Author Topic: Castle: The Complete Second Season  (Read 856 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Castle: The Complete Second Season
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:19 AM »
Castle: The Complete Second Season

TV’s most engaging and unlikely crime-solving duo is back in the spectacular second season of ABC’s Castle.  The banter flies faster than the bullets in this unique series, loaded with drama, romance and laughs.

Best-selling mystery novelist Rick Castle’s unique approach to crime solving may have won over Detective Kate Beckett, but their relationship is still on rocky ground.  Relive all your favorite cases in this 5-disc DVD set.  Packed with never-before-seen bonus features, including inside secrets from the set, this collection is a must-have for every Castle fan!

My Thoughts

I love this show.  Yes a lot of what happens is a bit silly and unbelievable, but that makes the show really entertaining and enjoyable.  I think I saw all the episodes in this season at least twice before getting this DVD set..some I saw more since I left them on my DVR.  Even though I've seen these episodes a few times before, I still really enjoy them.  I adore the first few minutes of the Halloween episode when Rick dresses up like Mal.  It's wonderful.

The cases, while a bit bizarre, are interesting and help to provide the more entertaining moments.  Rick and Kate frequently bicker over things that come up during the cases.  Those disagreements tend to be entertaining.  I like the way the show uses a more lighthearted way of dealing with the murder cases.  That does make the show stand out from the other cop shows that are all serious. 

The characters are wonderful and very entertaining.  Rick is still fascinated with much of what happens when he is with Kate and the other detectives.  He does act like a big kid frequently, but that is a big part of the appeal of the character for me.  He can be serious when needed.  I really like him and I love Nathan Fillion in the part.  The relationship he has with his daughter Alexis is wonderful.  It is so nice to see a teenager in a show that is well adjusted and not...well...a whiny brat.  I do like Martha too even though she isn't always around a lot.

Kate is still more serious, though she is starting to lighten up a bit more.  She can be a bit harsh and she is a little harder to like at times, but she is likable overall.  Stana Katic does well with the part.  I do like Ryan and Esposito even though not as much has been shared about them.  I love it when they tease Rick about things..like in the episode with the mummy when Rick thinks he's cursed.

There are some interesting extras with the set, though there aren't any commentaries.  I think commentaries with Fillion would be highly entertaining..maybe for the next DVD set.  The bloopers are funny, though they don't last that long.  One thing is focused on the different murders that are done on the show, and it even explains how some stuff is done for them.  The extras are worth watching.

I love Castle and think the second season DVD set is a great set for fans of the show.

I got a review posted on Epinions a few days ago.

Castle:  The Complete Second Season