Author Topic: Mork & Mindy: The Third Season  (Read 963 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Mork & Mindy: The Third Season
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »

Mork & Mindy was a spin-off from an episode of Happy Days in which Mork, an alien from the planet Ork, attempted to kidnap Richie. Mork was so popular that he was given his own series which became an instant hit!

Mork (Robin Williams), was sent off to study Earthlings, landing in an eggshell near Boulder, Colorado. He was soon befriended by pretty Mindy McConnell (Pam Dawber), a music store clerk, who helped him adjust to Earth's ``strange'' ways.

The cosmic comedy continues in this four-disc, third season collection. As always, Mindy attempts to live a normal life - but there's never a dull moment with Mork around as he he keeps us laughing with his naive amd wacky view of the world. His adventures including protecting Grandma Cora from muggers, racing a champion roller skater, coming face to face with the real Robin Williams and helping Mindy 'become' an Orkan! Shazbat!

1. Putting the Ork Back in Mork, Part 1
2. Putting the Ork Back in Mork, Part 2
3. Mork in Never Never Land
4. Dueling Skates
5. Mork the Prankster
6. Mork, the Monkey's Uncle
7. Gunfight at the Morkay Corral
8. Mork's New Look
9. Alas, Poor Mork, We Knew Him Well
10. Mork and the Bum Rap
11. Mindy Gets Her Job
12. Twelve Angry Appliances
13. There's a New Mork in Town
14. Mork Meets Robin Williams
15. Mindy, Mindy, Mindy
16. Mork the Swinging Single
17. Mork & Mindy Meet Rick & Ruby
18. Mork and the Family Reunion
19. Old Muggable Mork
20. I Heard it Through the Morkvine
21. Mindy & Mork
22. Reflections and Regrets

My Thoughts

I'm not sure why I waited as long as I did to watch this set.  Part of it might be because the fourth season still hasn't been released on DVD and there don't seem to be any signs of it being released.  I'm very annoyed by this. 

Anyway, the episodes in this season are really entertaining.  I still find them to be hilarious and every episode had me laughing out loud even though I've seen them before.  This is another one that it is dangerous for me to snack while watching because of how much I laugh.  A lot of what happens is a bit silly, but it works perfectly for the show.  The plots are rather simple, but they are very entertaining.  Much of what happens still is tied to Mork learning things about Earth. 

Mork and Mindy are still the main characters and they are very likable and interesting.  Mindy's dad is back and in the majority of the episodes again after having been missing from most of the second season.  Her grandma is only in one or 2 episodes, but they are entertaining.  Mr. Bickley, Remo, and Jeanie are all back, though in fewer episodes.  I didn't mind Remo and Jeanie not being around as much.  They are ok, but I didn't like them as much in the second season.  It would have been nice if Mr. Bickley had been around a little more.  He and Mork had some very entertaining moments in the earlier seasons. 

There are no extras with the DVD set, but I'm still very glad that I have it.  I just wish the fourth season would be released.

I got a review posted on Epinions a few days ago.