Author Topic: Best DVD Player You've Owned  (Read 4972 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Best DVD Player You've Owned
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:19:32 AM »
What was the best DVD player you've ever owned?

Mine would be a Sony 5 Disc Turn Table that I bought on special at Big W (Walmart) for $199, which was back in 2004. It was an awesome machine, it was multi region and it never once failed. I stopped using it in January when I got my New LCD TV, since then I only watch my DVDs and Blu-ray via the PS3. Any multi region DVDs I watch on my stand alone Sony Blu-ray player which came free with my TV.

Critter

Re: Best DVD Player You've Owned
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 04:36:47 AM »
The best one I have owned has been the PS3. Why did you call Big W Walmart? Was that just an example or are the two chains actually connected?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 04:50:33 AM »
I think they are in some way connected. I use to do night-fill there when I was in high school. And the management would show us examples of stuff from Walmart.

And currently the PS3 is the best player I own by far. I think it will remain unmatched for years to come.

Critter

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:06:23 AM »
Ah man, I tried for a job as nightfill at Safeway but  I couldn't get it. I really wanted to do Nightfill.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 05:09:23 AM »
Yeah it wasn't bad, the money was pretty good.

Critter

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:13:21 AM »
How did you get the job? I find that whenever I apply online nothing comes from it.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 05:16:30 AM »
It was easy, I just handed my resume in at the front desk.

Critter

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 05:20:10 AM »
Damn, whenever I do that it doesn't work either. I handed out over 60 resumes once and didn't get a job. I want to start looking again though because I'm sick of where I am now. My Boss is evil.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 05:22:28 AM »
Have you contacted any one about the issue with your pay? You're doing a type of traineeship right? So I assume you have a field officer that calls in to see you.

Critter

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 05:39:22 AM »
No it's not really a traineeship, I just work for him so no one checks up on me. If someone did they would probably see how bad everything is and make me leave. He is almost 3 weeks behind in my pay now.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 05:50:44 AM »
Excuse the language but that's fucked up. What else is bad about it?

Critter

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 05:55:22 AM »
Everything. My Boss is running both of his businesses into the ground. His employees from both sides keep leaving because they are sick of him. We constantly have people coming into the store demanding to see him for various reasons, or having complaints from customers that we have to deal with because he hardly ever actually shows up for work. A little while ago he went to Sydney for the week with his girlfriend without telling anyone and the place went to shambles. He has already lost 4 major businesses from the wholesale store and people who have been working in the shop for over 14 years think it won't survive until Christmas because he has screwed everything up. Some of his employees hardly even have enough money to pay for groceries but he doesn't even care, he cares about no one but himself and is patronizing to everyone else. He is also someone that can do no wrong in his own eyes and blames everyone else for his problems, even if they did nothing wrong. He also talks about his employees behind their back to other employees, then turns around and does the same thing to a different set. He just spends all his time bitching about everyone.
Please someone tell me that all bosses are not like this. This is the first job I've had, but I honestly feel like I need to get out of this place. This boss is slowly sucking the life out me and everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:02:44 AM by Critter »

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 06:19:06 AM »
No, not all bosses are like that. You are in a very unfortunate situation. My advise to you is to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Have you told your parents about this?

Critter

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 06:30:11 AM »
Yeah I have. My Mum is upset about it, I don't know if she wants me to leave just yet or not. Mainly she is upset about the stories I tell her about my co worker. I work with a 28 year old guy who has a wife and a 2 year old daughter and he is treated like shit by our Boss. He doesn't even have enough money right now to pay his rent and other bills, and he doesn't even have enough to buy his daughter Christmas presents. The Boss knows this yet he still doesn't pay him on time (if at all) despite the fact that he sometimes works 13 hour days for him. I want to leave though, I'm over it.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »
That's awful Sophie, I'm really sorry that you're having to go through this.

Why do I get the feeling I'll be seeing this on A Current Affair? lol.