almost every Greek reference in there??

I really like this one because you just want to laugh at how much this guy is into it, or at least I do. It’s just out of the norm. There’s not much else to say about it. Kinda funny, but still a little twisted.

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2011, 04:11:50 AM »

64. Read My Lips
A brand-new gang has made its debut committing the slickest crimes ever, thanks to the gang leader, Scarface. It's up to Batman to stop Scarface and his "dummy", the Ventriloquist.

My Thoughts:

Scarface again!! Is it bad that I unintentionally watched Jeff Dunham before this?? :laugh:

Honestly, the story seems to be getting a little repetitive here but this one doesn’t seem old for some reason. Maybe it’s the new dummy? Is it that I am still amused by ventriloquism? Well, I think I’m just still in a good mood. Seeing the ventriloquist fight with his dummy never gets old, especially when there’s a gun involved.

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2011, 04:13:55 AM »

65. The Worry Men
Wealthy socialite Veronica Vreeland returns from Central America bringing tiny handmade dolls for all her friends. According to native legend, once placed under a pillow the dolls do the sleeper's worrying for them. Unknown to Veronica or her guests, each of the dolls was made by the Mad Hatter, and contains a tiny microchip which plants hypnotic suggestions inside the sleepers' brains.

My Thoughts:

Unusual episode. Some mix of the Mad Hatter and Mayan culture??? Ok then….

Really reminds me of one episode of Batman Beyond where people were hallucinating and giving the criminals money and stuff in their daydreams. It was called “Spellbound”, I think.

Even with the flashback to explain everything, it’s hard to wrap your head around the plot of the episode because you would expect the Mad Hatter to do some kind of crime to do with the old fairy tail stuff, specifically Alice in Wonderland. I mean, it still makes sense, just not something a person would think of for that specific villain. It came out ok.

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2011, 04:16:16 AM »

66. Sideshow
En route to an upstate prison, Killer Croc escapes and leads Batman on a dangerous chase through the wilderness. After throwing Batman temporarily off his trail, the reptile-man takes refuge with a group of retired circus freaks, and convinces them to help him.

My Thoughts:

Starts out in a typical runaway scene, ends up pretty heartwarming. The circus idea was pretty entertaining, and the last line Croc had was a nice finisher for the episode. And the Seal Boy was just plain cute.  :P

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2011, 04:17:59 AM »

67. Bullet for Bullock
Someone has put a hit out on Gotham's toughest cop, Harvey Bullock. After surviving several near misses, Bullock realizes he has no choice but to ask his arch-rival Batman to help him discover who is behind the murder attempts. During their investigation Bullock learns that his gruff and mean-spirited manner has created enemies in the unlikeliest of people.

My Thoughts:

“You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, you’ll probably bore me to tears, so keep your trap shut, dog-breath!” :laugh: Ah, Bullock being Bullock!!

The bumbling, hard-detective humor was enough to make this episode fun, and there was a good twist to boot. (The real criminal was laughing like the Joker….)

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:20 AM »

68.Trial
Gotham's new DA Janet Van Dorn is out to capture Batman, but both she and him end up captured by a gang of criminals instead. They are soon put on a kangaroo trial by the Joker (the judge), Two-Face (the prosecutor), the Ventriloquist (the bailiff), Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, the Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, the Scarecrow, the Riddler and other criminals. If the defense (Batman and the D.A.) can prove that Batman is not the cause for everyone's turn to crime, they will be set free.

My Thoughts:

The Joker as the judge!! Villains as the jury!! Haha, a real fun one this episode is. The irony of someone who wants to get rid of Batman as his defense is priceless!! So many good moments, like Harley “influencing” Judge Joker, the destruction of an innocent flower, and more. :laugh:

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »

(Yeah, idk what happened to my picture, but I can't fix it now)

69. Avatar
A mystic Egyptian scroll donated to the Gotham museum by Bruce Wayne is stolen by Ra's Al Ghul, and Batman and Talia must join forces to prevent the power-mad Ra's from unlocking the scroll's secrets of life and death.

My Thoughts:

I love Egyptian themes. I am getting a serious Scooby-Doo vibe from this episode because there was a specific movie where Daphne had to dress up as Cleopatra in her tomb - - can’t remember the name, though.

Of all the nice plots and stuff that are commendable in this episode, they overlooked explaining one thing: how that dude survived from last time! He should be dead!! Other than that, typical episode, though there were some nice effects (or, um, drawn pictures?) on Miss Mummy, she looked beautiful specifically in one shot.

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2011, 04:28:08 AM »

70. House & Garden
Not only has Poison Ivy been released from Arkham Asylum, but she's also married her doctor and settled down to help him raise his two sons. Still, wealthy Gotham bachelors are being poisoned and robbed in ways that exactly mirror Ivy's old crimes. The attacks take a personal turn when Dick Grayson is kidnapped by the mysterious assailant. Is Ivy responsible? And if so, how can Batman prove it?

My Thoughts:

Ivy almost had me fooled too, but that’s why Batman’s known as the World’s Greatest Detective. (Though, for that title, I vote for Death Note’s L ;) )

Pam wanting a family seemed a bit sappy, but kind of sweet. Later, everything became reminiscent of Goosebumps’ “Stay Out of the Basement”. Interpret that as you will. Most of the episode, though, I was arguing with myself over whether or not I thought Ivy really reformed. Of course, I already knew she didn’t because I watched Disc 1 of volume 4 by accident a while back. It really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone considering she’s a key villain, but I wandered off my train of thought.

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2011, 04:30:44 AM »

71. The Terrible Trio
Three wealthy, bored friends of Bruce Wayne decide to seek new thrills by becoming master criminals. As the Fox, the Shark and the Vulture - masters of land, sea and air - the Terrible Trio pick Gotham clean, until they encounter one person who cannot be bought off—Batman.

My Thoughts:

I can’t believe there was a whole episode about these guys. Take away the money the trio had, and you have your basic crooks in a mask, no mental illness, gimmick or anything apart from them. Here’s what would have happened in real life: the trio rob a place, Batman comes, he fights/trips them, a mask comes off, they get tied up and go to jail. About 5 mins.

As far as the actual episode goes, I guess it was entertaining to see the leader of the trio sink deeper into madness. We all know he’s getting crazy. That’s about it.

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 04:36:15 AM »

72. Harlequinade
The Joker steals an atomic bomb, and it is up to Batman and Robin to find and stop him. Since there is no time to spare, the duo enlist the help of Harley Quinn to track Joker down.

My Thoughts:

Harley Quinn is by far my favorite villain that Batman ever had!!!! <3

Most of the episode was totally hilarious!! “I bet you thought I was just some blonde bimbo. But joke’s on you! I’m not even a real blonde!” There are so many quote-worthy moments but I don’t want to ruin them. Everyone at this site must know that I love humor and Harley really delivered.

I also noticed that the opening picture for when the title appeared was the same picture shown in Ivy’s scrapbook at the end of “House and Garden”.  ;D
I love this episode so much, I just need to leave you all with a clip of one of the two songs Harley sings during the whole series, because I just really like it, lol.

Hm, you'll have to go to youtube.  :-[

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2011, 04:43:21 AM »

73. Time Out of Joint
The Clock King returns to continue his vendetta against Mayor Hill. This time the time-obsessed criminal hopes to murder Hill with the help of a stolen invention that allows him to warp time and travel at super-speed.

My Thoughts:

First episode with the Batman and Robin opening.

This one was fair. The Clock King really isn’t my favorite villain. The fast-motion was fun. Average otherwise.

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:17 AM »

74. Catwalk
Anxious to take up her old ways as Catwoman, Selina Kyle joins forces with the Ventriloquist to humiliate socialite Veronica Vreeland. But the real victim is Catwoman herself, who has been secretly set up by Scarface to take the fall for another robbery.

My Thoughts:

Even at the beginning of this one, I thought to myself that Selena is so obsessed with cats and thievery that it’s a wonder she wasn’t put away in Arkham. (Or maybe she was in the comics and I just didn’t read it, idk.) Seeing her face off against Scarface was something else. It wasn’t all that exciting, but it was different. Another average episode.

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2011, 04:47:11 AM »

75. Bane
Batman comes face to face with his most powerful adversary yet, the chemically-enhanced assassin Bane. Originally hired by Rupert Thorne to kill Batman, Bane plans on taking control of Thorne's criminal empire once Batman is destroyed.

My Thoughts:

A good introduction to Bane. Good fight scenes. Not much else to say with this one.