Author Topic: Night of the Demons 2  (Read 1121 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Night of the Demons 2
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: Night of the Demons 2
Year: 1994   
Director: Brian Trenchard-Smith
Rating: R
Length: 95 Min.
Video:  Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:  English DD Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish & Closed Caption

Stars:
Cristi Harris
Darin Heames
Bobby Jacoby
Merle Kennedy
Amelia Kinkade

Plot:
For years, Hull House has sat in eerie silence - tales of its haunted past have turned into gory jokes - and no one really believes anything ever happened. But a special anniversary date is approaching...and, unknown to the local high school students, a horrorfest is in the works.

While most of the students at St. Rita's high school are excited about the "official" Halloween dance, Shirley Fennerty intends to party elsewhere. She and her rebellious cohorts are planning a wilder party at the abandoned "haunted" mansion.

They want fun...now they're in for the hell-raising party of their lives!

Extras:
Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
This was a blind buy... but after getting the first one for my Halloween Marathon... and enjoying it... I had to check this one out as well. This one was not as good as the first movie... but I was still able to enjoy it. I think this one was a little more cheesy then the first... and it threw in a few more laughs... so it is more of a fun watch then anything else.  The first half of the movie was little more then just T&A. Not that I am complaining mind you... but I can see how it could loose viewers that don't like gratuitous nudity. Of course the demonic fun comes once a car full of students slip away and have their own Halloween party at Hull House.

This DVD is in full frame... but if I am not mistaken... this being a direct to video release... this is the original aspect ratio for the movie. The picture and sound was fine on my cheap tv/surround sound system... though not sure how good it would look on a larger screen. Unfortunately the only extra on this DVD is some bonus trailers. Over-all I would say this is an enjoyable movie... I am glad I added it to my collection. And would recommend it to most other horror fans... but if you are not into the cheesy horror then you should skip this one.
Pete