Author Topic: Bionic Woman Episode Reviews  (Read 15030 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Bionic Woman Episode Reviews
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
Bionic Woman: Season 1

Original Airdate: March 24, 1976

Jaime's dream about her mother leaves her feeling disturbed - especially when she recieves word that her parents' graves have been vandalized.

My Thoughts:
While a pretty good episode... this one wasn't as good as many of the previous ones. The storyline was a little on the slow side. It was also pretty obvious where it was going.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 08:41:06 PM »

Original Airdate: April 7, 1976

Hoping to obtain vital information from a foriegn country, Jaime becomes a navagator in an international desert auto race.

My Thoughts:
Unfortunately this one wasn't quite as good as the previous ones either. I mean sure the car race in the desert was a bit of fun... but it also seemed to limit the uses of the bionics a little. And the storyline could have been a little better as well.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »

Original Airdate: April 14, 1976

When she is captured by a group that is scheming to steal an atomic-powered device, Jaime's life depends on a small boy who has "cried wolf" in the past.

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed more then the previous couple. I liked the visual of the desert where a lot of this episode takes place. I also liked the look of the jet pack suit. This is the last episode on disc 3... after watching the episodes I watched the extras on the disc. There is a gag reel which was too short and wasn't cleaned up as the episodes were.  And then there was a brand new featurette with interviews from the cast And I must say... even though she is starting to show her age... Lindsay Wagner is still a beautiful woman.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

Original Airdate: May 5, 1976

In an effort to protect a doctor and his top secret formula, Jaime heads to the skies and goes undercover as a flight attendant.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the best ones I seen in a while. I enjoyed every second of it! And it was nice to see Jaime have to be there to save Rudy's life. For those that don't know Rudy is the doctor that saved Jaime's life by making her bionic. I also really enjoyed the whole stranded on an island storyline.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 03:07:17 PM »

Original Airdate: May 12, 1976

Jaime fights to clear her name after the valuable decoding instrument she delivered is discovered on the international market.

My Thoughts:
A pretty good episode. It is an interesting story... but not overly thrilling. But I did like the idea behind the storyline. I also liked the fact that Oscar believed her from the start and that belief never faltered.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »

Original Airdate: May 19, 1976

A woman undergoes plastic surgery in order to become Jaime's double and steal privileged information from Oscar's files.

My Thoughts:
It seems a bit odd to have two stories in a row about someone attempting to frame Jaime. The story on this one is even better then the last one. And gave the chance for Lindsay Wagner to play a duel role. Which I think she pulled off pretty well... though her southern accent seemed a little too fake... at least she didn't have to use it too much. They of course went with the obvious when it came time to tell which was which at the end... just had Jaime do something bionic. Which is understandable... but I think it was so extremely obvious they should have surprised us and not even have it be an issue... putting them in the situation where they had to tell the two apart.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »

Original Airdate: May 26, 1976

Jaime poses as the governess for a small-town girl when supernatural forces disturb the classified project being developed by the child's father.

My Thoughts:
What an episode to end the first season on! I loved every minute of it! This one has a young Kristy McNichol in it. Really enjoyed this episode... putting Jaime up against something she really can't control with physical force... she has to get into the mind of a little girl to solve this problem.

My Rating:

Screen Caps:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »
Well... that puts this thread to a rest till they decide to release season 2. Hopefully there won't be a very long wait... as I enjoyed this set even more then I thought I would.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »
Didn't they try to remake this show a few years back and it all went terribly wrong?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
Yes... and yes... but I still enjoyed it!  :P :bag:

I have the complete series set for that one. :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »
Didn't they try to remake this show a few years back and it all went terribly wrong?

Here Pete's thoughts on that one.

Critter

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
I remember watching the first episode on TV. It wasn't so bad but I just never got around to watching it again, and then it seemed to be cancelled really quickly.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »

Here Pete's thoughts on that one.

I completely forgot I did a marathon review of that one!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »
I just got an e-mail notice that Season 2 has shipped. Looking forward to watching/reviewing some more episodes!  ;D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »
The Bionic Woman: Season 2
She can jump to the top of high buildings, single-handedly battle vicious thugs, run down high-speed vehicles and hear top-secret codes. She's The Bionic Woman... and she's back for more thrilling adventures in the gripping second season. With only brief interactions with her former love, Six Million Dollar Man Steve Austin (Lee Majors), Jamie Sommers (Lindsay Wagner in her Primetime Emmy® Award-winning* role) is on her own to test the limits of her incredible state-of-the-art bionic limbs. But with the secretive Office of Scientific Investigations (OSI) sending her on increasingly dangerous and deadly covert missions, will she survive long enough to realize her full potential as the world's first female cyborg? It's non-stop action and excitement as Jamie battles enemy foreign agents, hostile extraterrestrials and the fan-favorite fembots in 24 extraordinary episodes - including two crossover episodes with The Six Million Dollar Man!

*1977 Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

Season 2 Episodes:
  • The Return of Bigfoot (Six Million Dollar Man Crossover)
  • The Return of Bigfoot Part II
  • In This Corner, Jaime Simmers
  • Assult on the Princess
  • Road to Nashville
  • Kill Oscar
  • Kill Oscar Part II (Six Million Dollar Man Crossover)
  • Kill Oscar Part III
  • Black Magic
  • Sister Jaime
  • The Vega Influence
  • Jaime's Shield
  • Jaime's Shield Part II
  • Biofeedback
  • Doomsday is Tomorrow
  • Doomsday is Tomorrow Part II
  • Deadly Ringer
  • Deadly Ringer Part II
  • Jaime and the King